Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-02-17T08:54:46Z by richard.france
pdvpk
pdvpk
28 Posts

Pinned topic RTRT Tool Qualification(urgent)

‏2009-01-30T18:06:47Z |
hi,

Can anybody help to know whether it is necessary to run the test cases provided by IBM Rational Test Real Time Tool Qualification kit on the Target board(on hardware) according to DO-178B standards.
Thanks in advance
Updated on 2009-02-17T08:54:46Z at 2009-02-17T08:54:46Z by richard.france
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2260 Posts

Re: RTRT Tool Qualification(urgent)

‏2009-02-04T11:16:42Z  
    It is mandatory to qualify a tool as per DO-178B standards if it is used for verification process.
    If a tool:
    1. Cannot introduce error into the software but fail to detect the errors.
    2. If the output of the tool will not be verified.
    3. If the tool reduces the process.
    Then the tool has to be qualified.

Coming to the question, it is not mandatory to run the test cases provided by the RTRT development kit, but you have to write the sample code and test cases for that code depending upon the level of the software for which RTRT is used. But you have to get it qualified either with the test cases provided by RTRT or with the test cases you write as defined in the Tool qualification PLAN and requirements.

For further information please refer section 12 in DO-178 document which speaks as how to qualify and what data required for qualification.

Hope this helps you in some way.
  • pdvpk
    pdvpk
    28 Posts

‏2009-02-04T12:11:42Z  
    Thanks for the answer.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2260 Posts

‏2009-02-13T06:35:20Z  
    • pdvpk
    • ‏2009-02-04T12:11:42Z
    Thanks for the answer.
    Hi!
    I'm interested in to get more information about RTRT concerning Qualification kit. Unfortunately. I haven't used it yet and i'ld like to know what is a Qualification Kit? I'm aware of Do-178B req's but my knowledge of Tool Qualification is poor. What does IBM offer in its Qualification kit for RTRT tool. Is this a documentation? I'm confused. Please, if help me.
    TIA
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    815 Posts

‏2009-02-17T08:54:46Z  
    Hi!
    I'm interested in to get more information about RTRT concerning Qualification kit. Unfortunately. I haven't used it yet and i'ld like to know what is a Qualification Kit? I'm aware of Do-178B req's but my knowledge of Tool Qualification is poor. What does IBM offer in its Qualification kit for RTRT tool. Is this a documentation? I'm confused. Please, if help me.
    TIA
    Should I qualify any customized TDP? If so, how can I do that? What must I provide to certification authorities?
    1 The Target Deployment Port (TDP) is considered a part of the Component Testing & Code Coverage features of Test RealTime.

2 As a result, the Tool Qualification must focus on the TDP as well. After installation and customization of the required TDP, tests of the TDP should be executed with all the results checked manually. These results must then be provided to the certification authority to prove the tool’s qualification. These tests are provided in the qualification kit.

3 Since all Test RealTime features - other than the TDP - operate on the host machine, the tests used to validate the tool require to be run at least once on the selected platform for a given version of Test RealTime. This validation has been performed by the Rational Brand of the IBM Software Group and all tests artifacts are provided in the qualification kit. In addition to these tests, a complete documentation and traceability matrix of theses tests (related to Test RealTime design documents) are provided.

What is exactly provided for Test RealTime qualification?

The qualification kit consists of an executable file which includes all the specifications for the Component Testing and Code Coverage features of Test RealTime (for C and Ada languages only!), all test scripts used to test them, all expected test results and a traceability matrix using hyperlinks to establish direct relations between each of the above elements.