• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-01-28T08:06:48Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
123 Posts

Pinned topic Error when running

‏2009-01-27T07:06:40Z |
Hi,

for documentation purposes i use vceexport (1.0.12) in a WAS 6.1 ND Environment on
Fixpack and Feature Pack 17.
We are running under Solaris 10.

When i run vceexport.sh from websphere tools i encounter the following
problem in all our seven environments:
ADMG0007E: The configuration data type WSSecurity is not valid.

WSSecurity has 1 related types
com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.InvalidConfigDataTypeException:
ADMG0007E: The configuration data type WSSecurity is not valid.
at
com.ibm.ws.management.configservice.TypeRegistry.getMetaObject
(TypeRegistry.java:150)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.configservice.ConfigServiceImpl.getAttributesMetaInfoBasic
(ConfigServiceImpl.java:1255)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.configservice.ConfigServiceDelegator.getAttributesMetaInfo
(ConfigServiceDelegator.java:55)
at
com.ibm.ws.management.configservice.ConfigServiceImpl.getAttributesMetaInfo
(ConfigServiceImpl.java:665)
at
com.ibm.topology.websphere.provider.WebSphereConfigExporter.getAttributesMetaInfo
(Unknown Source)
at
com.ibm.topology.websphere.provider.WebSphereConfigExporter.addObjectType
(Unknown Source)
at
com.ibm.topology.websphere.provider.WebSphereConfigExporter.queryRelatedObjects
(Unknown Source)
at
com.ibm.topology.websphere.provider.WebSphereConfigExporter.main
(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:263)
This error prevents vceexporter from writing the config into a xml
file.
I can use the binary file that is in output directory (ex. dmgr.websphere.configuration) with VCE, but we want to have an xml to process it further.

No i was researching about this and cannot find the problem. Has there
been updates in data types of ws-security.xml during fixpacks? Can i
force WAS to refresh or rebuild the existing ws-security.xml for all
the servers? Or can i skip ws-security during export?

We also searched for the newest version 1.0.13, but didnt managed to find it.

Thanks for your support in advance
J. Wienert
Updated on 2009-01-28T08:06:48Z at 2009-01-28T08:06:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • bdelima
    bdelima
    124 Posts

Re: Error when running

‏2009-01-27T13:47:52Z  
    Generally speaking, errors and warnings in the logs are there only for informational/development purposes. The only time you should be concerned with the log entries is when the .configuration file is not produced. The reason these errors occur are mainly due to inconsistencies in the underlying WebSphere management APIs. When errors are detected, the code in the exporter will automatically attempt recovery. If the recovery is not successful, it will abort and no .configuration file will be produced.

That said, it sounds like you might be on some backlevel code. I recommend that you update your VCE code via the ISA v4 update facilities. Please note that the "vceexport" scripts have been deprecated. Please see the release notes for more information.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    123 Posts

‏2009-01-27T14:54:30Z  
    • bdelima
    • ‏2009-01-27T13:47:52Z
    Generally speaking, errors and warnings in the logs are there only for informational/development purposes. The only time you should be concerned with the log entries is when the .configuration file is not produced. The reason these errors occur are mainly due to inconsistencies in the underlying WebSphere management APIs. When errors are detected, the code in the exporter will automatically attempt recovery. If the recovery is not successful, it will abort and no .configuration file will be produced.

That said, it sounds like you might be on some backlevel code. I recommend that you update your VCE code via the ISA v4 update facilities. Please note that the "vceexport" scripts have been deprecated. Please see the release notes for more information.
    Hi bdelima,

thanks for your answer.

What i was puzzled about, the vcecompare.sh is described to compare two xml files.

Do i have to use a parameter when calling vceexport.sh to get xml-output?? or are there other tools to export the configuration as xml? Because in VCE of ISA 4.0 i didn't found an option.

regards
    roadrunner99
  • bdelima
    bdelima
    124 Posts

‏2009-01-27T16:43:24Z  
    Hi bdelima,

thanks for your answer.

What i was puzzled about, the vcecompare.sh is described to compare two xml files.

Do i have to use a parameter when calling vceexport.sh to get xml-output?? or are there other tools to export the configuration as xml? Because in VCE of ISA 4.0 i didn't found an option.

regards
    roadrunner99
    You are definitely using an older version of VCE. The vceexport and vcecompare scripts have been deprecated, and have been replaced with functionality provided by the Headless Automation Runtime. You should be on version 1.0.13.200811041219.

The new function is documented in the readme and help. Please upgrade to the latest release, and contact me at bdelima@us.ibm.com for further assistance.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    123 Posts

‏2009-01-28T08:06:48Z  
    • bdelima
    • ‏2009-01-27T16:43:24Z
    You are definitely using an older version of VCE. The vceexport and vcecompare scripts have been deprecated, and have been replaced with functionality provided by the Headless Automation Runtime. You should be on version 1.0.13.200811041219.

The new function is documented in the readme and help. Please upgrade to the latest release, and contact me at bdelima@us.ibm.com for further assistance.
    thanks for your help.

OK, we managed to installed the newest version.
    You've got mail.