Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-04-13T17:13:16Z by Paul_Allen
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
41 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Controller: Same company connected to two or more groups?

‏2009-01-07T21:14:22Z |
Khai Nguyen said:

Hi,

maybe I already know the answer to this question, but I just wanna check if you guys have an alternative:

Is it possible to connect a subsidiary to two different group-company (business area) or in any way "route" the data entered into a company to two different groups in the same consolidation type?

This may sound crazy but my company is probably changing the structure into business areas with the same legal companies consolidating to different areas, making consolidation in Controller a real challenge.

Any suggestion welcome!

Updated on 2009-04-13T17:13:16Z at 2009-04-13T17:13:16Z by Paul_Allen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Controller: Same company connected to two or more groups?

‏2009-01-07T21:14:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Andrew Davey said:

Controller enables structures to vary over time which enables you to vary the structure from one period to the next. If, however, you want to get an entity to consolidate to 2 different entities at the same time split the ownership (say 50/50) and choose the purchase method for consolidation. You may also have to review the structure of the automatic journals.

• Paul_Allen
    Paul_Allen
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Controller: Same company connected to two or more groups?

‏2009-04-13T17:13:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    A couple of points here:

If you want companies to roll-up differently, you will need two different consolidation types.

If you want the same company to roll-up 2 places in the same structure 100%, you can't. Controller is a financial consolidation system and as such is govenerned by basic accounting rules such as you can not double count an entity in a consolidation.

As Andrew says, if you have a cross-ownership you can connect to difference groups but only one connection can be purchase method, the othere should be equity method.