Below is a list of FAQs regarding REST support in CICS using PHP. We will continue to update it as more questions come in.
If your question is not answered here, don't hesitate to post a new thread!
- Where can I download this SupportPac and how do I start using it?
- Is there any relationship between the runtime for PHP in CA1s and the one in WebSphere sMash?
- Is there any relationship between the runtime for PHP in CA1s and the one available from http://php.net?
IBM engineers are contributing tests back to the PHP project, which are directly consumable by the php.net PHP implementation. We have also spent some time working on the PHP Development Toolkit (PDT) at the Eclipse project, adding function to enable it to debug PHP code using XDebug via the DBGp protocol. Our runtime for PHP uses the DBGp protocol for it's own debug capabilities.
- Does this SupportPac provide a complete PHP implementation?
Please refer to section 13 of ca1s.pdf for the list of PHP functions available in CA1S. It is our intention, over time, to provide a full set of library functions that make sense in the CICS environment. If you need functions that are not yet available, don't hesitate to let us know in this forum.
- Why can't I view the example scripts in my text editor on z/OS?
You can edit the scripts on a system that supports ASCII character data, or you can convert the scripts to EBCDIC using iconv, e.g.:
iconv -f ISO8859-1 -t IBM-1047 HelloCICS.php
If you transcode the scripts to an EBCDIC code page, remember to change unicode.script_encoding in php.ini accordingly. Please see section 9 of ca1s.pdf for more information on encoding considerations.
- Why does my browser display garbage characters when I try to view a page?
Also, confirm that the script begins with a '<?php' tag.
- Why do I get a 'java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException' when generating record classes from ADATA using JZOS?
The JZOS documentation is included in the CA1S package as "JZOS Cobol Record Generator Users Guide.pdf". For more information, see section "Running the COBOL RecordClassGenerator" of "JZOS Cobol Record Generator Users Guide.pdf".
- When I read fields in a commarea, why do the values not contain the data I expect?
See section 6.2 of ca1s.pdf for more information.
Edited by: Robin_Fernandes_admin on Dec 13, 2008 4:01 AM