Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-11-21T16:09:47Z by brittany_lazarski
brittany_lazarski
brittany_lazarski
42 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Delete link in Domino View

‏2008-11-20T19:04:21Z |
I am using a Domino V&F. In the view, I opted to show a delete column. When I click on that link in the view, it prompts me with the message "Are you sure you want to delete this document?". How can I change the text of that prompt?

Thanks!
Updated on 2008-11-21T16:09:47Z at 2008-11-21T16:09:47Z by brittany_lazarski
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    334 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Delete link in Domino View

‏2008-11-20T22:25:19Z  in response to brittany_lazarski
    Look at the fooLabelsResources variable.(where foo is the name you chose for the Name input of your DV&F builder) This variable is an xml variable. Change the <ConfirmDeleteMessage> element.

Sam
    • brittany_lazarski
      brittany_lazarski
      42 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-21T15:46:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Great, I found the variable and the element. What is the best way to change it? I thought I could do it with a variable builder, but I did not know how to get access to the element.
      • brittany_lazarski
        brittany_lazarski
        42 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-21T16:09:47Z  in response to brittany_lazarski
        Nevermind, I found the answer. I did it in a Method builder using the 2 lines below. Then I created an Event Handler builder that runs the method onWebAppLoad.

{
        IXml labelToChange = webAppAccess.getVariables().getXml("fooLabelsResource"); //where foo is unique to your DV&F name
        labelToChange.setText("ConfirmDeleteMessage", "Are you sure you want to delete this item?");
        }