Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-01-12T15:52:11Z by arllen
kinderlykid
kinderlykid
22 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WebCharts3D Evaluation Version

‏2008-12-31T02:46:46Z |
Hi, All my charts now suddenly started showing "WebCharts3D Evaluation Version".

I m using eclipse 3.2, and portlet factory 6.0.1.

I m not sure if it is a problem with webcharts3d or the problem with portlet factory or the problem with dashboard framework.

I understand that we have to have a license key if so how should i get it and for which product should i get it (wbcharts3d / portlet factory / dashboard framework)?

I am not sure whether my priors have already purchased the license because the whole environment of portlet development was passed on to me by them and none of them are around. so how should i check if they already have purchased a license (not downloaded) and so it has been expired or something?

This is more annoying having this tag at the bottom of all the charts.

Thanks
Updated on 2009-01-12T15:52:11Z at 2009-01-12T15:52:11Z by arllen
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WebCharts3D Evaluation Version

‏2008-12-31T13:06:00Z  in response to kinderlykid
    Are you using Portlet Factory (WPF) or the Dashboard Framework (WDF)?

See this tech note for more details about the Web Charts license that ships with WPF and WDF:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3044&context=SSRUWN&context=SSUMNA&q1=chart+license&uid=swg21290260&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Does your project have a WebSphere Dashboard Framework readme file (readme_dashboards.txt) in the <project>\WebContent\solutions\dashboard directory? This file contains the Web Charts license -- please do not post its contents.

If you're using WDF, I would expect the Web Charts that ships with it to already have the license installed into it. WPF does not ship Web Charts with a license, so you'll get the evaluation message in your charts. Refer to the tech note above for details.

If your charts only recently started showing the eval message, it sounds like you have a Web Charts license and something changed in your system such that the charts don't see the license anymore. One possibility is switching from using WDF (which ships with a Web Charts license) to WPF (which doesn't).

In your project, does the WEB-INF/lib/wc50.jar file contain a webcharts3D.xml file with a valid license (see the server line close to the top)? If it doesn't, you'll see the eval message in your charts.

Hope this helps,

Arllen
    • kinderlykid
      kinderlykid
      22 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-06T04:45:06Z  in response to arllen
      Thanks Arllen

It now shows "Invalid client license".

I m using WPF. I have switched from WDF to WPF, as you mentioned i think it is b'cos of this.

I have used WDF 6.0.0 and switched to WPF 6.0.1. Now all my projects have WPF 6.0.1 builders, i tried swithching back to WDF 6.0.0 by uninstalling the WPF 6.0.1 (ofcourse, exporting the portlet archive of each and every project), installed WDF 6.0.0 and imported the portlet archive of one project. but it shows some builder not found error.

so installed WDF 6.0.1 this time and imported the portlet archive of one porject, no builder related errors but it shows "Invalid client license"

I can see the license key in readme_dashboards.txt file.

Thanks again.
      • arllen
        arllen
        19 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-12T15:52:11Z  in response to kinderlykid
        Sorry about the late response; I was out of the office.

Check that the license you are using matches the version of Web Charts that ships with your WPF.

How to check the version of Web Charts that ships with your WPF:
        http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3044&context=SSRUWN&context=SSUMNA&q1=chart+version&uid=swg21281821&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

It may be that the license you have is too old. If you have WDF, you are entitled to use the latest version of Web Charts. Take a look at this tech note:
        http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3044&context=SSRUWN&context=SSUMNA&q1=chart+license&uid=swg21304504&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

BUT if you installed WDF again, I would expect its Web Charts license to take effect ... unless you imported a project that had its own Web Charts license in it. When you exported your files, did you do the whole project or just your models and their dependencies?

Hope this helps,

Arllen