Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-02-19T17:51:50Z by ELKARAMA
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Launching external program from a button on Maximo Application Screen

‏2008-12-15T04:04:27Z |
1. Is there any way to create a button / link that will launch an external application (nothing to do with Maximo) on any Maximo Application Screen?

2. If possible, is there any possibility of enabling/disabling that button/link based on a certain field value? (maybe using Field Control?)

This is for Maximo 6.2.x

How about in Maximo 7.1.x ?
Updated on 2010-02-19T17:51:50Z at 2010-02-19T17:51:50Z by ELKARAMA
  • Dinnu
    Dinnu
    9 Posts

Re: Launching external program from a button on Maximo Application Screen

‏2008-12-19T22:48:53Z  
    This can be accomplished using a pushbutton or a Hyperlink. Follow the steps below.

Launch Application Designer
    Open the concerned app
    Drag either a hyperlink or a pushbutton on to the screen.
    Set the event property to 'launchecternal'
    Set the event type to whichever application you are trying to launch. Ex : mstsc.exe
    Any screen parameters can be passed using {}. Ex EventValue : mstsc.exe {wonum}
    You may have to change the Activex settings in the Intranet zone to enable ""ActiveX Controls not marked as safe"

Hope this helps.

D
  • Ctibor
    Ctibor
    3 Posts

‏2009-01-09T09:30:55Z  
    Maximo 7.1 has new feature called "launch in context". It is better then launchexternal, because you do not need to enable run ActiveX context in Explorer and is easier to manage. It is described in Integration guide: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.mam.doc_7.1/pdf/mam71_integration_guide.pdf
  • ELKARAMA
    ELKARAMA
    2 Posts

‏2010-02-19T17:51:50Z  
    • Ctibor
    • ‏2009-01-09T09:30:55Z
    Maximo 7.1 has new feature called "launch in context". It is better then launchexternal, because you do not need to enable run ActiveX context in Explorer and is easier to manage. It is described in Integration guide: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.mam.doc_7.1/pdf/mam71_integration_guide.pdf
    hi,

I'm new in maximo's world, and I have the need to launch Telnet from a maximo application (incident for example), I have tried to do this with "Launch in context" as it's describing in the integration guide but it still not work,

can you just show me how to do that.

N.B. the TSRM is deployed under AIX but all clients are under windows, so I've tried to launch this value %SystemRoot%\system32\telnet.exe which should works!!

the version is 7.1

Thanks a lot