Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-11-23T22:05:51Z by hve.dk
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4895 Posts

Pinned topic Websphere outline for RPG source's included physical files isn't working

‏2009-01-27T20:07:33Z |
Hi-

I have a program I'm editing that was written in ILE RPG, which I'm converting over to Free. I'm fairly new in the world of iSeries, having mostly a background in Solaris and Perl/C, using vi to edit code. So this might just be something stupid that I'm doing wrong.

The code I'm converting uses several physical files, which I am also making changes to. The problem I am having is that when I make a change to a physical file, such as a variable's character length, adding a new variable, or changing the name of a variable, that change is not reflected in the outline window in WDSC, no matter whether or not I hit the "refresh" button on the window. Any ideas on what could be causing this? It makes debugging very difficult. I attached a screen cap so you can see what I'm talking about--the variable names have all been changed to match our style guide, but the old-style names are still showing up in the outline.

Here's the info from my WDSC "help" window:

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

Version: 7.0.0
Build id: 20070202_0030

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Updated on 2009-11-23T22:05:51Z at 2009-11-23T22:05:51Z by hve.dk
  • hve.dk
    hve.dk
    1 Post

Re: Websphere outline for RPG source's included physical files isn't working

‏2009-11-23T22:05:51Z  
    Have a look at:
    http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg111809-story01.html

You basically have to use "Verify (Prompt)" instead of just "Verify".