• 19 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-07T14:54:54Z by Sonia.ibm
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1569 Posts

Pinned topic Not able to deploy theme

‏2008-11-25T13:04:32Z |
Hi,

I tried deploying the theme using WAS admin console.I exported the Theme as a war file and deployed it on the Portal Server.
The context root which I gave is /wps/ThemeName.
The theme is deployed in <wp_profile_root>/installedApps/Cellname/ThemeName.ear.

The package sturcture is

wp_profile\installedApps\CellName\ThemeName.ear\ThemeName.war\themes\html\ThemeName.

When I try to get the preview of the theme, I'm getting file not found.

I'm able to access it by http://localhost:10040/wps/ThemeName/themes/html/ThemeName/preview.gif.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Manoj
Updated on 2012-11-07T14:54:54Z at 2012-11-07T14:54:54Z by Sonia.ibm
  • jwbarnes
    jwbarnes
    872 Posts

Re: Not able to deploy theme

‏2008-11-25T16:26:56Z  
    is this in 6.1? and is this using a copy of the 6.1 theme? if so there is a defect with the6.1 themes and trying to put them into a war, you need to open a PMR to get the apar it is still in test patch mode

IBM Certified System Administrator -- WebSphere Portal V6.0, V5.1, V5.0
    IBM Certified Solution Developer -- WebSphere Portal V5.1, v6.0

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2008-11-25T18:32:29Z  
    • jwbarnes
    • ‏2008-11-25T16:26:56Z
    is this in 6.1? and is this using a copy of the 6.1 theme? if so there is a defect with the6.1 themes and trying to put them into a war, you need to open a PMR to get the apar it is still in test patch mode

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
    Yes. I'm using a copy of Web 2.0 theme. I'm able to see the theme. But when I click the preview button the preview.gif file is not shown.I think it's referring to wps.ear location.

Thanks,
    Manoj
  • jwbarnes
    jwbarnes
    872 Posts

‏2008-11-25T18:34:38Z  
    Yes. I'm using a copy of Web 2.0 theme. I'm able to see the theme. But when I click the preview button the preview.gif file is not shown.I think it's referring to wps.ear location.

Thanks,
    Manoj
    did you register it via xmlaccess?

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2008-11-26T06:38:18Z  
    • jwbarnes
    • ‏2008-11-25T18:34:38Z
    did you register it via xmlaccess?

Yes, I used xml access for importing DeployThemeFromWebModule.xml file.
    I'm able to use the theme. The problem is with the preview button.

One more thing is if I copy the theme and dojo files to themes/html in wps.ear folder, I'm getting null pointer exception, like unable to load themeConfig.properties file. I've enabled automatic jsp reloading also.

Thanks,
    Manoj
  • jwbarnes
    jwbarnes
    872 Posts

‏2008-11-26T12:13:29Z  
    Yes, I used xml access for importing DeployThemeFromWebModule.xml file.
    I'm able to use the theme. The problem is with the preview button.

One more thing is if I copy the theme and dojo files to themes/html in wps.ear folder, I'm getting null pointer exception, like unable to load themeConfig.properties file. I've enabled automatic jsp reloading also.

Thanks,
    Manoj
    the themeconfig issue is a defect, and you need to call into get the patch as it is not available yet

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2008-11-26T15:14:08Z  
    • jwbarnes
    • ‏2008-11-26T12:13:29Z
    the themeconfig issue is a defect, and you need to call into get the patch as it is not available yet

themeconfig.properties issue is not there when I deploy theme using admin console. I'm getting some java script errors from ibm.js.uncompressed.js file

dojox.data.dom.removeChildren = function(/*Element*/node){
    // summary:
    // removes all children from node and returns the count of children removed.
    // The children nodes are not destroyed. Be sure to call dojo._destroyElement on them
    // after they are not used anymore.
    // node:
    // The node to remove all the children from.
    var count = node.childNodes.length;
    while(node.hasChildNodes()){
    node.removeChild(node.firstChild);
    }
    return count; // int
    }

The error is "node is null".As a result of that top navigation is not rendered. The static contents like banner,footer are shown.
    Could you please help me

Thanks,
    Manoj
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2008-11-26T17:44:54Z  
    themeconfig.properties issue is not there when I deploy theme using admin console. I'm getting some java script errors from ibm.js.uncompressed.js file

dojox.data.dom.removeChildren = function(/*Element*/node){
    // summary:
    // removes all children from node and returns the count of children removed.
    // The children nodes are not destroyed. Be sure to call dojo._destroyElement on them
    // after they are not used anymore.
    // node:
    // The node to remove all the children from.
    var count = node.childNodes.length;
    while(node.hasChildNodes()){
    node.removeChild(node.firstChild);
    }
    return count; // int
    }

The error is "node is null".As a result of that top navigation is not rendered. The static contents like banner,footer are shown.
    Could you please help me

Thanks,
    Manoj
    Hi Jim,

My friend told to create an empty folder with skin's name under Skin folder. He also had the same error and it's gone when he did it. I don't understand the logic behind it. In 6.1 the skin is included inside the theme itself.Actally what is the use of Skin folder if we are using only CSA theme?

I've uploaded the xml file which I imported. The context root that was entered while installing the theme was /TestSBTheme.

This is the web.xml file
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    id="TestSBTheme"
    version="2.4"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
    <display-name>TestSBTheme</display-name>
    </web-app>

Is it the problem with the deployment. In that case will the banner and footer shouldn't be displayed, right?
    But it is shown.
    Could you please help me.

Thanks,
    Manoj
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2008-12-16T17:09:13Z  
    • jwbarnes
    • ‏2008-11-25T16:26:56Z

Hi Jim,
    The theme was working fine now. But suddenly it showed this error again(themeConfigURl cannot be resolved). Why is that error coming? Is there any fixes available for it? If we upgrade to 6.1.0.1 will it fix this?

Thanks
  • jwbarnes
    jwbarnes
    872 Posts

‏2008-12-16T17:26:15Z  
    Hi Jim,
    The theme was working fine now. But suddenly it showed this error again(themeConfigURl cannot be resolved). Why is that error coming? Is there any fixes available for it? If we upgrade to 6.1.0.1 will it fix this?

Thanks
    there was a defect in the base theme, no it has not made it into 6101 as far as I know of, you need to call support to get the fix

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2008-12-17T13:20:18Z  
    • jwbarnes
    • ‏2008-12-16T17:26:15Z
    there was a defect in the base theme, no it has not made it into 6101 as far as I know of, you need to call support to get the fix

The problem is in places where we have <portal:logicurlFindInTheme/>. Please let me know if there are any local fixes or anyfixes you know :)
    We were not able to raise a PMR due some internal reasons.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2009-03-10T16:38:46Z  
    • jwbarnes
    • ‏2008-12-16T17:26:15Z

Hi Jim,
    Do we have a fix for this theme issue yet?

Thanks,
    Ravi
  • jwbarnes
    jwbarnes
    872 Posts

‏2009-03-10T16:56:25Z  
    Hi Jim,

Thanks,
    Ravi
    I do not know, did you call support?

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2009-03-11T05:54:10Z  
    Hi Jim,

Thanks,
    Ravi
    Hi Ravi,

Are you getting exceptions like

themeConfigURL cannot be resolved
    dojoJS cannot be resolved
    thmConfigURL cannot be resolved
    graphicJSP cannot be resolved...etc...

Thanks,
    Jishnu
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts

‏2009-11-18T12:11:46Z  
    Hi Ravi,

Are you getting exceptions like

themeConfigURL cannot be resolved
    dojoJS cannot be resolved
    thmConfigURL cannot be resolved
    graphicJSP cannot be resolved...etc...

Thanks,
    Jishnu
    I am also getting Unable to load theme configuration. though the themeConfigURI is having the correct value. themeConfig.load() is throwing exception. I tried hardcoding the entries in themeConfig.properties file by calling themeConfig.setProperty() but I still get NullPointerException....
    Any solution?
  • Sonia.ibm
    Sonia.ibm
    5 Posts

‏2012-11-05T12:42:13Z  
    I am also getting Unable to load theme configuration. though the themeConfigURI is having the correct value. themeConfig.load() is throwing exception. I tried hardcoding the entries in themeConfig.properties file by calling themeConfig.setProperty() but I still get NullPointerException....
    Any solution?
    Hi there,
    I have also created a new theme and getting the same error. I came across a post that said:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PK70008

if you upgrade you portal to version 6.1.0.6 you get rid of this problem, but I am already on version 6.1.0.6 and
    getting the same error. Any solution to this problem?

error is:
    SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: /themes/html/custom_Theme/Default.jsp. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException
  • Sonia.ibm
    Sonia.ibm
    5 Posts

‏2012-11-05T12:43:12Z  
    • Sonia.ibm
    • ‏2012-11-05T12:42:13Z
    Hi there,
    I have also created a new theme and getting the same error. I came across a post that said:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PK70008

if you upgrade you portal to version 6.1.0.6 you get rid of this problem, but I am already on version 6.1.0.6 and
    getting the same error. Any solution to this problem?

error is:
    SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: /themes/html/custom_Theme/Default.jsp. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException
    error is:

O Unable to load theme configuration /testtheme/themes/html/Custom_Theme/colors/themeConfig.properties
    11/5/12 14:31:09:468 SAST 00000030 ServletWrappe E SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: /themes/html/Custom_Theme/Default.jsp. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm._jsp._Default._jspService(_Default.java:692)
  • Sonia.ibm
    Sonia.ibm
    5 Posts

‏2012-11-06T07:00:18Z  
    • Sonia.ibm
    • ‏2012-11-05T12:43:12Z
    error is:

O Unable to load theme configuration /testtheme/themes/html/Custom_Theme/colors/themeConfig.properties
    11/5/12 14:31:09:468 SAST 00000030 ServletWrappe E SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: /themes/html/Custom_Theme/Default.jsp. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm._jsp._Default._jspService(_Default.java:692)
    Its done sorry my mistake I was doing it wrong by putting /wps/customtheme as the context root, it worked when I changed it /customtheme.

Thanks
  • Sonia.ibm
    Sonia.ibm
    5 Posts

‏2012-11-07T14:08:45Z  
    • Sonia.ibm
    • ‏2012-11-06T07:00:18Z
    Its done sorry my mistake I was doing it wrong by putting /wps/customtheme as the context root, it worked when I changed it /customtheme.

Thanks
    Hi there,
    Just a quick question I have deployed the theme and it works fine when I put the url as

http://localhost:10040/wps/portal/mypage

but the moment i remove the port number and access it through my webserver on port 80 it doesn't work I mean it doesn't pick the css and java script etc.

http://localhost.webserver.co.za/wps/portal/mypage

please if someone can help!
  • Sonia.ibm
    Sonia.ibm
    5 Posts

‏2012-11-07T14:54:54Z  
    • Sonia.ibm
    • ‏2012-11-07T14:08:45Z
    Hi there,
    Just a quick question I have deployed the theme and it works fine when I put the url as

http://localhost:10040/wps/portal/mypage

but the moment i remove the port number and access it through my webserver on port 80 it doesn't work I mean it doesn't pick the css and java script etc.

http://localhost.webserver.co.za/wps/portal/mypage

please if someone can help!
    Sorry a little more info:

I deployed in on WAS as stated in the infocenter.