Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-10-12T09:50:06Z by Diotima
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
199 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Workflow initiating attachment not found

‏2009-01-14T20:48:27Z |
I have a workflow that gets launched by a create folder event. The initiating attachment is the folder and is declared as such in the workflow. At several steps I read a property on the folder with a CE_Operations component calling getStringProperty.

Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. Some workflow instances fail the first time they try to read a folder property. Other instances read the property successfully the first time, but the second or third time it fails. And other instances work without error.

The error message (the work performer exception found in the process administrator tool) includes either a path to the required missing folder or the guid of the folder. I can find the folder with the path or guid. Since it was the folder being created that triggered the workflow, how can it not be found?

I don't see the problem in development, but in load testing in our QA environment, I see lots of workflow failures - all because it can't read the initiating attachment folder.

I'm not seeing anything useful in the component manager logs. Two component managers are running on two UNIX boxes in QA and I run one component manager locally in WIndows XP for development.

We are at FileNet 3.5.x .
Updated on 2012-10-12T09:50:06Z at 2012-10-12T09:50:06Z by Diotima
  • Diotima
    Diotima
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Workflow initiating attachment not found

‏2012-10-12T09:50:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Does anybody found a solution for this issue? I have the same problem on 5.1 version. Sometimes getStringProperty works sometimes doesn't. How I can resolved this?