5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-14T12:21:15Z by SatishTanna
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
270 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic full BAS definitions

‏2008-12-03T12:56:10Z |
Hi,

I am testing CICS Explorer. It is a public downloaded version (Version 0.4). I work with 2 different WUI-CMAS & CICS/TS is a 3.1 version.
I notice that I can't see the objects like RASGNDEFs (Resources assignments), RESDESC (Resources Descriptions) and other objects present in the repository.
Will they be implemented in future releases, or are they available with TS3.2 ?

I have also a problem to update resources : the attributes are all in read only. I can't modify anything.
No errors or warning messages in MSGUSRs, EYULOGs of the WUI & the CMAS.
Is there a particular TCPIPService to configure in the WUI ?

Thanks for your ideas
regards
Updated on 2008-12-05T08:43:09Z at 2008-12-05T08:43:09Z by MatthewWebster
  • GrantShayler
    GrantShayler
    98 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: full BAS definitions

‏2008-12-03T13:06:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi PPTools,

The interface that CICS Explorer uses (WUI Data interface) with CICS TS V3 is read only. At present there is nothing you can do to perform an action on an 'OPS' resource or update a BAS definition with just the 'base' CICS Explorer. (so, no TCPIPService to configure).

I'll let someone else comment re your point about plans for other BAS objects.

Cheers ... Grant.
  • SatishTanna
    SatishTanna
    38 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-12-03T13:33:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

If you have CICS Configuration Manager (CICS CM) installed, you can update resource definitions using the CICS CM explorer plug-in. CICS CM support all resource types including CPSM BAS resources RESDESC, RESGROUP and xxxxDEFs. In future CICS CM will also support BAS definitions such as RASGNDEFs, SYSLINKs etc.

regards,

Satish
  • MatthewWebster
    MatthewWebster
    24 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-12-05T08:43:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    RASGNDEFs (Resources assignments) and RESDESC (Resources Descriptions) are both supported by CICS V3.1 just not by the Explorer (yet). They will be available in a future iteration. Please refer to the statement of direction (http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/8/897/ENUS208-248/) for information about the future availability of update capability.

Matthew
  • gmander
    gmander
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-10T16:15:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Any News on the RASGNDEFs coming to the Explorer?  It has been suggested that the WUIs (Web User Interfaces) will be eliminated after TS5.1. Assuming that to be true, how will RASGNDEFs be used, created, updated, deleted if the Explorer does not have them?

Regards

G

• SatishTanna
      SatishTanna
      38 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-14T12:21:15Z  in response to gmander

I would suggest raising an RFE to enable this to be prioritized along with many other requirements for the CICS Explorer and the CICS Tools plug-ins. Note that CICS CM provides FF-BAS support today including Create, Update, Delete  for RASGNDEFs, SYSLINKs etc as well as life-cycle and change management of these. This capability is currently only available via CICS CM's ISPF interface. 

Satish