Topic
50 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-26T03:41:31Z by SystemAdmin
dtremain
dtremain
455 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DPR-ERR-2056 The Report Server is not responding - why?

‏2009-01-30T19:40:36Z |
With 8.4, I am occasionally getting a DPR-ERR-2056 error when attempting to run a burst report in the scheduler.
The entire message is:
DPR-ERR-2056 The Report Server is not responding. Handler trace back: the_dispatcher com.cognos.pogo.handlers.performance.PerformanceIndicationHandler the_dispatcher com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler service_lookup com.cognos.pogo.handlers.engine.ServiceLookupHandler load_balancer com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler lb_forwarder com.cognos.p2plb.clerver.LoadBalanceHandler batchreportservicechain com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler warptask_with_authenticate com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler do_batch_warp com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler warptaskmtaChain com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler warptaskmta com.cognos.pogo.reportservice.BatchReportServerHandler
Updated on 2013-01-26T03:41:31Z at 2013-01-26T03:41:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • whatever890
    whatever890
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DPR-ERR-2056 The Report Server is not responding - why?

‏2009-06-02T14:25:53Z  in response to dtremain
    Hi David,

Did you ever figure out what was causing this error? We're getting it about 10% of the time since our upgrade to 8.4 and Support is being less than, well, supportive.

Thanks.
    • dtremain
      dtremain
      455 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-02T14:31:03Z  in response to whatever890
      Nope. Haven't seen it for several months until it popped up again last weekend on a scheduled report. Good luck with support right now - if you can even reach them...
      • Benjaaz
        Benjaaz
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-10T16:16:38Z  in response to dtremain
        I have received this error a lot. Sometimes it's because I am trying something that isn't currently capable in version 8.2 but will run in our 8.4 sandbox so it's something they fixed. At other times it could be a server memory or cache problem. In your case it's probably a runaway process or cache problem.
  • zonny
    zonny
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-19T15:31:20Z  in response to dtremain
    Hi David,

Have you had any luck with this issue?

My users have been experiencing this since we upgraded to 8.4. I don't remember having this issue when we're still at 8.3.

It seems to happen only when saving and sending the report by e-mail. It works fine if we only save or view the report.
    • johnpenna250
      johnpenna250
      186 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-19T16:18:59Z  in response to zonny
      I remember seeing this in 8.2. It eventually went away after installing the service packs..

They were quite chunky reports what I remember, a restart of the services used to help.

Try to schedule a restart of the services using a batch job and see if this helps...

Hope this 8.4 is not going back to the bad old days of reportnet!!

We have 8.4 but are only using Powerplay8 at the moment.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      15496 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-02-26T08:20:24Z  in response to zonny
      Hi Zonny

Have you got any solution for this error,In my case the user getting the same error from couple of months onwards,that to he is getting this error at 9:00 AM to 10:00Am At us timings,

please share with me if You got any solution for this error,

Thanks in Advance
      Chalapti
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-02-26T16:29:38Z  in response to dtremain
    I'm on 8.4 FP2 and get this error intermittently. According to support this is a known bug in 8.4 and there is a patch (hotsite) available to fix it. You would have to open a ticket and send them the cogserver.log with this error. They would then review it, verify that the error that you are getting is infact valid and send you the patch.
    I have not installed the patch yet so cannot confirm that the issue gets fixed but what they said did make sense
    • johnpenna250
      johnpenna250
      186 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-27T00:32:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Our 8.4 sp2 server is failing with this error a lot..I have logged a call with cognos and hope for a fix..did anyone have a bug number...

I had another error that related to a dpr err 2057 pid server not responding and have the patch but the dpr err 2056 error happens at least 5 times a times a week.8.2 had this issue until fix pack 2 came out..

It's quite embarrassing when you spend so much on an app,licences and you have to bounce the server 4 times a week.

Our 8.2 has been up for 6mon - 1 year without bouncing!!

Imagine spending $100000 on a car that kept breaking down 5 times per week.nonsense

I prefer the stability of 8.2
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        15496 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-27T01:43:37Z  in response to johnpenna250
        http://businessintelligence.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/cognos-reportnet-l/error-dprerr2056-1596979

or

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21343380

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21370964

http://www.cogknowhow.com/index.php/cognos-error-base/203-dpr-err-2056
        I follow the second link method to solve the problem. it might help you some what.

Winson.
        • johnpenna250
          johnpenna250
          186 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-27T18:56:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Thanks it's none of these.

We use oracle 10g.the reports run sometimes and fail on other days..

I think it's a bug.it's random..normal reports that run in 10 mins can run for hours then fail..cognos are looking at it..
          Restart of the server fixes it for a while.we have 16gb ram with no other thing running..It's one of most powerful servers in the building.help anyone!!!
          We want to go live soon but it's so unstable..try explaining to the business that you need to restart the services every night..that's crazy..
          • johnpenna250
            johnpenna250
            186 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-27T19:59:36Z  in response to johnpenna250
            we have upgraded to 10g oracle on the DB..I have found something on the IBM site that client has to be upgrade to 10g also....i need to check that next that
            • johnpenna250
              johnpenna250
              186 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DPR-ERR-2056 The Report Server is not responding - why? is this a bug?

‏2010-03-31T16:26:05Z  in response to johnpenna250
              Has anyone found this to be a bug..Our reports fail at least 5 times per week on diferent reports. IBm are investigation...

A bug number or fix would be appreciated.

John
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                15496 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-31T16:49:10Z  in response to johnpenna250
                I used to get this error intermittently when i tried to run some heavy reports.
                After looking at the logs IBM identified this as a known bug and sent me a Hotsite fix

This is what they had said about the issue

At a high-level, what happens is that the Cognos report server is sending a report execute request to a BiBus process that has already killed itself off due to an idle timeout. This immediately triggers the DPR-ERR-205 error message and causes the report to fail.
                • johnpenna250
                  johnpenna250
                  186 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-31T17:52:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Can you post the bug no please.IBM are asking us silly questions to get to the root of the problem,which I know have nothing to do with the problem

A bug number would prove us right that it's a bug.

Thanks
                  john
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    15496 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-31T20:45:08Z  in response to johnpenna250
                    John,

Unfortunately IBM did not provide me with the bug#.
                    According to them this is a well known bug in all 8.4 streams.
                    Sending them the cogserver.log with the error would expedite the process
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      15496 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-31T21:10:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      This error message is somewhat of a generic one. The error does not point to one single cause. If you get a problem number through this thread then it will be unlikely that the problem number is going to match the scenario that you are encountering. You would be just as well off to upgrade your system to the latest and greatest release as you would to apply a fix for an issue that you aren't actually encountering. Support will eventually help you to narrow down the cause of the problem and this will likely be better than applying random patches to see if one of them fixes the problem.
                      • johnpenna250
                        johnpenna250
                        186 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-01T10:14:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                        heres what IBM say.........

====================================================
                        I've found a few interesting things in the logs that take the call in a different direction.

"QE-DEF-0469 QE Message" type="general">RQP-DEF-0543 Metadata will be retrieved from the database, because a simple DB query subject definition with matching metadata does not exist."

This leads me to believe that the main error could be caused by the report timing out - it seems to indicate that the data cannot be passed straight to the database and thus the report creates a large amount of local processing which increases the time a report takes to complete, the load on the BIBus and then as a result the report times out.

Large strings of SQL data are then following in the error log, so it doesn't seem all that far-fetched a theory.

This brings me back to .dmp files. DMP files are created when the BIBus goes down whilst executing a query. These would be located in the c8_directory/bin folder.
                        If these are being created, this would be evidence to suggest that the BIBus is crashing in the way that I suggested.

With regards to your most recent email, yes, we're currently working on a similar issue in America with a client which makes me think that we'll be looking at a testcase as part of our resolution.

=========================
                        • johnpenna250
                          johnpenna250
                          186 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-02T09:55:45Z  in response to johnpenna250
                          Has anyone sucesss viewing and understanding the .dmp files?

By the sounds of things these have to be deleted.i dont want to turn them off yet until we get this nomsense sorted out with ibm
                          • johnpenna250
                            johnpenna250
                            186 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-06T09:51:19Z  in response to johnpenna250
                            I,m losing the will to live now..

I cant believe lots of other people have not had this problem.

Erroring maybe 5 - 6 times per week now
                            • SystemAdmin
                              SystemAdmin
                              15496 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-06T09:54:37Z  in response to johnpenna250
                              Get the dmp files to IBM development. From the dmp file they should be able to identify what the last action each thread was performing and which thread caused the fault. From personal experience, it would also help speed things up with them if you are able to provide a testcase which reproduces the issue. This may involve trying to narrow down the problem to specific reports or actions.
                              • johnpenna250
                                johnpenna250
                                186 Posts
                                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-06T18:19:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                                Hi phil w,thanks for that.

Ibm indeed want to create a testcase(to try an replicate the issue on their environment)

problem is they want a copy of our entire oracle db and schema and data as well as fm model and reports.

This is an intermittant error and uk data protection laws prevent us from sending data.

How did you create a testcase??

Not really getting anywhere at the moment,i think ibm is fobbing us off
                                • SystemAdmin
                                  SystemAdmin
                                  15496 Posts
                                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-06T21:42:28Z  in response to johnpenna250
                                  In my case I was able to track it down to one or two reports so the testcase could be cut down to just the data for these reports.

It seems that the dmp files only contain the final thread state so the steps leading up to the problem don't really show up in the file. This seems to be why the testcase is so important for tracking down the final issue that is reported in the dmp file.
                                  • johnpenna250
                                    johnpenna250
                                    186 Posts
                                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-07T16:44:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                                    Interestly i have narrowed it down to a few reports.these are upgraded from 8.2..

I tried as a last shot to copy out the querys to separate reports.a few copied out ok..

However when i copied a joined query i got a unstable report error and couldnt validate it..it validates okay in the normal report..

Giving an xml error when copying the query..i will try and rebuild the report and see if i still get this server not responding error
                                    • johnpenna250
                                      johnpenna250
                                      186 Posts
                                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DPR-ERR-2056 The Report Server is not responding - joins in report

‏2010-04-09T16:34:19Z  in response to johnpenna250
                                      POSSIBLE SOLUTION....

Check if the report is migrated....ours that fail all are from 8.2 to 8.4

Check if the report has joins in the queries...

Try copying out the queries to a new report and doing anything... the report becomes unstable ..even though it validates in 8.4..Possible rewrite the report.

i think this is a bug...

Will let you know if creating a new report fixes the problem
                                      • johnpenna250
                                        johnpenna250
                                        186 Posts
                                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-13T09:33:16Z  in response to johnpenna250
                                        SUCCESS....I dont want to celebrate just yet, but rebuiding the Report from scratch (NOT COPYING THE QUERIES from the 8.4 report to the new 8.4 Report)allows the report to run today. I have scheduled for 5 days.

It seems this is a bug in Migrated reports from 8.2 to 8.4 with joins in them..

I think somethink happens to the xml file of the report for reports with joined queries in them,

The old report still failed today with the DPR-ERR-2056 The Report Server is not responding but the new one worked...

I will keep you updated but it looks promising..

John
                                        • SystemAdmin
                                          SystemAdmin
                                          15496 Posts
                                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-13T11:19:12Z  in response to johnpenna250
                                          Interesting. I'd be tempted to do a file comparison/diff between the two report specifications to see what elements/properties are different between the two.
                                          • johnpenna250
                                            johnpenna250
                                            186 Posts
                                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-13T14:03:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                                            There is a difference

Mainly in the header and footer

Migrated 8.2 -> 8.4

<report xmlns="http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/" expressionLocale="en-gb" ignoreFilterContext="false"><!--RSU-SPC-0093 The report specification was upgraded from &amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/3.0/&amp;amp;amp;quot; to &amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/&amp;amp;amp;quot; at 2010-2-24. 13:20:45--><!--RS:8.2-->
                                            .......last line of the report...

<XMLAttributes><XMLAttribute name="RS_CreateExtendedDataItems" value="false" output="no"/><XMLAttribute name="listSeparator" value="," output="no"/></XMLAttributes></report>
                                            Report rewritten from scratch and Developed in 8.4(not copying the queries)

<report xmlns="http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/" expressionLocale="en-gb">
                                            .......last line of the report

<XMLAttributes><XMLAttribute name="RS_CreateExtendedDataItems" value="true" output="no"/><XMLAttribute name="listSeparator" value="," output="no"/></XMLAttributes></report>
                                            • johnpenna250
                                              johnpenna250
                                              186 Posts
                                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-14T08:54:17Z  in response to johnpenna250
                                              SUCCESS..

So we have resolved the issue by rebuilding the report from scratch...(NOT copying anything from the query of the 8.4 report to the new 8.4 report)

It takes time but the new report works now...This is a bug with migrated reports from 8.2 to 8.4 with joined queries.

I,m sure loads of other people have had this problem..I guess it would effect bursting reports also..

Just go with a new rebuild and it should fix the problem
                                              • johnpenna250
                                                johnpenna250
                                                186 Posts
                                                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-16T19:43:37Z  in response to johnpenna250
                                                Removing the line 'ignorefiltercontext' from the xml of the migrated report also allowed the failed reports to run.

We will try this on other reports with joined queries,if this works this is quicker than rebuilding the reports from scratch
                                                • mgibson
                                                  mgibson
                                                  592 Posts
                                                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-18T23:21:58Z  in response to johnpenna250
                                                  I haven't read the whole thread, so I might have missed this point, but I was curious to know if you guys are providing this info to Cognos?

Hopefully they can fix it as a bug for everyone.

Mick
                                                  • johnpenna250
                                                    johnpenna250
                                                    186 Posts
                                                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-19T10:56:25Z  in response to mgibson
                                                    Heres one for your notes....

I know we sorted this issue,but rather than build from scratch ...We removed the
                                                    ignoreFilterContext="false"> from the header of the migrated xml

The report successfully runs after removing the ignoreFilterContext="false" from the xml.

at least we dont need to build reports from scratch.!

We have been passing these notes onto Cognos..So hopefully they will fix them, maybe we can get a reduction on our licence fee for all the fixes we provided to them. This is the 3rd or 4th bug we managed to discover and fix...I feel we are firefighting and beta testing this product...

Here how to fix...This will probably effect bursting reports and any reports with join queries in

GOOD LUCK

From
                                                    <report xmlns="http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/" expressionLocale="en-gb" ignoreFilterContext="false"><!--RSU-SPC-0093 The report specification was upgraded from &amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/3.0/&amp;amp;amp;quot; to &amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/&amp;amp;amp;quot; at 2010-2-24. 13:20:45--><!--RS:8.2-->

To
                                                    <report xmlns="http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/" expressionLocale="en-gb"><!--RSU-SPC-0093 The report specification was upgraded from &amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/3.0/&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; to &amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; at 2010-2-24. 13:20:45--><!--RS:8.2-->
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    15496 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-11T09:31:30Z  in response to johnpenna250
                    Hi,

Please check if any of your query contains After aggregation or summary filters. Try to remove that and find a workaround of the same.

Thanks and Best regards,
                    Manish

Manish Tirpude | InfoCepts | www.infocepts.com

• SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      15496 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-11T10:48:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      Hi Manish,

No my query don't have any summary filters or aggregation added.

Thanks
                      Gopi
                • Neerukanti.kumar
                  Neerukanti.kumar
                  7 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-28T07:34:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi ReDMIsT,

we are also running an heavy report and getting the same error.

can u please suggest us to solve the issue.

thanks in advance.

N praveen kumar.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    15496 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-29T01:14:30Z  in response to Neerukanti.kumar
                    Neerukanti,

This message can occur for many different reasons. Likewise, there are many possible solutions to this problem. It could be that you are encountering a product defect but it is not possible to determine this without actually looking at the problem. I would recommend that you contact IBM support to get help with this problem.

However, you also mention that this is a "heavy report". It may be that your report design is the major factor in causing the problem. It may be more effective to look at the report design first. If you can post your report specification then you might get some feedback on how to improve your report design to avoid the error you are seeing now.
  • nashtrain
    nashtrain
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-26T18:31:09Z  in response to dtremain
    After we finally reproduced the error with basic level logging on, we analyzed the a log by first putting it back in the right order; We realized that the BIBus process failed just after we got a bunch of warnings because cross-product joins was used in the reports that we got the DPR-ERR-2056 error in the portal and the DPR-ERR-2074 error in the cogserver.log file. A simple change to the FM model governor so that cross-product joins are allowed and republishing the packages seems to do the trick. We didn't have the error for 3 days now!!! Hope that's it! We are running more than 70 daily reports and we usually get this error 2-3 times every night!

We are on IBM Cognos 8.4.1 and we've started to get this error after we migrated; We worked long hours with IBM Support to get them what they wanted; BTW, We tried the 102.1019 patch for Solaris 10 and it didn't solve the issue, so don't bother with this patch since it made EVERY report execution failed with the DPR-ERR-2056 error, not just one out of 50.
    • johnpenna250
      johnpenna250
      186 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-26T19:43:23Z  in response to nashtrain
      8.4 is pretty poor compared to the stability of 8.2 with the latest service pack

we can have around 100-300 reports.

None of these have cross product joins.it seems it only happens on migrated reports.

Try the following 4 versions of the report and test for a week

1)rebuild the report in 8.4 dont copy and paste any queries
      2)modify the header of the xml
      3)run the reports with your modified govenor package.
      4)run the original reports

shame on ibm for releasing such an unstable product.

The only reason we upgraded was to integrate transformer and save to network drives.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        15496 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-26T22:20:47Z  in response to johnpenna250
        Hi john,
        I did not get step 2 where you said modify the header xml. Can you pls explain to me. I was having the same issue for few weeks finally we upgrade cognos 8.4.1 to 8.4.1 FP1 few days back it looks like the error went away. But as you said I recreate some of the report already in order to run the report. Finally it is working fine.
        Thanks,
        Winson.
        • johnpenna250
          johnpenna250
          186 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-27T07:27:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Copy the report to clipboard in the report studio tools menu.
          Then open notepad and select paste.

Then remove the contextfilter in the header..

When finished in notepad ,select all ,then copy.

Go into tools in report studi. Then open from clipboard,save the report and run

...We removed the
          ignoreFilterContext="false">

From
          <report xmlns="http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/" expressionLocale="en-gb" ignoreFilterContext="false"><!--RSU-SPC-0093 The report specification was upgraded from &amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/3.0/&amp;amp;quot; to &amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/&amp;amp;quot; at 2010-2-24. 13:20:45--><!--RS:8.2-->

To
          <report xmlns="http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/" expressionLocale="en-gb"><!--RSU-SPC-0093 The report specification was upgraded from &amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/3.0/&amp;amp;amp;quot; to &amp;amp;amp;quot;http://developer.cognos.com/schemas/report/6.0/&amp;amp;amp;quot; at 2010-2-24. 13:20:45--><!--RS:8.2-->
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            15496 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-27T12:34:15Z  in response to johnpenna250
            Thanks for the reply John.

Great work.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            15496 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-11T07:34:50Z  in response to johnpenna250
            Hi,

I am creating multi tab advanced active report and when I run the report I am getting error as below

DPR-ERR-2056

The Report Server is not responding.

Details
            Handler trace back: the_dispatcher com.cognos.pogo.handlers.performance.PerformanceIndicationHandler the_dispatcher com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler service_lookup com.cognos.pogo.handlers.engine.ServiceLookupHandler load_balancer com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler lb_forwarder com.cognos.p2plb.clerver.LoadBalanceHandler reportservicechain com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler warp_with_authenticate com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler do_warp com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler warpmta com.cognos.pogo.reportservice.ReportServerHandler

I didn't found contextfilter in my report xml. Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks
            Gopi
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            15496 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-11T08:48:41Z  in response to johnpenna250
            Hi John,

Can you reply to my query I have posted today.

Any one knows the solution to this problem please respond ASAP.

Thanks
            Gopi
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              15496 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-11T11:26:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              84gopi, errors of this sort typically mean that the report server process has terminated unexpectedly. You could look to see if the BIBusTKServerMain process terminates at approximately the same time that the error is shown on screen. If this is what is happening then you are likely dealing with a code problem and your best approach to resolving this will be to contact IBM support.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                15496 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-12T06:23:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Hi,

I am running the report in cognos 10 environment. I am getting the error only for this report, other reports are running fine.

I am not getting what do you mean by this 'BIBusTKServerMain process terminates' and how can I check this.

But any way thanks for the info I will check IBM support, mean while any body has faced this error earlier please let me know the solution to this problem.

Thanks
                Gopi
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            15496 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-12T09:30:02Z  in response to johnpenna250
            Hi John,

Can you please reply to my query.....

Thanks
            Gopi
    • johnpenna250
      johnpenna250
      186 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-18T10:40:59Z  in response to nashtrain
      Hi Nashtrain, did you manage to fix this?? We did have a error for 2 weeks then they came back..Not on rewritten reports though.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-10T17:05:45Z  in response to dtremain
    As Phil stated in a previous post, this error may result from various different reasons. I had success with re-creating the report.

Nat
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      15496 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T11:10:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

I have a report which is failing when scheduled with pdf and single sheet o/p in cognos 8.

I can see the pdf o/pgetting generated but is unable to see the excel o/p at the shared location where the report o/ps are saved.
      We are getting the below error.

DPR-ERR-2056

The Report Server is not responding.

Details
      Handler trace back: the_dispatcher com.cognos.pogo.handlers.performance.PerformanceIndicationHandler the_dispatcher com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler service_lookup com.cognos.pogo.handlers.engine.ServiceLookupHandler load_balancer com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler lb_forwarder com.cognos.p2plb.clerver.LoadBalanceHandler reportservicechain com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler warp_with_authenticate com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler do_warp com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler warpmta com.cognos.pogo.reportservice.ReportServerHandler

Does anyone knows the exact reason for this.

It will be of great help to us as this is somewhat urgent
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        15496 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-26T03:41:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Guys any facing this problem if ever ,please reply
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        15496 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-26T03:41:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Guys any facing this problem if ever ,please reply