Topic
  • 18 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-12-06T08:22:56Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Maximo 7.1 Installation w/WebLogic & Oracle db

‏2008-11-06T18:53:39Z |
I want to install Maximo 7.1 on a clean version of Windows XP SP2 (single server install). I want to use BEA WebLogic Server 9.2 and use an Oracle 10g database. I can't find a very helpful installation guide for this configuration. I need to know first of all if this is possible and second of all if someone could just give me a simple 1,2,3 on the steps needed to do the install.

Thanks

I can provide any other information you need.

Stephanie
Updated on 2011-12-06T08:22:56Z at 2011-12-06T08:22:56Z by SystemAdmin
  • Wild_Child
    Wild_Child
    211 Posts

Re: Maximo 7.1 Installation w/WebLogic & Oracle db

‏2008-11-07T09:20:18Z  
    Hi!

It is possible:)

First of all, don't install middleware... Just install oracle, then install maximo by reading instructions, (Don't install basic, choose advanced installation) , tell db details to installation (like tablespaces etc.), or installation process can handle these step for you. (Choose automated db configuration if you want it to handle settings). Then just install bea and deploy maximo.ear to bea...

It will work. And installation takes less time then the other methods...

Have a good day..
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-11-07T18:57:41Z  
    Hi!

First of all, don't install middleware... Just install oracle, then install maximo by reading instructions, (Don't install basic, choose advanced installation) , tell db details to installation (like tablespaces etc.), or installation process can handle these step for you. (Choose automated db configuration if you want it to handle settings). Then just install bea and deploy maximo.ear to bea...

Have a good day..
    Thanks so much. I will try that. So I don't need to install WebLogic before Maximo?
  • mvdheideNL
    mvdheideNL
    96 Posts

‏2008-11-07T19:35:33Z  
    Hi Stephanie,

I would think the prerequisite for Maximo 7 will not be XP but windows 2003 server.
    Any way. There are some advices in the install guide about manualy installing the oracle database.
    Just follow them.

About the middleware installer, i found out that you need to use the Middleware installer, just deselect evcerything because you are not using it and pretend that you will install it. It will install on the c:\program files/ibm or something which contains all the steps for the install.
    If you fail to do this, the installer will stop almost at the end.

Installing weblogic is very straitforward, probably no issues there. But i would install this first, before installing Maximo.

Good luck.

Marcel van der Heide
  • Wild_Child
    Wild_Child
    211 Posts

‏2008-11-07T20:18:03Z  
    Hi Stephanie,

I would think the prerequisite for Maximo 7 will not be XP but windows 2003 server.
    Any way. There are some advices in the install guide about manualy installing the oracle database.
    Just follow them.

About the middleware installer, i found out that you need to use the Middleware installer, just deselect evcerything because you are not using it and pretend that you will install it. It will install on the c:\program files/ibm or something which contains all the steps for the install.
    If you fail to do this, the installer will stop almost at the end.

Installing weblogic is very straitforward, probably no issues there. But i would install this first, before installing Maximo.

Good luck.

Marcel van der Heide
    Hi!

Windows 2003 is not a prerequisite for Maximo 7.1. It is a prereq for middleware. In this installation you don't have to install middleware... Just skip it. It doesn't matter the order of Weblogic and Maximo. You can install in the order you want. Weblogic installation is straightforward. Configure oracle according to the installation manual. There are some little adjustments in the guide. Then deploy maximo.ear,maximohelp.ear to weblogic and start the deployments.. In weblogic 9, deployments don't start automatically. You have to start them..

Have a good day...
  • spoirier
    spoirier
    281 Posts

‏2009-02-11T14:59:53Z  
    Hi!

Windows 2003 is not a prerequisite for Maximo 7.1. It is a prereq for middleware. In this installation you don't have to install middleware... Just skip it. It doesn't matter the order of Weblogic and Maximo. You can install in the order you want. Weblogic installation is straightforward. Configure oracle according to the installation manual. There are some little adjustments in the guide. Then deploy maximo.ear,maximohelp.ear to weblogic and start the deployments.. In weblogic 9, deployments don't start automatically. You have to start them..

Have a good day...
    Wild Child is correct but why would you want to install on Windows XP? Windows Server 2003 manages resources far better than XP.

IMHO, your setting yourself up for eventual failure if using XP.
  • bkearson
    bkearson
    6 Posts

‏2009-02-11T18:47:24Z  
    • spoirier
    • ‏2009-02-11T14:59:53Z
    Wild Child is correct but why would you want to install on Windows XP? Windows Server 2003 manages resources far better than XP.

IMHO, your setting yourself up for eventual failure if using XP.
    I agree.
    I am runing MX7, Weblogic 9.2.2 and Oracle 10g in a W2003 VMWare virtual machine on XP.
    2G Mem and on an external drive. A little slow but it is nice having the control.

I also have MX7 and Weblogic 9.2.2 running on VMWare ESX server with Oracle 10g on Linux.
    Since Base Service update 7.1.1.4 ESX is not supported.

I just followed the guide mam71_install_bea.pdf and the redbook MAXIMO 7.1 Deployment Guide.pdf.

Bill
  • bill@SRO
    bill@SRO
    39 Posts

‏2009-04-08T10:30:26Z  
    Hi!

Have a good day..
    Hi

I take it it's not very easy to do it using WebSphere then?

I know it can be done as an IBM course I went on used Websphere/Maximo 7.1 directly on XP but I have no idea how.

If anyone has any information this would be great.

Thanks

Bill
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-05-20T16:50:42Z  
    Hello All,

I am trying to install Maximo 7.1 from the launchpad but the link to install Maximo Asset Management does not respond when clicked. I have currently downloaded SQL 2005 Express and Weblogic 9.2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-07-20T01:51:26Z  
    Hello All,

I am trying to install Maximo 7.1 from the launchpad but the link to install Maximo Asset Management does not respond when clicked. I have currently downloaded SQL 2005 Express and Weblogic 9.2.

Many Thanks
    I am trying to use Launchpad to install Maximo V7.1 with WAS and DB2 bundle with middleware DVD on Windows XP SP2 or SP3. following the intruction below it's successful to install middleware, but fail to install maximo base service.
    It seems XP "remote control" is different than Windows 2003

http://maximodays.blogspot.com/2009/04/maximo7-on-xp.html

Alan Lai
  • smart_boy
    smart_boy
    40 Posts

‏2009-07-31T16:11:52Z  
    I am trying to use Launchpad to install Maximo V7.1 with WAS and DB2 bundle with middleware DVD on Windows XP SP2 or SP3. following the intruction below it's successful to install middleware, but fail to install maximo base service.
    It seems XP "remote control" is different than Windows 2003

http://maximodays.blogspot.com/2009/04/maximo7-on-xp.html

Alan Lai
    Could you please show me error what you are getting? I worked on CCMDB for almost 1.5 years. I am CCMDB/Maximo Consultant.
  • smart_boy
    smart_boy
    40 Posts

‏2009-07-31T16:13:04Z  
    Hello All,

Many Thanks
    are you using CCMDB ?
  • afable
    afable
    2 Posts

‏2009-11-04T02:21:35Z  
    Hello All,

Many Thanks
    Did You unzip DVD into a dictionary? if it's, you can copy CZ2N2ML/Install/MAM to CZ192ML dictionary, try again.
  • Balnags
    Balnags
    2 Posts

‏2010-04-02T12:01:09Z  
    Hi ,
    one small query.
    is it possible to install maximo on linux?
    if Yes,what are prerequisite?
  • Irfanm
    Irfanm
    2 Posts

‏2010-09-28T17:00:54Z  
    • Balnags
    • ‏2010-04-02T12:01:09Z
    Hi ,
    one small query.
    is it possible to install maximo on linux?
    if Yes,what are prerequisite?
    Dear All,

I Need Help in the Installation of Maximo 7 with Bea weblogic and in windows 2003 Server.

I am able to successfully bea weblogic and Proceeded with maximo 7 Installation, and using Do not automate steps and defining own parameters I reached the Database configuration Step after that I am suppose to get the Weblogic or websphere option dialog as per the Maximo Asset management Manual. but I am not getting this Step at all, After Database Configuration it takes me directly to the Websphere Host name and Soap Port Screen.

Please Help Me, Am I missing anything so that I am not getting that option of Application server type panel.

Even if I proceed with weblogic server Host URL and Port number I am struck with other parameter Input screen I finally receiving the Error in the validation.

How should I proceed Further to Install Maximo 7 with Weblogic ?
  • DontKnowMaximo
    DontKnowMaximo
    44 Posts

‏2010-09-30T08:08:44Z  
    • Irfanm
    • ‏2010-09-28T17:00:54Z
    Dear All,

I Need Help in the Installation of Maximo 7 with Bea weblogic and in windows 2003 Server.

I am able to successfully bea weblogic and Proceeded with maximo 7 Installation, and using Do not automate steps and defining own parameters I reached the Database configuration Step after that I am suppose to get the Weblogic or websphere option dialog as per the Maximo Asset management Manual. but I am not getting this Step at all, After Database Configuration it takes me directly to the Websphere Host name and Soap Port Screen.

Please Help Me, Am I missing anything so that I am not getting that option of Application server type panel.

Even if I proceed with weblogic server Host URL and Port number I am struck with other parameter Input screen I finally receiving the Error in the validation.

what part numbers you are using?
    Possible causes:
    1. Are you reinstalling maximo on that server?
    2. Have you ever failed on maximo installation on same server?
    i hope you aren't going with middleware configuration.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2010-10-01T02:36:24Z  
    • Irfanm
    • ‏2010-09-28T17:00:54Z
    Dear All,

sorry if my english are bad...

Hello Irfanm, i'm still newbie in maximo but i hope this solution can help you.
    1. when you install mam7, maximo will automatic install IBM ADE. this will help you install maximo fix pack and the other things. verify this services existing and running.
    2. go to your <MAM_HOME> default is C:\IBM\SMP, go to script folder and run "taskrunner.bat CONTINUE STOPONERROR"

that script will help you to continue installing automated installation for maximo cause you choose "do not automated" in installation GUI and you can resume last state installation if error appear after you resolved an error and continue again with task runner. but this script has a weak point i thing when you restart a machine taskrunner not to continue again.

I really sorry if my english aren't good. just try to help. good luck

regards,
    2ni
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Maximo 7.1 Installation w/WebLogic &#38; Oracle db

‏2011-11-20T21:55:45Z  
    Hi Every One,

I am new to MAXIMO 7.1 and I am trying to install MAximo 7.1 with Bea and Oracle 10G database. I am confused while I gone through the IBM installation guide. I am instlling MAXIMO 7.1 in a new server machine with OS Windows Server 2008 R2 standard.
    Please guide me what are the main steps or prerequisites that I need to take care before I go for the installation.
    To install Maximo, first I need to install Oracle 10g? I would like to know the sequence of steps.

Please help me.

Thanks
    Anand Althi
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Maximo 7.1 Installation w/WebLogic &#38; Oracle db

‏2011-12-06T08:22:56Z  
    Hi Every One,

I am new to MAXIMO 7.1 and I am trying to install MAximo 7.1 with Bea and Oracle 10G database. I am confused while I gone through the IBM installation guide. I am instlling MAXIMO 7.1 in a new server machine with OS Windows Server 2008 R2 standard.
    Please guide me what are the main steps or prerequisites that I need to take care before I go for the installation.
    To install Maximo, first I need to install Oracle 10g? I would like to know the sequence of steps.

Please help me.

Thanks
    Anand Althi
    Dear Anand,

you want to install Maximo 7.1 using WebLogic Server.

the step is :
    1. Install WebLogic
    2. Install Database
    3. Install Maximo 7.1

refer to the documentation installing Guide for BEA (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.mam.doc_7.1/pdf/mam71_install_bea.pdf)
    and find a keyword "Manual Middleware Configuration"
    Regards,
    2ni