Topic
224 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-09-12T15:43:44Z by EshVid
streetglide
streetglide
81 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issues and comment for the ITIM Adapter Development Tool

‏2008-11-04T19:03:17Z |
This thread is for questions and comments regarding the ADT tool. I will be watching the thread and will reply as needed.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/portal/opal/details?catalog.label=1TW10IM0H

Cheers,
Dave Saucier
Updated on 2013-03-26T17:06:00Z at 2013-03-26T17:06:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issues and comment for the ITIM Adapter Development Tool

‏2009-01-07T04:25:07Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi Dave,
    I am trying to develop a custom agent for TIM4.6. using ADT 2.1 The managed system is a database with a table for users, table for roles and a table for Users and Roles. I was able to create an adapter that manages the users only but do not know exactly how to handle the supportive data ( role membership ). The video training sessions for ADT are great but they do not explain how to manage supportive data. Can you point me to some more training materials or exaples.
    My e-mail is: radavd@yahoo.com
    Thank you in advance.

Rado
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-08T14:12:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Rado,

There are two parts to supporting data processing. Using a group as an example, the user can have multiple groups assigned to them. You would need to determine which groups the user is a member of and return them in the same work entry as the rest of the user's attributes.

These second part is retrieving the list of groups available to assign the person in ITIM. You would do this in the recon assembly line by adding a second iterator connector that returns the groups information.

As far as training goes, what you are asking is not really an ADT issue, it is an Adapter development issue. We do have an adapter development course that is available. I would suggest taking that course since it covers creating an adapter with group support and uses ADT as part of the class.

Cheers,
      Dave
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-14T14:19:26Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi Dave,
        Thanks for your advice but I don't have the luxury to take a 2 - 3 days course. If it was an on-line course I would have consider. Do you have a working example of the scenario I described? The LDAP adaptor is very similar but it is build with a lot of custom java classes and scripts so it does not really work for me.
        Thanks,
        Rado
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-27T15:23:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Rado,

I don't have any specific examples that I can give you right now. What you would do is to add another connector in the recon assembly line that is in the "iterate" mode. This connector would retrieve all of the supporting data (such as list of groups) and return it to itim in the work entry just the same as the people. Of course the objectclass would be the groups objectclass not the person objectclass. Each iterator is handled as a separate set of data so if you have several sets of supporting data you would define an objectclass for each and add an iterator connector to retrieve each. The work entry will be reset for each different set of data that is being iterated on so they actually run as completely separate loops. Just make sure you return the data to ITIM using the objectclass that corresponds to the supporting data you are returning. The output map must have an objectclass attribute and a $dn attribute. The $dn would be set to something like "erMyGroupName=" + work.getString("dbGroupName") where dbGroupName is the attribute you retrieved from the endpoint that contains the group name.

Cheers,
          Dave
        • faustin
          faustin
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-13T11:37:44Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          In relation to group managment in adapter:

Documentation release notes said:
          1. Added support for the new ITIM 5.1 features. Most notably:
          • Support for group management
          • Support for Group Form definition
          • New Operations for groups
          • Added ability to define attributes requiring an index

Do you have some examples to manage group in adapter. I have a project which we build customized adapter to integrate ITIM application with application based in Oracle using store procedures.
          Could you share more specific information about this topic?
          Thanks in advance
          • streetglide
            streetglide
            81 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-18T13:22:37Z  in response to faustin
            Greetings,

The update for ADT 5.1.2 whcih supports TDI 7.0 is now available on OPAL. There is a version for Linux and Windows. Please note that this version only supports TDI 7.0, NOT TDI 7.1 or TDI 6.1.1

Please post any issues you may have regarding this release so others may also have the benefit of your experience.

I hope to be able to get an update for TDI 7.1 sometime soon.

Cheers,
            Dave
            • Kenbab
              Kenbab
              5 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-19T08:29:38Z  in response to streetglide
              I've been playing around with ADT 5.1.2 for a couple of hours now and things are looking good.

I have come across one problem though.

When I set up a conncetor which can use a parser and then assign a parser of the XSLbasedXMLparser type the configpane for the parser turns grey with no further configuration options showing. I tried the same with a couple of the other parsers and it seems I only get this with the XSLbasedXMLparser parser.

When doubleclicking the parser in the project overview I get a java.lang.NullPointerException. Nothing further is beging logged in the logfile.
              • Kenbab
                Kenbab
                5 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-19T13:23:12Z  in response to Kenbab
                In addition to my previously mentioned problem with the XMLbasedXMLparser parser it seems that the parser configuration for a parser isn't really saved when I save and close the dialogue. Come to think of it I actually experienced the same behavior using ADT 5.1. Is this a known issue or is this just me having a problem with my setup?

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Kenneth
                • Ronivon
                  Ronivon
                  2 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-29T15:00:09Z  in response to Kenbab
                  Hi,
                  I have noticed the parser issue also, with xmlsaxparser, csv and others.
                  Also, if you try to copy some text from the clipboard and paste in one of the parser's field, a exceptions is trownup.

Data are never saved for this properties.

Regards.
                  Roni
                  • streetglide
                    streetglide
                    81 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-29T15:12:11Z  in response to Ronivon
                    I will look into the parser issues as soon as possible. I am attaching a new jar file to replace the one in the plugins dir. THis fixes a few issues that were identified against the 5.1.2 build. This applies only to the 5.1.2 release.

1. Specifically, the test .cmd files did not contain the TDI home path
                    2. In attribute map components the "Use Script" button was not being saved.

Dave
                  • streetglide
                    streetglide
                    81 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-11-05T15:02:35Z  in response to Ronivon
                    Folks,

I have fixed the parser issues (hopefully). I submitted a new version to OPAL with the latest fixes. It is version 5.1.2.2. I will let you know when I see it there or you can check yourself. I am going to try to attach the ADT plugin jar here that you can use to replace you 5.1.2 version with. Last time I tried to attach a file it did not work but I will try again.

Cheers,
                    Dave
                    • streetglide
                      streetglide
                      81 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-11-10T14:50:17Z  in response to streetglide
                      Greetings,

Version 5.1.2.2 is now available on OPAL. Please use this version if you are working with TDI 7.0.

Thanks,
                      Dave
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              233 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-11-28T06:41:22Z  in response to streetglide
              Hi Dave

I have installed ADT5.1 on a Windows7 (64bit) with a running TDI7.0.

When launching ADT I get the error you see in the attachment.

Also, the log file says the following:
              !SESSION 2010-11-28 08:34:21.220
              eclipse.buildId=unknown
              java.version=1.6.0_20
              java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
              BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
              Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-11-28 08:34:24.793
              !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.ibm.itim.tools.adt (139).
              !STACK 0
              org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.Activator for bundle com.ibm.itim.tools.adt is invalid
              at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:157)
              at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
              at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)

Is this something that can be fixed?
              Thanks in advance
              Demetris.
              • streetglide
                streetglide
                81 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-01T13:43:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Demetris,

To this point I have not supported ADT on Windows 7 (or any 64 bit OS). I have ordered a copy of Windows 7 and should have it soon. I will try to get a supported version of ADT for both Windows 7 and Linux 64 bit.

Also, you said version 5.1. I assume you mean 5.1.2.2 (or at least 5.1.2) since you are using TDI 7.

Cheers,
                Dave
              • Kenbab
                Kenbab
                5 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-27T10:08:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                This might be a bit late but I just thought I should add that I've been running ADT 5.1.2 and 5.1.2.2 with no problems on my Windows 7 64bit installation.

I'm using the 64bit version of TDI 7.0 with fixpack 3 applied. (IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator Identity Edition V7.0 for Windows - x86-64 Multilingual)

• Kenneth
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  233 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-28T16:04:14Z  in response to Kenbab
                  Hi,
                  Yes, you are correct! I have installed ADT 5.1.2.2 and this works fine on my win7 64bit with TDI7.

I understand that I can use ADT 5.1 to develop a 5.0 adapter just by making sure that Ι don't add any of the 5.1 features such as Group management.

On the other hand, If i decide to upgrade my TIM installation from TIM5 to TIM5.1, should I change anything in the development of my TIM5 ADT adapters? Or, I just have to upgrade TDI from 6.1 to TDI7?

Thanks!
                  Demetris
                  • streetglide
                    streetglide
                    81 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-28T18:00:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                    Demetris,

If you develop the adapter for ITIM5 using TDI 6.1.1 and you upgrade to ITIM 5.1 with TDI 7, you do not have to upgrade the adapter. The TDI 6.1.1 adapters will work with TDI 7. If you develop it with TDI 7 (i.e. 5.1.2.2 of ADT) then you will have to run it in an ITIM that has TDI 7. TDI 7 adapters will not work on a TDI 6.1.1 install. However, this is separate from ITIM 5/5.1 requirements. An ITIM 5 adapter will work just fine in ITIM 5.1 (assuming the above TDI constraints). You will only need to change it if there is something new in 5.1 that you want to use.
                    Dave
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      233 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-01-02T15:57:24Z  in response to streetglide
                      Hi Dave,
                      That's clear!
                      Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

ADT - Specify Parameters

‏2009-01-27T00:49:49Z  in response to streetglide
    try this agin, sorry,
    On the ITIM Profile ui, the Parameters (Specify Parameters that must be provided with a request) tab I have listed items that were in an original TDI event handler solution, then when I get down to the Supported Requests, say Create New Account, Key Attributes , I can not pull up any of the Parameters specified above. So does this mean that on the Service Attributes I need to add the other items ? If not there then maybe on the Account Attributes ? I need more items transmitted to each Supported Request. How is this done?
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ADT - Specify Parameters

‏2009-01-27T15:14:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Steve,

The RMI framework provides two ways to pass parameters from ITIM to the adapter. Where you want to use the data in the adapter determines which method you would use.

First, there are parameters that may be passed from ITIM that are going to be used by the AssemblyLine processing. These parameters are refered to in the service.def as "dispatcher parameters". In ADT I refer to them as Request Parameters. These parameters are available to the assembly line via the Task Call Block (TCB) in TDI. ADT provides a simple way of accessing these parameters. The parameters are stored in a global variable that has the same name as the parameter but is prefixed with a lowercase "g". For example, if you define a parameter that is called "MyCustomParam", it can be referenced in the assemblylines as "gMyCustomParam". This global variable is created in the PrologInit hook of each assembly line. ADT retrieves the data from the TCB and stored it for you. You can see this by looking at the hooks in the Request Editor. These parameters are configured in the project/profile editor and can be inherited by any of the requests. These are what you described in your post. The parameters can be configured to pass data from the ITIM service form or by hard coding the value. Again, you would use these parameters if you need to have the value available as a javascript variable so you can access it in scripting.

Secondly, there are parameters that can be passed directly to a connector. The service.def file allows you to specify that you want to pass the value of a service attribute directly to a connector parameter. In ADT, you can configure these by first defining a service objectclass attribute to hold the value in ITIM. You would typically make this attribute available on the service form so that the ITIM administrator can configure it on the service. You then go to the parameters tab on either the project level connector or on a specific connector in an assembly line and click on the label for the parameter you would like to set via this service attribute. You will get a popup dialog that allows you to specify a service attribute to map to the connector parameter. This is a good way to set connector parameters such as URL, User ID or password that differ from one target platform to the next.

Both parameter types can be set defined at a global level and inherited by an assembly line. By defining the Request parameters in the project/profile editor, you can inherit them in the individual requests and not have to edit them in every request. The project connector provides an easy way to define common connector configuration in one place. The various requests that are using the same type of connector can then inherit the connector configuration as needed. The project connector parameters tab is where you would typically define the connector parameter mapping and then just inherit it in the various request connectors.

Hopefully this makes it a bit more clear. The bottom line is you can pass all the data you want to an assembly line. Rather than using properties files to configure connector parameters you can no set them from a service form in ITIM.

Cheers,
      Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-27T21:48:31Z  in response to streetglide
    So I have exported my profile and have the jar to Import via ITIM 4.6 UI, once I do this and find an issue with a variable, label, default value or missing required item how do I back out the entire thing from ITIM? What are the steps and impact to LDAP ? On ITIM 4.5 I recall a script in a remote resources directory or is that way old?
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-27T22:14:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      You can re-import right over the top of the current one. It should update the profile components as required.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-28T16:07:28Z  in response to streetglide
    Two more questions:
    1. To get the value from the 'dispatcher parameters' in the assembly line you say to look at the variable with a prefix of "g". So is the syntax of
    ret.value = gNDSRSOpassword; be correct or would it be the typical ret.value = work.getString("gNDSRSOpassword");

2. In my exported schema.dsml there are items which have "<attribute ref="erURL" required="false"></attribute>" but I feel that this attribute must be required. So in ADT is there something that I missed where all the attributes can be controlled and set to Required OR do I have to modify the Exported files prior to the Import to ITIM.
    Thanks
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-28T16:25:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      1. The dispatcher parameters are stored into a Javascript variable not the work entry. So, yes you would use:
      ret.value = gNDSRSOpassword; You can see where these variables are set if you look in the prolog init hook in the request editor (not the connector hooks, the assemblyline hooks).

2. No you should never have to edit the exported files manually. If you go to the account or service objectclass definition and click on an attribute you will see a checkbox to define if the attribute is required for the objectclass. Since attributes can be reused in multiple objectclasses, the required constraint is part of the objectclass and not specific to an attribute definition.

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-01T01:10:08Z  in response to streetglide
    The IBM Tivoli Identity Manager, Version 4.6 Custom Adapter
    Developer’s Guide says that the dispatcher defines
    ITDIAdapterException as a comm vehicle for exceptions back to ITIM.
    Does anyone have a sample of how to move from old Event Handler to new RMI:
    system.throwException("Some really meaningful info " + work.getString
    ("myName") +" - Remove User Failed");

to something that will sit inside the RETURN entry for the Dispatcher
    And then I am assuming it would be REASON_MESSAGE ?? Need to add this to script inside ADT hooks at certain points. Is this documented in ADT someplace? Or just need more on error handling and communications back to ITIM
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-02T14:27:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Ok, I found the Adalpter Global Script and think I see what is going on in there. I assume I would alter "function processError()" to pass a string for additional info , correct ?
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-02T14:53:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        One thing you could do is to create a new project in ADT (with the same connector type) and look at the stuff that the ADT adds to the hooks for error processing. But yes, the Adapter Global Script has some functions for handling errors. The "error" object in TDI contains the type of error and the function will convert the error type if possible into a return code and message. Basically, what ITIM expects is a work entry that contains a property set on it for the return code and a property for the reason message. In addition, any attributes included in the work entry at the end of the processing are returned to ITIM as attributes that contain errors. So if you had a multivalued attribute (like groups) that you had a problem with one or more values, you could set that attribute on the workentry and include the values that were a problem. That way ITIM can display to the user that certain values had problems. Of course this does not apply to Recon since in recon the attributes in the work entry are the actual account attributes. You can also use the TDI exception to throw exceptions of your own if you like. There is vector you can set that contains additional error messages. You should be able to see that in processError().

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-04T17:11:58Z  in response to streetglide
    In ADT the Create New Account - Supported Request for a LDAP connector generates code in the On Add - Override Add , this causes a problem , for me, and I have to disable the Hook script as soon as I get it into TDI for stand alone testing. The generated script that I hit is:
    task.logmsg("ERROR","User Entry not found");

var e = new Packages.com.ibm.di.exception.ITDIAgentException(work.getString("entryDN") + ": Not Found in managed resource");
    e.setEntry(work);
    throw e;
    So I must disable the hook script. So why is this enabled ?
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-04T17:22:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      ADT does not generate that hook code in the "Add" request. It only should be generating that code in the Modify request. That is because if you are doing a modify on an account that ITIM believes you have, you should not create it if it does not exist. That should be done via reconcile. If you choose to use the update mode connector for both add and modify requests than you must adjust your logic as required.

Also, keep in mind that the hooks generated by ADT are just defaults that cover most situations. If you want to remove the hook scripts or disable them you can do that in ADT. You don't need to wait till it is in TDI to do that. Also, under the options menu you can edit the default hook scripts for use in future projects (but the changes won't affect your current project)

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-04T17:18:54Z  in response to streetglide
    ADT , for an LDAP Create New Account, generates the script:
    task.logmsg("DEBUG","Update OK Hook");
    work.removeAllAttributes();
    work.setProperty(Packages.com.ibm.di.dispatcher.Defs.STATUSCODE, new Packages.java.lang.Integer(
    Packages.com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.provider.Status.SUCCESSFUL));

in the Update Successfully hook. I can now add the person to the target LDAP but get and error from within this hook that says:
    11:41:39 Add CTGDIS181E Error while evaluating single attribute map Add.update_ok.
    com.ibm.jscript.InterpretException: Script interpreter error, line=5, col=89
    Cannot convert JavaPackageObject to java.lang.String
    at com.ibm.jscript.types.JavaPackageObject

Why would I be getting this error?
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-04T17:29:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Are you sure you have the RMI Dispatcher installed into the copy of TDI that you are running the test in?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-04T18:25:41Z  in response to streetglide
        working off my laptop and almost always use RHEL for TDI serious development but that would mean moving the files to RHEL each time. I can try the sftp and test it out. How do I determine if the RMI dispatcher is unstalled and running?
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-04T19:59:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          You have to install the RMI dispatcher manually. It comes with all of the Out-of-the-box adapters like LDAP, Posix etc. You can also check with support. It has a setup.exe on windows. Not sure how it installs on Linux. In any case, it adds some jars to your TDI install area that contain the RMI Dispatcher java classes.

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-11T14:59:21Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi Dave,

since you have published ADT I'm working with it and it makes work a lot easier!

If possible I would like to see some additional features:

1) In my actual development it is necessary to change the 'Initialize Options' of an connector. Although ADT offers this option it does not work. Is this a bug? (The workaround is: myConnector.setInitializeOption(1) in the prolog)

2) Building a simple search criteria is limited to ITIM/platform attributes. If you need other values you have to write a script (which is sometimes hard to find the right syntax).

3) When specifying a map entry I miss the native TDI option 'expression'.

4) The latest rmi dispatcher gives the opportunity to add 'concurrency control', but to specify 'MaxConnectionCnt' you have to edit service.def. It would be very nice to have control over such lines in ADT.

What do you think about this ?

Regards
    Bernhard
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-11T16:41:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Bernard,

Thanks for your input. Here are my responses:

FYI - I am currently working on version 3.1.

1. This was a bug that I was not aware of. I fixed it and it will be available in 3.1.

2. I added the ability to edit the attribute names in the simple mapping dialog. So you can now select an attribute or enter an attribute name. (3.1)

3. I will be adding a field for expressions in the attribute map in 3.1

4. I will be adding the ability to set additional properties such as the one you mentioned. I have already added one new property that allows you to disable requiring passwords on restore. These will all be in the project editor (probably the overview screen)

Also,

A much requested feature has been added to 3.1. A full form editor so you can create the service and account forms in ADT. It will also support import from the profile directory.

If you or anyone else has requests for additional features, now would be the time or you will have to wait till 4.0 which will be done to support TDI 7 later in the year.

Cheers,
      Dave
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-11T16:58:40Z  in response to streetglide
        Bernard,

After looking closer at the new parameters, I realized that these are not properties but dispatcher parameters. As such, you can already add these in adt. All you have to do is go to the project parameters tab (or the parameters tab for a specific assembly line if you are not inheriting) and enter the parameter. These parameters are in fact dispatcher parameters in service.def

Dave
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          233 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-11T19:12:22Z  in response to streetglide
          Yes, your are right!
          Thanks for the advise.

Bernhard
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-11T19:27:01Z  in response to streetglide
        Dave,

there is one more feature that would be great:

Using filters in reconciliation requests is always a problem. Translating a filter specified in TIM directly for the use in the connectors highly depends on the type of the connectors and is sometimes impossible.

So the only chance is to implement a functionality like in all 'standard' adapters: read all entries and apply the filter before sending back the result. Is it possible to develop such a function and add it to the 'Global Script' ? I have no quick idea how to apply a LDAP filter (the syntax specified in TIM) to an TDI entry. I know that this is not a native ADT problem, but perhaps you have an idea.

Regards
        Bernhard
        • naiduk
          naiduk
          9 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-15T12:39:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi,

Can any one explain how modify operation work?

I created small custom adapter using ADT for some reason update is not working , basically attributes are updating in target system but not into account, what might be the reasong?

Regards,
          Naidu.
          • streetglide
            streetglide
            81 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-15T15:14:22Z  in response to naiduk
            Naidu,
            It impossible to help you without more information. Can you post the adt project file or email it to me at dsaucier57@gmail.com.

Thanks,
            Dave
            • naiduk
              naiduk
              9 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-15T16:23:28Z  in response to streetglide
              Hi Dave ,

I sent both adapter and logs to your mail id.

Regards,
              Naidu
              • naiduk
                naiduk
                9 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-16T16:40:50Z  in response to naiduk
                Hi Dave ,

Can you please help me on this issue?

Regards,
                Naidu
                • streetglide
                  streetglide
                  81 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-17T14:57:29Z  in response to naiduk
                  Naidu,

I am sorry but I do not fully understand the issue. Perhaps it is a language barrior:

" it i supdating attributes in both target system and also account attributes but if some i am trying to update any attribute which is not having any value in target system then i am getting error."

Can you please elaborate on the actual error.
                  • naiduk
                    naiduk
                    9 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-17T16:29:12Z  in response to streetglide
                    Hi Dave,

Problem is resolved.
                  • naiduk
                    naiduk
                    9 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-17T16:29:19Z  in response to streetglide
                    Hi Dave,

Problem is fixed.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-17T18:02:40Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi Dave,

When I generate a new adapter using ADT and dwe specify a list of custom attributes as part of the Account Attributes, then do an Export, the ADT tool creates the assembly lines and includes the custom attributes in the "Input attributeS" mapping of the TDI AL (You can see this by editing the created AL's using TDI and going to Operations->Default->Input attributes), this is all good.

The issue I found is that if you modify the Account attributes later to include a new custom attribute, and then re-export the AL's, the mapping in the "Input attributes" section is not updated to include the new attributes. I've overcome this by manually editing the AL's and updating the mapping.

I don't know If I'm missing something or if this is actually an issue in ADT, and if it's an issue it would be nice to see it fixed in the next version.

Thanks,
        Enio
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-17T18:31:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Enio,

What version of ADT are you using?
          • naiduk
            naiduk
            9 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-19T18:27:18Z  in response to streetglide
            when is next version ie 3.1 is going to release?
            • streetglide
              streetglide
              81 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-19T19:11:04Z  in response to naiduk
              I am currently working on the 3.1 release. I am adding a form editor as well as a few other minor features. I hope to have it ready before the end of the quarter if my schedule permits.

Dave
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            233 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-24T16:06:09Z  in response to streetglide
            Dave,

This was with version 2.1 of ADT.

P.S.: Do you have any updates on when will the new release (3.1) be posted in OPAL?
            • streetglide
              streetglide
              81 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-24T16:13:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              All,

I have submitted 3.1 to be updated on OPAL. I'm not sure how long it takes them. I submitted it yesterday. I would hope it will be on the OPAL site within a few days to a week.

Dave
  • streetglide
    streetglide
    81 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-06T18:23:11Z  in response to streetglide
    To all ADT Users:

I have completed development of the next version of ADT (3.1). Once we get the appropriate licenses to packages with it, we will place it on OPAL. Here is a summary of the new features/changes:

Most Notable Changes and Additions

1. Added a full form editor for defining service and account forms. This feature supports import and export of an ITIM form. If changes are made in ITIM they can be cut and pasted into the file in the profile directory and then may be imported into the project using the import feature. Some features of the form editor are limited since ADT does not have direct access to ITIM. Lists of Objectclasses and attributes in the search widgets are not provided but manual entry is allowed. It is up to the developer to ensure the attribute names are valid.

2. Added Support for running ADT on Linux.

3. Changed the Installer to InstallAnywhere

Additional Changes

1. Added ability to specify if passwords should be required on restore account. This option is on the Project/Profile editor overview screen.
    2. Added a button to allow you to import existing attributes in the objectclass editor (Account, Service and Support)
    3. Changed the Search Criteria Attributes dialog to allow manual entry of an attribute name in addition to selecting from the ITIM Attributes
    4. Added minimal support for Expressions. A text field was added to the Attribute Map page to allow entering an expression. Additional changes are being made to support TDI 7 in the next ADT release.
    5. Fixed defect where the Connector initialize option was not being saved
    6. Added an import existing attributes option to the New Project Wizard attributes pages.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-12T16:20:32Z  in response to streetglide
    I have created a jar file from ADT for ITIM 4.6. The import works ok and I can see what I expect in LDAP. We have one RMI based adapter which is working and was created by hand. On the Add of the (new) Service , logging in as ITIM Manager, I get a pop up window that says I "You are not authorized to perform this operation". I can go to the existing RMI based Service and create a brand new one. Looking at what ADT created for service.def schea.def and contents of the Profile and Account I seeone difference in teh existing working and what I imported as the ADT product. That is the hand generate one has erprotocolmappings: com.ibm.itim.itdi.properties.RMI_URL=....etc
    So I go back to ADT and see what I screwed up or is ADT missing something ? Where do I look ?
    Steve
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-12T16:43:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      The RMI URL must point to the TDI server that is to process the request. There is a default value specified (I think it is rmi://localhost:16231). You can change this default value in the project editor overview page. Additionally, if you add the itdiurl attribute to the service form in the ITIM form editor you can modify this value in the service form. Make sure that the TDI server being pointed to has the RMI dispatcher installed.

Dave
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-12T17:12:43Z  in response to streetglide
        eritdiurl is in the Service tab and it is in the Service Form tab and it ends up in the xml file SomethingService.xml. In addition it is listed in the schema.dsml but does not have the required set to True, is this right ? service.def also has eritdiurl in there.
        It seems to be a [permissions thing with ITIM and LDAP , I can not create the service, is there a flag or owner that is incorrect ?
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-12T17:53:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          The TDI URL that is in service.def is the default value that you enter on the project overview screen. If there is no value set in the ertdiurl attribute then ITIM will use that. That is why it is optional rather than required. This way you can hide it from the ITIM service screen and have it just use the default.

The problem you are seeing sounds like some type of ITIM communication error. I would open a PMR on it. It is not ADT related.

Dave
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            233 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-12T18:17:50Z  in response to streetglide
            Thanks, PMR has been open but still waiting on those folks, thought I would chase down any possible ADT issue that I may have over looked, thanks again
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-13T15:06:52Z  in response to streetglide
    I have gotten my jar to import and am able to create a service. Now one of the custom attributes is a password for a downstream target. On the Service Form how do I specify that this should be a displayed as a password and not plain text? I can not have the downstream LDAP root password displayed. Thanks
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-13T16:38:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Just open the service form in the ITIM Form Editor and change the attribute type to Password
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-26T19:24:21Z  in response to streetglide
    I had a working solution , Import, Service and Policy creation that was a straight output of ADT. I opened the afproject.xml, added 2 Custom Attributes, future expansion, and did the import. I get an error on import. The WAS trace.log has :
    <ProductInstance>itimServer3</ProductInstance>
    <LogText><![CDATA[http://XslWrapper.process II] error processing enrole.xsl]></LogText>
    <Source FileName="com.ibm.itim.webclient.util.XslWrapper" Method=""/>
    <Thread>Servlet.Engine.Transports : 0</Thread>
    <Exception><![CDATA[; Line#: -1; Column#: -1
    javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Premature end of file.
    at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.fatalError(

Looking at the jar that was just created, 29KB, and the jar that was working and is tucked away in a safe place, 34KB. So the jar that is being created from the same afproject is suddenly shorter. I have checked the Generate Default Account & Service Form in the Export. What did on I miss on the latest Export or what should I look for ? I am now comparing the old xml files to new one by one but need to get ADT to produce the right file and have ITIM accept it. Thanks
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-26T19:34:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      What is in the ITIM Trace log? The messages you show do not mean anything to me. Also, how did you define the forms that worked? Did you edit them in ITIM and paste them back into the files in the profile dir?

Also, the ADT 3.1 version should be on OPAL in the next few days. It will allow you to import, edit and export ITIM forms using ADT.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-26T19:53:25Z  in response to streetglide
        Sorry, I usually monitor the ITIM system on an import to watch for errors. Anyway I am comparing each output file now. I did not edit anything in ITIM and I did not paste anything back into any files manually. I thought it would be a simple addition of some Custom attributes with some default / manual values. Will let you know, thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-26T20:36:55Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi Dave,

I'm creating a new custom adapter using ADT. This particular adapter is for an application that relies on TAM authentication, so it does not require a password for the accounts, all we have to do is create an entry in a table in a database.

How can I get TIM to not prompt for a password when creating a new account?

I tried to remove the erpassword from the Account attributes, but ADT won't let me remove it, it says "This is a mandatory attribute and cannot be removed".

Thanks!
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-27T00:39:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      In ITIM 5, to disable the password prompt you must add the following property to the service.def file. In ADT 3.1 which should be on OPAL by this Tuesday or Wednesday, there is a checkbox on the project editor overview page. Until then you can set it manually:

<properties>
      <property name="com.ibm.itim.itdi.properties.RMI_URL" source="erITDIURL">
      <value>rmi://localhost:16231/ITDIDispatcher</value>
      </property>
      <property name="ProfileVersion">
      <value>1.0</value>
      </property>
      <property name="AdapterCategory">
      <value>System</value>
      </property>
      <property name="com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.ResourceProperties.PASSWORD_NOT_REQUIRED_ON_RESTORE">
      <value>true</value>
      </property>
      </properties>
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-30T16:30:08Z  in response to streetglide
    I was looking for 3.1 , how do I get to the OPAL site? Can you post a link? Thanks
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-30T16:37:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      http://www-01.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/portal/opal/details?catalog.label=1TW10IM0H

The version does not show up on the main page but if you go to the downloads it is there. I will have them update the main page to show the release notes from the new version.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-30T17:47:29Z  in response to streetglide
    I downloaded and installed ADT 3.1 for Windows. Created a new test adapter, Then I tried to export the profile but when clicking the "Export" button nothing seems to happen. Then I checked the Profile folder was created with the CreateNewAccount.xml AL, but nothing else.
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-30T17:54:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I am looking into the issue now. I would suggest anyone else holding off till I see what is happening

Thanks,
      Dave
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-30T19:36:41Z  in response to streetglide
        I found the issue. TDI is expecting a jlog property to be set. I added the required property setting and it works fine. I will do some more testing and resubmit it to OPAL hopefully by tomorrow. This was because of a small change I made to make ADT compatable with TDI 7.

Sorry for the delay

Dave
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          233 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-30T19:55:02Z  in response to streetglide
          Thanks Dave. Please let us know when the updated version is available in OPAL.
          • naiduk
            naiduk
            9 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-31T18:21:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            new version of ADT 3.1 is not working in vista.
            • streetglide
              streetglide
              81 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-31T18:44:21Z  in response to naiduk
              Not sure what "not working" means. In any case, I have fixed the previous issue and submitted a new version to OPAL. The new files will be named "adtinst31.bin" and "adtinst31.exe". When you see the new versions you can download them. Please delete the "adtinst" version if you downloaded it. Sorry for the trouble.

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-02T17:45:33Z  in response to streetglide
    On my laptop, in TDI, I can have a LDAP connector with SSL enabled and discover schema, drag and drop attributes. Now with ADT, enable SSL on the parameters tab and then from Output Schema tab, Query Schema button there is no connection. Is there something in some directory of C:\Program Files\ITIMAdapterDevTool2.1 that must be altered ?
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-03T17:25:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      All,

ADT has been updated on OPAL. It should be there in the download section as adtinst31.exe/bin. I don't know why they never updated the text.
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-09T14:43:40Z  in response to streetglide
        All,

I found an issue with import that can corrupt your ADT project in the 3.1 version. It has to do with the new forms processing. The following is a workaround:

When exporting your project, make sure you export the forms at least once. If there are no service or account forms defined the import will fail.

I fixed this and it will be available in the next release.

Cheers,
        Dave
        • naiduk
          naiduk
          9 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-12T13:15:00Z  in response to streetglide
          Hi,

Unable to run ADT 3.1 in vista OS , attached contain the log generated while starting ADT.

-Poorna

Attachments

• streetglide
            streetglide
            81 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-12T14:52:31Z  in response to naiduk
            ADT 3.1 requires TDI version 6.1.1.

Windows Vista is not listed as a supported platform for TDI 6.1.1

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_6.1.1/welcome.htm
            • gverma
              gverma
              232 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

Mixed case attribute names don't work in forms

‏2009-04-21T15:41:37Z  in response to streetglide
              I found that if I create custom attributes with names in mixed case and place them on service or account forms, the forms don't work in ITIM after the adapter profile is imported into ITIM. The attribute names have to be changed to all lowercase in the form definition so that ITIM recognizes them. I changed the attribute names to lower case in the project xml's form definition portion and re imported into ITIM and the forms were recognized OK.

Girish.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                233 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Mixed case attribute names don't work in forms

‏2009-11-29T05:51:33Z  in response to gverma
                I experienced the same but not just with custom attributes but also for a ITIM standard attribute which is commonly used on service forms that is: erPrerequisite. I hope this will be fixed someday in the future releases.

Relating to this, I've heard from my colleague that ADT's default preference is anticipated to include: description, owner, erPrerequisite attributes because these are frequently used in GA adapter and equally useful for custom adapter.

Katsu.Hirayama
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-05-12T15:34:01Z  in response to streetglide
    I see there is a adtinst31.bin out there to download and assume that I could run it into a RHEL system, which has TDI V6.1.1. I get it over there and do a ./adtinst31.bin and it complains about : Preparing to install...
    Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
    Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
    No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH
    environment variable. You must install a VM prior to
    running this program.
    So I had done export JAVA_HOME= and JAVADIR= and point it at the java that I think TDI is using. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-05-12T15:43:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      The installanywhere app needs access to java. You can set /usr/bin/java to point to a valid 1.5 or greater JVM. I usually do a "ln -s my path to java java". If you can't type "java -version" on the command line and have it return a 1.5 jvm then it won't run.

Dave
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-12T14:29:42Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi Girish,

This looks disturbing to have to switch from one tool to another (ADT/ITDI) when developing adapters.
        With TDI 7, do you intend to somehow give the ability to integrate ADT to ITDI, like an ITDI "plugin"?
        If not, will it be possible to make ADT managing more than one connector per operation?
        We also noticed some problems with ITDI connectors inheritance when switching from ADT to ITDI.

Thank you.

Regards,
        Vanik
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-12T15:11:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Vanik,

ADT was not intended as a full replacement for TDI. The inheritance mechanism in ADT does not correspond to TDI directly. In ADT, you can define a project connector so that you don't have to make some of the common configuration in multiple places. It has been requested that we support multiple library type connectors but that is not yet on the roadmap. The way the project connector works in relation to TDI is as follows:

The project connector configuration in ADT is "copied" to the inheriting connectors whenever you save it's changes in ADT. Unlike TDI, this is not a reference (pointer) back the project connector. It is an actual full copy. When the adapter is exported, a library connector is created in TDI for the project connector. However, the connectors in the AL that inherited the project connector do not inherit from the library connector. The only reason I put it in the library was so that if you are troubleshooting in TDI you can add it to an AL if needed.

When a project is imported into ADT from TDI, ADT "walks" back through any inheritance that may exist with the library and creates a connector that represents the leaf configuration for the hierarchy. In other words, it combines all of the inheritance into a single non-inherited connector.

As far as using multiple connectors in an operation, you can add as many connectors or other objects to an AL as you like just like in TDI. Just used the processing tab of the parent container object. You can even add multiple inherited connectors to an AL.

As far as TDI 7.0 and eclipse goes, No, there is no plan to make ADT a plugin. The TDI 7.0 implementation is a Rich Client interface to the TDI engine (similar to ADT). It was not designed as a full eclipse plugin that can be easily extended.

Keep in mind that the main purpose of ADT is to provide a more integrated and automated way to develop ITIM adapters. It was not intended to be a replacement of all TDI functionality.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome and we try to enhance the tools whenever possible to make them more useful.

Cheers,
          Dave
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            233 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-23T10:22:03Z  in response to streetglide
            Hi Dave,

Thanks for your swift and detailed reply.
            I understand that ADT purpose is not to replace ITDI of course, but as it uses a TDI like GUI, it's not always easy to decide when to use ADT or TDI.

For example, I noticed that the parser function component doesn't contain the "parser" (csv, xml, dsml, ...) property in the parameters tab of the ADT, whereas you can do quite the same as TDI anywhere else in ADT.

Also, ADT can only manage connectors in project connector configuration menu.
            What if the managed resource implies ssh commands in all operations? You would typically use a remoteCmdLine function component. This could be helpful to have a "project FC", such as you currently have a project connector. Do you intend to add other components such as FC in the project configuration menu?

Just for feedback, I noticed some problems in ADT when managing supporting data object classes : the created objectclass would appear many times in ADT tabs - a new tab with the same name would be created any time I would close and reopen the project tab. I had to edit the project XML file to remove the objectclass related data.

I also noticed that when you create and save a service form from within ADT, if you then decide to update the form by moving up or down an attribute, it is actually not updated in ITIM once you import the new jar profile.

Do you also intend to make ADT form designer manage special characters (é è ê à ... in French) so that the CustomLabels.properties file is encoded with their unicode values ? It would just be an add-on...

If I see anything else, I'll try to post on that forum even if you may already be aware of what I post.

Thank you.

Regards,
            Vanik
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              233 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-27T12:32:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hi Dave,

It seems like the source and displayed data in dropdown list (at least in account forms) is wrong when you do it from ADT. You actually get the opposite in ITIM : the source data are the displayed ones and the displayed data are the source ones.

Regards,
              Vanik
              • streetglide
                streetglide
                81 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-27T13:03:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                I have fixed the issue with the display/stored values in the form editor. I will also be looking at the ordering issue. I hope to be getting a fix out soon that will include a number of bug fixes that have been made since the last release. I expect it will be called 3.2

Cheers,
                Dave
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  233 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-27T20:44:37Z  in response to streetglide
                  Hi Dave,

Thanks, that's good news.

Could it also be possible to make ADT able to manage supporting data objectclasses once the project creation wizzard is passed ?
                  I thought I had something wrong in my project xml file, so I just removed all the supporting data information from the project xml with ADT.
                  Then I realized I couldn't set up the supporting data objectclass attributes (define the supporting data objectclass schema).
                  You can actually only set it during the wizzard when you first create your project, but not once it's created.
                  Or I just might have done something wrong with my project file right from the beginning...

Thanks.

Regards,
                  Vanik
                  • streetglide
                    streetglide
                    81 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-27T23:45:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                    Vanik,

You can in fact add and edit supporting data object classes in the project view. On the objectclasses tab you add the new class and then do a ctrl-s to save. You then have to close and reopen the editor to see the new tab in the view. I will try to change it to make it display the new tab when you do ctrl-s. In any case, you can add and edit. I also fixed an issue that had to do with deleting supporting data classes from the project editor. Adding and editng should be fine and everything should work in the next drop.

Dave
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      233 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-06T07:46:05Z  in response to streetglide
                      Hi Dave,

When you add a ParserFC to an assembly line from within ADT, you cannot set the parser type (xml, ...).
                      It seems to default to csv (from what you can read in the generated xml file). But when you open the xml file with TDI, the configuration of the FC is not displayed properly.

Regards,
                      Vanik
                      • SystemAdmin
                        SystemAdmin
                        233 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-08T12:01:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                        Hi Dave,

If you use a CommandLine connector in CallReply mode as your project connector, then you can see both the input and output map, which is correct.
                        But when you want to use this connector as a default connector in an operation, then you only see the output map, you cannot edit or view the input map.

Besides, the project connector has a search criteria tab, which shouldn't be there as there is no search criteria in a command line connector in CallReply mode.

Regards,
                        Vanik
                        • streetglide
                          streetglide
                          81 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-08T12:04:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                          Vanik,

Thanks for the input. There are a number of scenarios that I have probably not run into since most ITIM adapters don't use them. Of course we want to make it work for as many situations as possible so I will certainly look into it.

Also, please email me at dsaucier@us.ibm.com. I would like to discuss some of these issues with you.

Cheers,
                          Dave
                        • SystemAdmin
                          SystemAdmin
                          233 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-08T12:22:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                          Another one,

If your connector name contains a space, then the global variable name generated in the AL prolog hook also contains a space, which causes errors in the adapter.

Ex :
                          Connector name = Create Account
                          Global variable name = gCreate Account (instead of gCreateAccount)

Regards,
                          Vanik
      • app1txc
        app1txc
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-01T14:07:58Z  in response to streetglide
        I do see a valid java when I run java version in Win 2003 server:

D:\Software\CZ3RKML\DevTool>java -version
        java version "1.5.0"
        Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pwi32dev-20061002a (SR3)
        )
        IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows Server 2003 x86-32 j9vmwi322
        3-20061001 (JIT enabled)
        J9VM - 20060915_08260_lHdSMR
        JIT - 20060908_1811_r8
        GC - 20060906_AA)
        JCL - 20061002

D:\Software\CZ3RKML\DevTool>

But I still get the message "could not find a valid Java virtual machene to load" when I try running adtinst31.exe
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-01T17:30:17Z  in response to app1txc
          The installer on windows looks in the registry for an installed java version. I suspect that you have a JVM that is in your path but not in the registry. You should be able to get a 1.5 JVM from SUN to download and install or edit the registry to add your 1.5 JVM.

Also, we now have a new version of ADT for ITIM 5.1 on OPAL.

Dave
          • app1txc
            app1txc
            4 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-02T18:13:13Z  in response to streetglide
            thanks Dave, I will try jvm download and install.. we are running ITIM 5.0. Tim
  • wilks
    wilks
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-07T11:28:45Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi,

I am currently building a custom adapter using the ADT that will manage users (and their entitlements) within a backend database. I am using TIM v5.0 and ITDI v6.1.1.
    At this moment I am experiencing several issues at the moment, however I will firstly outlined the most critical one.

Specifically the issue I am having is regarding the maximum length of a custom attribute called 'dburl'. This custom attribute will be used to hold a JDBC URL. After importing my adapter jar file into TIM, I have found that I can only enter a JDBC URL that has a length or 240 characters or less. After dumping the ITIM LDAP schema I found the following:

IBMattributeTypes: ( dbUrl-OID DBNAME ( 'dbUrl' 'DBURL' ) ACCESS-CLASS NORMAL LENGTH 240 )

So my question is, can I increase the length or this attribute to something higher than 240 characters?

Many thanks,

Steve
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-07T14:46:24Z  in response to wilks
      Steve,

The syntax should allow you to specify the length of the attribute. You should be able to add {512} to the end of the syntax in ADT (and you can). This causes the following to be created in the schema.dsml file in the profile:
      <attribute-type single-value="false">
      <name>dbURLTest</name>
      <object-identifier>dbURLTest-OID</object-identifier>
      <syntax>1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{1000}</syntax>
      </attribute-type>

That should cause the attribute size to be set in the schema. If you look in the ITIM_HOME/config/ldap/er-schema.dsml file you will see attribute sizes being set and they are correctly created in LDAP. For some reason the size parameter does not seem to be getting set when I load the Adapter schema into ITIM. The size gets left off. I am not sure why. I suspect it may be a bug in the profile loader. You can open a PMR against it if your testing shows the same as mine.

For now, you can go into the V3.modifiedschema file and add the {1000} parameter after the syntax string as shown below:
      ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.6054.1.1.179 NAME 'erAccessDescription' DESC 'description for access entitlement' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{1024} )

Dave
  • wilks
    wilks
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-11T08:30:56Z  in response to streetglide
    Dave,

Thanks for your previous reply. I tried adding the required length to the attribute syntax, however I also found that ITIM seems to ignore this. I have constructed a much more simple JDBC url for the purposes of testing, however I will need to return to this as the customer requires that I use a JDBC url that supports load balancing and failover.

So after I was able to circumvent the attribute length issue I was able to successfully import my adapter and run a successful recon for approximately 400 users. The remaining issue that I do have relates the reconciliation of supporting data. I have defined a supporting data class (for a group) and have defined the 'reconcile supporting data' operation, however I am not seeing any group data pulled back into ITIM. Upon inspecting the ITIM trace log I found the message "Entry Object class or DN missing. Skip entry". Based on this could I ask:

Am I required to add the attribute 'objectclass' to my supporting data class with a value that is equal to the class name?

Finally I would really appreciate any information you could provide regarding the purpose and proper usage of the 'group' tab within the 'ITIM profile' branch of the ADT, which allows a developer to 'Create Profiles to map Groups and Roles on the resource'.

Many thanks,

Steve
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-11T21:02:26Z  in response to wilks
      Steve,

Yes, you need to return the objectclass attribute with supporting data. You also need to provide the $dn. It should be something like "erLdapGroupName=" + work.getString("grpname"). Of course you use you own supporting data attributes.

The profiles for groups and roles allow you to create a profile that maps a can be used to map an access in ITIM 5.0 to supporting data (i.e. group) on an account.

Dave
  • wilks
    wilks
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-12T11:06:20Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. My adapter is now able to return a list of groups defined on the backend system and it is also handling user->group entitlements properly.

For reference could I ask that you provide some more information regarding the meaning of the items within the 'supporting data' section of the profile definition tab, under ITIM profile. For example 'RDN attribute'. I ask this as the names in the ADT seem to be different to those used within the corresponding section in the ITIM console.

Also finally, in what circumstances should I populate the ITIM operation configuration section that states "Define the multi valued account attributes that must be handled as replace (versus add/delete)"?
    For example should this section reference the multivalued attributes whose contents should be inspected and individually added/deleted?

Many thanks for the support.

Steve
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-18T17:51:04Z  in response to wilks
      Steve,

The RDN (Releative DN) is an LDAP term that defines the attribute that is used as the left most piece of the dn. When supporting data is stored under the service, each entry has a dn that begins with the RDN value. This value must be unique within the parent. So for example:

erldapgroup=admin,erglobalid=12345,ou=services.....

and

erldapgroup=support,erglobalid=12345,ou=services.....

The rdn attribute is erldapgroup

As for the multi-valued attributes, in ITIM 5 multi-valued attribute changes are sent as add/delete of the individual values that have changed rather than a full replace of all values with the new value set. In some systems it is not easy or possible to update the individual values. Therefore, you can specify to ITIM that you want ITIM to pass you the full set to replace rather than the individual values.

CAUTION: Do not put single valued attributes in this list. There is a bug in ITIM that will prevent you from getting the correct value if it is a single valued attribute. You must check the schema to ensure that the account attribute is multi-valued before adding it to the multi-valued attributes list.

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-30T10:02:18Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi Dave,

I have question to the function: connector.setInitializeOption(int)

Which numbers are related to the following options?

• At Startup
    • Only when used
    • When configuration has changed (and is used)
    • Initialize and Terminate every time it is used

I would guess:

• At Startup - 0
    • Only when used - 1
    • When configuration has changed (and is used) - 2
    • Initialize and Terminate every time it is used - 3

Is this correct?

Cheers
    Denis Bodan
  • ycarte@atheos.fr
    ycarte@atheos.fr
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-12T14:59:07Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi all,

I'm currently using ADT to build an adapter that targets an LDAP server and uses SSL. My problem is that I cannot query LDAP schema when the LDAP connector is set to use SSL. When I click the "Query Schema..." button the following exception occurs :

java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing implementation .....

For information, I have put a solution.properties in ADT home and set the truststore and the keystore. It's working well in ITDI.

From my point of view it is a problem related to security config of the JVM used by ADT. Mine is SUN JRE.

Does anyone experienced that problem before, and does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks in advance

Yann
  • ycarte@atheos.fr
    ycarte@atheos.fr
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-18T13:02:36Z  in response to streetglide
    I use ADT 3.1 on ITIM 5.0 to manage ldap accounts.
    Those accounts are using employeenumber attribute as mandatory attribute.
    There are some case where this attribute needs to be populated with empty string.

As far as I know this can be done througt ITDI config editor by clicking the null button in the attributemap.
    But I cannot find an equivalent step in ADT to configure null behavior.

Does anyone know how to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance
  • greenj10
    greenj10
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-10T18:58:25Z  in response to streetglide
    Hello,

I am trying to develop a custom adapter to populate an oracle database with stored procedures. The add/delete features work fine but when I try to do a modify function the work.getString("attribute") values do not reflect the updated form field. Is there an additional step I need to do with the modify process?

Thanks!
    Jon
  • streetglide
    streetglide
    81 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-21T19:24:36Z  in response to streetglide
    Season's Greetings

I am FINALLY doing some work on the next version of ADT. Unfortunately this will not support TDI 7. It will however have a number of bugs fixed and also will provide support for the new features of ITIM 5.1. I have gone through this forum and tried to capture any issues that I may not have fixed yet and will be looking into them. When I have a working version I will post a release notes that has a list of bugs fixed and features added. You will then be able to verify any issues you had have been addressed.

You should continue to post any known issues so that I can get them as early as possible. I hope to have something to submit for OPAL by the end of January. I will most likely be looking for internal IBM users to beta test if anyone is interested. Due to legal issues I cannot distribute directly to anyone outside of IBM.

As far as TDI 7 support goes, I will have to work on that after this release. It is essential that we have something that supports the new 5.1 group management. TDI 6.x will still work with the TDI 7 runtime. You can use TDI 6 to develop the adapter and then run it in TDI 7.

Enjoy your holidays!
    Dave
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-23T18:23:35Z  in response to streetglide
      I have a beginner's question for ADT.

Is it possible to export a service from ITIM into a .jar file and then import that into ADT to make changes?

Or do we always have to go back to the original source ADT XML file?
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-24T12:40:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        ADT does allows you to import either a profile jar file or a profile directory into a new or existing ADT project. You must have the profile that was loaded into ITIM. You cannot export a service profile from ITIM. Once you have the profile jar/dir then use the import feature to create a new ADT project. There are a few issues with the current version (3.1) importing functions which will be fixed in the next version. I suggest you validate the imported adapter thoroughly and then keep the ADT project for future maintenance.

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-08T18:34:34Z  in response to streetglide
    I'm working on an adapter at the moment, and I think a useful addition would be:

*) support for the "Account Defaults" feature (to automatically map person attributes to account attributes)

I also found a number of what seem to be bugs:

*) Support for mixed case attribute names. The form editor creates invalid form definitions if there are mixedcase attribute names

*) A small problem where the form editor for static list interchanges the values for 'display item' and 'value'. The display item is put in the attribute and the value is put on the screen, this should be the other way around.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-08T18:50:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      *) As a followup, service forms don't seem to support multiple tabs, so it would probably be best to remove tabs from that (even though the ITIM form editor allows you to do this)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-02T12:33:25Z  in response to streetglide
    Hello Dave,

we are using ADT 3.1 and i observed one thing:
    We tried to configure "Connection Error Settings" in the Connector Overview. All settings are gone after you reopen your adapter project.

Best Regards,
    Frank

ITIM Adapter Development Tool
    Version: 3.1 (ITIM 5.x,TDI 6.1.1)
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-02T17:00:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Frank,

Thanks for the input. I found and fixed the issue and it will be included in the next ADT which I am almost finished coding. I will be having some beta testing done on it and hope to release it to OPAL this quarter.

Cheers,
      Dave
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-07T19:08:38Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi Dave,

One thing that I noticed when running TestDriver ALs is that you can't see the logs that are dumped from the called ALs.
        For example, if you are testing the "modify" AL by running the associated TestDriver AL, then any log dumped from within your "modify" AL won't be visible during your tests.

In the next release of ADT, could you may be update the TestDriver auto-generated code so that when one runs TestDriver ALs, one can see all the logs?
        For the moment, I always have to manually set this code snipet before calling main.startAL() within TestDriver :
        tcb.setTask(task);

Thank you.

Regards,
        Vanik
  • streetglide
    streetglide
    81 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-16T18:17:32Z  in response to streetglide
    Greetings!!

I have completed the development of the new version of ADT that will support ITIM 5.1. It will still require you to have TDI 6.1.1 for development of the adapter, however, you can run the created adapter under TDI 7.

Below are the release notes. The version has not yet been posted on OPAL (it will be submitted today) but should appear there soon. Any IBM employee may send me an email to get an version directly from me if need be.

Please report any issues and comments about this version on this forum so that all can benefit from the Q&A.

Cheers!

Adapter Development Tool Version 5.1
    Release Notes

Most Notable Changes and Additions

1. Changed the release number to correspond with the highest level release of ITIM that is supported by this version

2. Added support for the new ITIM 5.1 features. Most notably:
    - Support for group management
    - Support for Group Form definition
    - New Operations for groups
    - Added ability to define attributes requiring an index

3. Replaced the Project Connector with Template Components. This allows you to define a template component at the top level whose configuration can be inherited by components in the Assembly Line (similar to project connectors in 3.1). The types of template components currently supported are:
    - Connectors
    - Functions
    - Scripts
    - Attribute Maps

In addition, you can now have as many template components as you like (as opposed to the single project connector).

4. Reorganized the ITIM Profile folders to better match the logical grouping

Additional Changes

1. Added support for null behavior in attribute maps
    2. Removed all remaining support for DSML adapters
    3. Added the ability to remove scripts in the script library
    4. Dispatcher parameters can no longer contain a space in the name (new params only) (SEE NOTE 1)
    5. Component Names cannot contain spaces
    6. Redesigned the parser definition and inheritance code
    7. Added functions to the TestDriver AL

Additional Defects/Issues resolved in this release

1. In form lists, the display and source columns were reversed. (SEE NOTE 2)
    2. In forms, the order of attributes was not preserved
    3. Form attributes with mixed case did not work, all attributes are now converted to lowercase.
    4. Function components labels were not set correctly when pasting component
    5. Connection Error Settings were not being saved to the project file
    6. Parser FC was missing parser definition
    7. Call/Reply mode connectors did not show Input map
    Outstanding issues not resolved
    1. Help files were not updated due to time constraints
    NOTE 1:
    While the dispatcher parameter create dialog does not allow you to enter a space in the
    dispatcher parameter name, any existing parameters you have may contain spaces. It is highly
    recommended that you remove the spaces since the Javascript generated using these names will
    be invalid with spaces.

NOTE 2:
    Now that the Form list attributes (display/source) are correct, if you made any changes
    to you project to workaround the bug you will need to change them to be correct or else they will still be incorrect in ITIM.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-19T14:25:49Z  in response to streetglide
      That's Great!
      I know a few people who have been waiting eagerly for an updated version of ADT.
      Is there any chance there will be a version in the (hopefully near) future that will work directly with TDI 7.0 for development?

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

---
      "Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
      Homer Simpson.
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-27T14:15:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the new version of ADT for ITIM 5.1 is now available on OPAL. It does not yet show up on the main page but if you go to the downloads page you will see the adtinst51 files.

Cheers,
        Dave
        • ycarte@atheos.fr
          ycarte@atheos.fr
          8 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-28T13:42:29Z  in response to streetglide
          Thanks a lot for this new release that seems to have corrected most of my bugs, and gives the ability to managhe groups.

I would like to know if there was a way to do "internationalization" of the GUI and report tool, by means of properties file like in ITIM for example. ( As a french user ;-), I'd like to document developped adapters in french.)
          It could also be usefull to post the URL that demonstrates the use of ADT. I remember watching videos. Does someone know where to get them ?

Regards
          Yann
  • Dmitry Bondar
    Dmitry Bondar
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-27T16:23:53Z  in response to streetglide
    I have faced an issue trying to make group management assembly line via ADT.
    I think this post can be helpful to anyone who have similar problem.

I have a group with 3 attributes: erAAValue, erAAnName and erAADescription.
    I have made an assembly line for a group creation using ADT.
    During assembly line processing cycle all 3 attribtes are present in TCB (TCB dump in RMI Dispatcher log file)
    but i'm not found a way to access them from assembly line. Because assembly line doesn't know anything about them.

This happens because ADT automatically populates same(!) tag with input values mapping to each assemly line
    during adapter export. This mapping contains account attributes only and i haven't found any way to
    customize this mapping in ADT.

The solution is to replace <Operation name="Default"> tag in target assemly line with right attributes mapping manually
    after adapter export and when manually create profile jar.

Another way to get attribtes from TCB is to use dispatcher parameters. But in this case you can get attribute value only,
    but not attribute action (add, remove).

Best Regards,
    Dmitry Bondar
  • wilks
    wilks
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-11T12:32:35Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi,

I am currently attempting to create a RMI adapter using the latest version of the ADT, which will manage local windows accounts on a set of remote servers. I have implemented this adapter in a basic fashion without the ADT and it works as expected. I now need to build a full ITIM-RMI adapter using what I've done so far. Due to the number of separate iterations and feeds within this process I have modelled it as a set of interconnected ALs. For example:

ITIM search operation AL -> /invoke collector AL -> /iterate server listing file
    /foreach server invoke data collector AL -> /collect user data
    /write data to file
    /iterate collected data

So I have all the above working in a basic AL (using TDI 7). I have just created an ADT project and added in all the processes (as already implemented). When I just exported my project to test locally (using the Test Drivers) I found that none of the sub-ALs were exported. When I went back and reviewed the export menu I could see that the sub-ALs weren't even referenced as being 'export-able'.

The ADT seems to support the AssemblyLineFC so it must be possible to utilise ALs that do not themselves implement ITIM operations.
    Any help and assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Steve Williams
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-11T12:41:35Z  in response to wilks
      You said you developed it in a basic fashion. What does that mean? Did you just use TDI? ITIM does not support executing multiple AssemblyLines in the RMI framework. That is why ADT does not export the additional ALs. The Framework only allows one AL per request type. The reason you see the AssemblyLineFc is that ADT is displaying all available TDI components since it is using TDI libraries to get the list.

Dave
      • wilks
        wilks
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-11T12:57:19Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi,

Thanks for the rapid reply.
        I have currently done my development using the CE within TDI 7. Within this process I have one top AL, which calls out to a second AL, which itself calls out to a third AL. I built the TDI process in this way as I need to prepare a data file for the top-level AL to eventually process.
        From your mail you mention that its not possible to utilise multiple ALs within a RMI adapter. I didn't realise that this was the case. If so then I'll need to significantly redesign my whole process.

Regards,

Steve
        • girishS
          girishS
          12 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-24T12:47:55Z  in response to wilks
          Since ITIM Adapter development tool 5.1 has bug fixes, can I use this version with ITIM 5.0.
          • streetglide
            streetglide
            81 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-24T13:24:40Z  in response to girishS
            Yes, you can use ADT 5.1 to develop a 5.0 adapter. You just have to make sure you don't add any of the 5.1 features such as Group management.

Dave
            • girishS
              girishS
              12 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-25T12:22:43Z  in response to streetglide
              Thanks Dave.
              • girishS
                girishS
                12 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-30T18:43:33Z  in response to girishS
                I developed an adapter for ITIM 5.0 to connect to an Oracle database table. the idea is to provision accounts into an Oracle table.

I imported the adapter in ITIM 5.0. I then defined a provisioning policy which will create an account to this "Oracle db service". The provisioning parameters are defined and one of the parameter is "Mandatory" (telephone number).

The add and delete work as designed.

I have a problem in modify. When a user updates his telephone number, the telephone number should get updated in the Oracle table. This does not work. This works in a delayed fashion. That is when I do a second change to the telephone number, the previous change replicates to the Oracle table.

I did not make any changes to the standard request processing of JDBC.

Has anybody run into this issue? I am running ITIM 5.0 fp8, TDI 6.1.1 fp6.
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  233 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-05-10T11:22:04Z  in response to girishS
                  Even I am also getting same problem updates are done delayed fashion.
                  Have you got any solution?
                  Please update....

Thanks.....
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  233 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-07T05:34:09Z  in response to girishS
                  Hi Girish

Have you got any solution for that particular delayed modify request operation.
                  I am facing the same problem with ADT. Modify is happening successfully in itim person and account but in the
                  target system it is happening one step behind

Please if you resolve the issue send me the solution

Dipanjan Mondal
                  dipanjan.mondal@in.ibm.com
                • GG1R_Rahil_Anwar
                  GG1R_Rahil_Anwar
                  1 Post
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-05-28T10:54:48Z  in response to girishS

Hi,

Even i am facing the same issue. Please let me know how to fix this.

My email is anwarrahil555@gmail.com

Updated on 2014-05-28T10:55:09Z at 2014-05-28T10:55:09Z by GG1R_Rahil_Anwar
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              233 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-01T13:44:29Z  in response to streetglide
              Hi Dave,

I have a problem with attribute loop components in ADT 5.1.
              I can create the component, but I don't know why after a while, I can't edit the component from my project anymore. An exception is returned.
              See attached file for more details.

Thank you.

Regards,
              Vanik
              • streetglide
                streetglide
                81 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-01T17:27:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Hi Vanik,

The log indicates that the error occurs when the component is inhering a schema from a template components and the template component is either not found (using the name specified in the child) or the template component has no input schema. I'm not sure what caused the situation but I will add code to trap it and not get a null pointer. I would look at the parent component and make sure all is right for the input schema.

Dave
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  233 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-05T14:40:23Z  in response to streetglide
                  Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, template connector input parameters were empty. I added them but I still can't edit the loop. So I guess there might be something to fix here as you mentionned.

Another issue I got was setting service attributes to connector loop parameters, it doesn't seem to work. The generated service.def file doesn't contain the information for the mapping between connector loop parameters and service attributes. I had to add them manually in the file.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
                  Vanik
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    233 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-07T12:08:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                    Hi Dave,

I noticed that hooks and connector parameters are missing for connector loops in ADT.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
                    Vanik
  • borper
    borper
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-12T10:20:27Z  in response to streetglide
    I found the issue related to ADT 5.1 (in the previous ADT versions 3.0 and 3.1 it was Ok):
    When I try to add the Hook implementation using ADT 5.1 (add javascript) and click on "Ctrl"+"S" - it is not saved in the xml.
    I found that if I use adapter with "Connector" - it's working fine, I can write and save javascript of hooks, but if I use adapter with "Function" (any type, like AxisJavaToSoap) - the hooks cannot be saved at all, even if editable

Please advise if any workaround available. Is it only manual change via TDI and update of relevant xml files? If I try to export adapter all javascript is removed...
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-16T15:39:14Z  in response to borper
      I found the issue with saving changes to a Function component hook. It is not limited to function hooks. It should stop any changes from being saved in the function editor. I have attached a fix for this. Please save and replace the attached file in the ADT Install dir plugins directory. When you look at the about dialog it should say 5.1.1. I will include this fix in a new 5.1.1 version when we have additional fixes to package. Also, I am currently working on a TDI 7 version. Not time table for release.

Dave
      • borper
        borper
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-20T16:54:54Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi Dave,
        Thanks for quick response.
        Basically, the main issue of ADT5.1 is fixed. I still found some situations when hook is not saved, but cannot reproduce it exactly.

Thank you very much.
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-19T17:16:20Z  in response to borper
          Greetings !!

I am looking for people to Beta test ADT 5.1 for TDI 7.0

If you are an IBM employee and are interested, please email me at:
          dsaucier@us.ibm.com

Thx

P.S. Please only respond if you have the time to test and provide timely feedback.
  • app1txc
    app1txc
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-14T13:18:22Z  in response to streetglide
    Dave, I created an adapter with the tool and when I try importing the adapter profile.jar file into ITIM, via manage services, I get the following error in the msg.log file: " <LogText><![CDATA[CJL0004E Message key [LDAP: error code 16 - GLPSCH027E attribute type '1.3.6.1.4.1.6054.3.1.2.109' does not exist; replace operation failed.

Not sure where to go from here... Thanks, Tim
  • app1txc
    app1txc
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-07-14T13:23:07Z  in response to streetglide
    Dave, I created an adapter with the tool and when I try importing the adapter profile.jar file into ITIM, via manage services, I get the following error in the msg.log file: " <LogText><![CDATA[CJL0004E Message key [LDAP: error code 16 - GLPSCH027E attribute type '1.3.6.1.4.1.6054.3.1.2.109' does not exist; replace operation failed.

Not sure where to go from here... Thanks, Tim
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-01T18:33:19Z  in response to streetglide
    It's possible to install ADT in a SunOS 5.10?

And if I haven't root credencials the installation process can be done in home directory of a especific root?

The last question, I guess te documentation for this tool is poor, very poor.

Someone Can help me if theses issues?

Tanks!
    • Kenbab
      Kenbab
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-08T12:49:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      TDI 7.0 added the FormEntry connector which is absolutely fantastic. This connector is also available for download for TDI 6.1.1. However it's not available through ADT. Are there any tricks to get this connector using the existing ADT?

I've considered finishing up the adapter as much as I can using ADT and then just export it and edit the assemblylines in TDI 7 to add the FormEntry connector where I need it but it's a bit extra work since the assemblyline then breaks if I open it in ADT later. Any input on best practices for doing this?
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-08T12:53:04Z  in response to Kenbab
        I am getting ready to release version 5.1.2 of ADT which will provide support for TDI 7.x.

I will be submitting it to Opal in the next few days but it usually takes a week or two to show up on Opal.

Dave
        • Kenbab
          Kenbab
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-18T14:45:47Z  in response to streetglide
          Downloading ADT 5.1.2 from Opal right now. Looking forward to testing the new version later today.
  • Ayush_tachyon
    Ayush_tachyon
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-11T13:12:42Z  in response to streetglide
    Hello,

I am developing a custom RMI adapter for ITIM using Adapter Development Toolkit 5.1 (testing it on TDI TDI 7.0 RMI dispatcher). I have developed a java code that interacts with the target system and packaged it in the framework that is required for the connectors in TDI.

I am facing an issue with the modify operation - while modify call is successful and the "entry" parameter in the modEntry() method gets the attributes that have been modified, however, the entry object only gets the old values for the attribute that has been changed. Since I cannot get the new value - update does not work. The java code seems fine, attribute mapping is ok - perhaps I am missing something on the TDI end? Also, the create/ delete and recon are working fine.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Ayush
  • Ayush_tachyon
    Ayush_tachyon
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-12T12:16:34Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi Dave,

This is further to my earlier post (above). While going through the other posts in this thread, I realized that other people are also facing a similar issue. So I used your jar file and now the modify operation is working fine. Thanks a ton!

However, even now modify works only for custom attributes - not for any ITIM/ Person attributes that I have used. Though I can make all attributes custom, please let me know if this is a known issue or am I making some mistake?

Thanks,
    Ayush
  • DiegoRA
    DiegoRA
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-13T02:21:45Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi, I'm developing a custom adapter with ADT, but I have some issues during the process, maybe u can give me some guidelines or documentation to do so...
    The applications have some SP(DB) published to do the required actions about the accounts for the applications (add, edit, delete accounts) but the accounts have different roles(permissions and access to the applications) that are registered to the account, and so for different applications.

I've already done some of the assembly lines (using TDI) to connect to the DB and consume the SP to complete some tasks but I have no idea how to manage to match this data from TIM and how to customize the adapter to do this tasks.

If you can give me some ideas about how can I use (TIM + custom adapter) to complete this task, that'll help me a lot...

I'm working with this headlines: the identity in TIM have an account of a service (an account of the application)
    The roles of the application (access and permissions) will be the TIM ROLES (<-- this part I'm not quite sure is logic)
    I don't know how to match the account with roles so the adapter assign the application roles to the application account. <-- I'm confused about this, it's supposed that TIM match account with roles, but I need a way to use the specific SP to perform this task in the DB, and here's where I get dizzy about the logic.

Again, any help you can provide me is thankfully accepted...

Regards
  • DiegoRA
    DiegoRA
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-19T23:30:24Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi, I have a new question, is possible to perform multiple data mapping in a single iteration of a connector?

4 example:

I have a jdbc connector with iterator mode, each iteration corresponding to a single role and I need to map all the users of that role to ITIM, in the hooks, I have a code that returns an array of the users of a role and I need to map them to ITIM

I set this inside a for loop:
    eruid = new system.newAttribute("eruid");
    eruid.addValue(m_strUser);
    work.setAttribute(eruid);

but it only inserts the last user (it's just replacing the data before the mapping takes effect).

Do you have some ideas about how can I perform this task?
    is any way to invoke a mapping function during the loop?
    Can I invoke a dummy connector just to perform the mapping during the loop?

Thanx
  • TAM_ENG
    TAM_ENG
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-01-17T18:57:01Z  in response to streetglide
    ITIM Adapter Development Tool
    Version: 5.1.2.2 (ITIM 5.1,TDI 7.0)

I am not able to use File Connectors and HttpClient Connectors. Please specify any helping document or steps to use File Connector or Httpclient Connector in IBM ADT 5.1.2.2
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-18T08:34:17Z  in response to TAM_ENG
      Hi

I have installed TDI 7.0 fp6 (64bit) on windows 2008 R2 along with ADT 5.1.2.2 and RMI Dispatcher for TDI7.0

All 3 products installed with no problem.

However, it seems that I have a problem to use any connector with ADT5.1.2.2 on this setup.
      Example 1: If I use the file system connector and use any parser eg CSV for reading a file,
      I get an error when I query the schema: (see attachment)
      "This Connector has no configured parser"
      Example 2: If I use the ldap connector for iterating an ldap server (eg the TIM LDAP), I get an error when I query the schema:(see attachment)
      "Illegal value for java.naming.referral.property"

When I launch ADT it takes me around 35 seconds in order for this to launch. In any case, ADT finally launches with no errors. Please see attachment.

Maybe ADT cannot initialize correctly the jars from TDI7.0 64bit on win2008 R2?

Thanks in advance

PS: In TDI7.0 I have no problem to create a project with an assembly line that has such connectors.
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-28T15:09:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Demetris,

Please send me an email at dsaucier@us.ibm.com. I have a fix for this that you can test out for me.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          233 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-04T13:28:35Z  in response to streetglide
          Hi Dave,

The latest release of ADT (for TDI 7.0) doesn't set default values in drop-down lists. For example, if you add an LDAP connector in one AL, then you must explictly set the referral and authentication mode parameters for example.

But as these parameters are not mandatory in the ADT form, then if you leave them as is (that is to say blank), you get exceptions when the RMI Dispatcher executes the ALs because these fields have been left blank instead of setting them with a value.

I wanted to know if you could fix that behavior in the next release that will support TDI 7.1 ?

Thank you Dave.

Regards,
          Vanik
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            233 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-04T13:38:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi,

Another point on the ADT. I think that in the past, when you would create a new adapter project from scratch, then the wizzard would eventualy bring you to the template component configuration part.
            It seems that this step is now skipped and that you have to do it by yourself in the project directly. This means you also have to create manually the operation ALs accordingly.

I believe it was set up automagically in previous releases? Am I wrong??

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
            Vanik
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          233 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-01T11:21:59Z  in response to streetglide
          Hi Dave

I have installed TDI 7.0 fp6 (32bit) on windows 2008 R2 along with ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI71.exe and RMI Dispatcher for TDI7.0

All 3 products installed with no problem. I am able to start and use TDI. I am able to start the Adapters windows service..

However, when I launch ADT I get an error saying that ITDI failed to initialize. I attach screenshots and logs

Maybe, the above ADT version is not applicable for TDI7.0 32bit and win2008R2?

Thanks

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            233 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-01T11:30:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Sorry
            Just saw that there is a version ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI70_install.exe

I am now trying to download it...
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              233 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-02T05:40:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              It was my mistake. Downloaded and installed the correct version and now it is all ok
              Thanks
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-28T15:10:14Z  in response to TAM_ENG
      TAM_ENG,

What do mean by you are able to use them? What are you not able to do?
      Dave
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-01T12:12:56Z  in response to streetglide
        Hello Dave

I had downloaded the ADT 5.1.2.2 and the ITDI trail 7.1. I am trying to use this ADT with TDI 7.1. When I start the ADT, I am getting an error like "Error initializing ITDI". Looking at the ADT log, I found these messages as mentioned below. I verified the TDI path and jars, looks fine. Do you have any idea about this issue?

2011-03-01 17:37:02,773 INFO http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer - Initializing TDI...
        2011-03-01 17:37:05,853 ERROR http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer - Error initializing ITDI
        java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:479)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
        at com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer.initializeIDI(TDIInitializer.java:42)
        at com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor.postWindowOpen(ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor.java:53)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.fireWindowOpened(WorkbenchWindow.java:1332)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.open(WorkbenchWindow.java:798)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$24.runWithException(Workbench.java:1234)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4041)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
        at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$31.runWithException(Workbench.java:1566)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4584)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutExceptions(StartupThreading.java:94)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1561)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2556)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2427)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:670)
        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:663)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.Application.start(Application.java:18)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
        Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibm.di.loader.IDILoader.run(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)V
        at com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer$1.run(TDIInitializer.java:64)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
        ... 39 more
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-01T12:37:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          adhi,

This release does not support TDI 7.1. It only supports TDI 7.0. I am finishing up a TDI 7.1 supported release and should have it available soon. If you are an IBM employee, send me an email and I can provided you with a beta.

Dave
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            233 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-01T12:40:48Z  in response to streetglide
            Dave,

Thank you for the response and unfortunately, I am not an IBM'er :-)
          • streetglide
            streetglide
            81 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-25T16:16:41Z  in response to streetglide
            All,

I have submitted new versions of ADT (3/18/2011) that will support TDI 6.1.1, 7.0 and 7.1.

The new tool version is not 5.1.2.3 for all. They should show up on OPAL anyday.

I fixed the issue with the drop downs in the the parameters view not getting initialized in TDI 7.0

For now, you can select the appropriate values and save the changes and it should work fine.

I also fixed a number of minor issues.

Cheers,
            Dave
            • streetglide
              streetglide
              81 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-29T16:53:00Z  in response to streetglide
              Folks,

You should be able to download the latest ADT releases now from OPAL.

Dave
              • Ronivon
                Ronivon
                2 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-29T22:15:06Z  in response to streetglide
                Cool, I have already download and I started using it with some adapters I am developing.

This is a eally very handy, useful tool. Even when it is not possible to develop the whole project using ADT, I am using it to create the project, an later on, finish assembly lines development using IDI editor.

Will update here with any issues, comments.

Thanks Dave.
                By the way, I am having some problems using a connector in loop mode, to send the entries back to the dispatcher. You guys who are following this topic, could also take a look at my post in the link below, and let me know if you can help? Thanks.

Link: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=366258&tstart=0

Roni.
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  233 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-04-26T19:20:33Z  in response to Ronivon
                  Hello Dave.

I am using a 64Bit Linux Box and trying to get the ADT running without using change rooted environments or a separate system in 32Bit mode.

Here are my issues:

Installation only works if I use the following command line sequence:

export PATHOLD=$PATH; export PATH=/opt/sun-jre-bin-1.6.0.*/bin/:$PATH ; ~/data/progs/Tivoli/ADT/V5.1/src/ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI70_install.bin ; export PATH=$PATHOLD; unset PATHOLD   Preparing to install... Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive... Configuring the installer 

for 

this system
                  's environment...   Launching installer...

Installation without path corrections:

~/data/progs/Tivoli/ADT/V5.1/src/ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI70_install.bin Preparing to install... Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive... Configuring the installer 

for 

this system
                  's environment... No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH environment variable.  You must install a VM prior to running 

this program.

After succeeded Installation it is not able to start:

$ cat /opt/IBM/ADT51_611/workspace/.metadata/.log   !SESSION 2011-04-26 19:37:35.206 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=unknown java.version=1.6.0_24 java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc. BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86   !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-04-26 19:37:38.530 !MESSAGE Application error !STACK 1 java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load 32-bit SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:197) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:174) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:21) ...

Pointing to a 32 JVM does not solve the issue, maybe I have missed a configuration option of ADT.

$ cat ITIMAdapterDevelopmentTool.ini -vmargs -d32 -Dosgi.framework.extensions=com.ibm.tdi.loader   $ /mnt/chroot32/opt/sun-jre-bin-1.6.0.*/bin/java -d32 -version java version 
                  "1.6.0_24" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07) Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)   $ linux32 uname -m i686   $ export PATHOLD=$PATH; export PATH=/mnt/chroot32/opt/sun-jre-bin-1.6.0.*/bin/:$PATH ;linux32 ./ITIMAdapterDevelopmentTool ; export PATH=$PATHOLD; unset PATHOLD Running a 32-bit JVM is not supported on 

this platform.

The only solution I found so far is to install TDI and ADT within the 32Bit chroot environment.

Would it be possible to made the actual ADT version available in a 64Bit Version for TDI6.1.1 up to TDI 7.1 ?

Many Thanks in Advance for Any Help on that issue.
                  Volker
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-04-27T15:34:57Z  in response to streetglide
    I am trying to develop an Adapter using the ADT and created the attributes and object classes. While creating the asseembly lines, I am facing the issue.

I am creating the operations using JavaClass FC and I am not sure how to select the JAR and file and corresponding class and method. It doesnot have a browse button as we have in TDI 7.1 and other versions.

Could you please help me to find how to select the JAR file and the methods and class using the ADT GUI.
  • DeveloperX
    DeveloperX
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-04-27T18:22:03Z  in response to streetglide
    Hello, I'm new using ADT. I've to create a TIM form to call assembly lines existing in TDI. I've been searching about how to do it and found that it is possible with an adapter developed with ADT but I have no idea how to do it. Any idea? Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-08T16:36:23Z  in response to streetglide
    ------------- Group Management ---------

Hi,

in ADT there seem to be some flaws regarding management of service groups, e.g. the mapping of the ITIM group attributes to the target attributes is not supported. So, I switch over to TDI for developing the operation assembly lines for groups.
    The adapter should provision/reconcile users to a JDBC table and groups to another JDBC table. (DB2)

I was succesful in developing the add, modify, update and add-group assembly lines, but have some trouble with the modify-group and delete-group AL. (the recon ALs come later)
    Exactly I get an error stating No link critereia specifie..., I don't know how to define the link critereia for those two ALs. The link criteria should be the name of the group to be modified or deleted. This name should be passed via the TCB, shouldn't it?
    So, can someone help me to extract the group name from TCB passed over from ITIM and define it as link criteria?

It would be helpful to dump the content of the TCB. How could this be coded?

Thanks for helping a novice!
    Alwin
  • Sankin_Nikolay
    Sankin_Nikolay
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-27T13:18:15Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi all
    I just try to install ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI70 on Win 2008 R2 x64 with TDI 7.0 and TIM 5.1.

But I can't to start ADT. It fail's with error "Faled to load the JNI shared libruary C:\Program files\ibm\tdi\v7.0\jvm\jre\bim\j9vm\jvm.dll"

I tried to use any over version java, but with the same error.
    Can somebody help me?

Nikolay
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-04T06:33:47Z  in response to streetglide
    Just sharing this for others benefits:

I was having some fun (read: Major frustrations) trying to get the ITIM Adapter development Tool (version 5.1.2.3) to run under Linux,

ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI70_install.bin (38.8MB)
    (Under SuSE 9, Patch Level 4)

Once installed (no errors) and I ran the executables, I would get the following output:
    tiamdev:/opt/IBM/ADT51 # ./ITIMAdapterDevelopmentTool
    Loading TDI Jars into classpath...
    Loading IDILoader.jar into classpath...
    Loading JVM ext jars into classpath...
    Loading JVM IBM jars into classpath...
    Loading User jars into classpath...
    Finished class loader hook
    tiamdev:/opt/IBM/ADT51 #

And then NOTHING. No window would show, and didn't have any luck troubleshooting why. The logs were empty, and my frustration levels were rising.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it's a simple fix, I just changed the JVM that was on the PATH, from the Java 1.5 that was provided by WebSphere, to the Java 1.5 that is in the TDI V7.0 installation directory. And HUZZAH!

(NOTE: I also found that it ran happily under Java 1.6.)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-02T00:38:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I am having a strange issue trying to export a project for a custom adapter i developed. All the ALs for the different operations get exported as 0 byte files ie DO not get exported. I tried this on ADT 5.1.2.2 and 2.3 and i am usin TDI 7.0 FP6 if that matters.

Any idea how to get around this?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-28T15:47:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Raman, try another Java.
        I had the same problem on Windows 7 - 64 bit, ITDI 7.1 fp5 - 64 bit and ADT 5.1.2.3 (for TDI Version 7.1), when using IBM Java - java version "1.6.0" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pwi3260sr9ifix-0110211_02(SR9+IZ94423)).
        After SUN java - java version "1.6.0_29" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11) installation ALs export is OK.
        • Reddy2580
          Reddy2580
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-30T06:18:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Friends,

I am very new to ADT. I have developed a custom connector to connect for AD.
          i am facing probelm with custom connector, when I test the adapter from ITIM it will not update the attributes in the managed system, but it does update them in the ITIM account object. If I update the value again, it actually takes the old entity values and sends those to the managed system to be updated instead of the new values.

Is any one faced the same problem. can anyone advise on above issue.

Thanks in advance.
          • JunaidJabbar
            JunaidJabbar
            2 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-05T10:53:20Z  in response to Reddy2580
            Hello

I had the same issue and i resolved it, i didn't do anything but created custom attributes for the values i wanted to update, and problem solved.

Regards
            Junaid Jabbar
            Custom Adapter Developer
            Royal Cyber Inc.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-20T12:40:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

We are developing a Custom adapter profile using ADT. When we add connectors and scripts to the assembly lines in ADT and export it, the details of the AL is not getting reflected in the assemblyLine.xml files.

What could be the possible errors???
        Is there any way by which we rectify it.

Thanks,
        Anand
    • lLuiz
      lLuiz
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-14T14:07:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Can you explain with more details what you did to solve it. I have a similar problem.

Thanks

• R8K0_shay_dratler
    R8K0_shay_dratler
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-07T15:08:45Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi,
    I'm Trying to create a person VIA ITIM web Service.
    I have tried to use the following sample that is in the Web Service 1.32 API Solution samples :

WSOrganizationalContainerService containerService = webServiceFactory.getWSOrganizationalContainerService();
    WSPersonService personService = webServiceFactory.getWSPersonService();
    // First, search for an OU called Finance to anchor the person. We set the search to look for org units.
    String containerProfile = WSObjectCategoryConstants.ORGUNIT; // Constant choices are // ORGUNIT // LOCATION // ORGANIZATION (although
    // you can use other
    // methods to search for
    // organizations)
    // SECURITY_DOMAIN
    String containerName = "Finance"; // Container name to search. You can also use wildcard
    ITIM Web Services Wrapper v1.32 for ITIM
    Page 57
    // character * as a prefix or suffix.
    // Search for container named Finance starting at the root . We use the searchContainerByName method. The other choices are
    // searchContainerByAttribute, getOrganizations, getOrganizationTree and getOrganizationSubTree methods to get organizational
    // containers. In the call to searchContainerByName below, we pass a parent container of null which starts the search at the
    // organizational tree root.
    WSOrganizationalContainer[] wsContainers = containerService.searchContainerByName(session, null, containerProfile, containerName);
    if (wsContainers != null && wsContainers.length > 0) {
    System.out.println("Found " + wsContainers.length + " containers for " + containerName);
    // Set the parent container for the person. If the search found more than 1 container, select
    // the one you want. We arbitrarily choose the first found container in this example.
    WSOrganizationalContainer parentContainer = wsContainers[0];
    // Create a person value object.
    WSPerson wsPerson = new WSPerson();
    Collection attrList = new ArrayList();
    wsPerson.setProfileName("BluePerson"); // IMPORTANT: Set the correct profile name. This
    // example uses a custom person

But I am Encountering:

Exception: com.ibm.itim.ws.exceptions.WSApplicationException: com.ibm.itim.ws.services.WSPersonService.createPerson() () :com.ibm.itim.apps.ApplicationException:RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    Original server stacktrace:com.ibm.itim.apps.ApplicationException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm.itim.apps.identity.PersonManager.createPerson(PersonManager.java:175)
    at com.ibm.itim.ws.services.WSPersonService.createPerson(WSPersonService.java:167)
    at com.ibm.itim.ws.services.WSItimService.createPerson(WSItimService.java:723)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
    at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
    at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
    at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
    at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:453)
    at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1146)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:592)
    at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:525)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3548)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:269)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:831)
    at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1478)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:133)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:196)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:751)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:881)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1497)

What Am i Missing ?
    Shay
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-15T13:29:23Z  in response to R8K0_shay_dratler
      You are posting this to the wrong forum. This forum is for ADT issues not WebServices.

Dave
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-25T20:23:59Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi Dave,

I'm using ADT version 5.1.2.3 (ITIM 5.1, TDI 7.0) to create a custom adapter, and I'm having a couple of issues:

1. I've added an attribute loop, and it looks like after saving and closing the project, whenever I try to edit the attribute loop, I get the following error:
        Could not open the editor: An unexpected exception was thrown.
        An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

org.eclipse.ui.internal.ErrorEditorPart cannot be cast to com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.editors.loop.LoopEditor

2. The second issue is with the ADT generated account form, if I try to view an account right after importing the ADT generated profile that includes the ADT generated account form, I get an error that says that TIM cannot open the form, but if I then open the form in TIM using the TIM forms editor, and save the form (without making any changes), then everything works fine.

Thanks for your help with these issues.
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-27T14:08:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I will take a look at the attribute loop issues as soon as I get some time. The forms issue I have not heard of before but will also look at that.

Dave
  • elibor
    elibor
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-01T18:10:19Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi Dave,
    Starting to work with mighty ADT :). My issue is that I am trying to find a good solution to configure an external properties load before adaptor AL initialization, for example setting task attributes in AL global prolog. ITDI gives you ability to configure Properties : Default store with main.getMetamergeConfig().getExternalProperties().getParameter("prameter") call. Also, my favorite is the AssemblyLine Settings :” Load Task parameter from: “ in AL Configuration tab in ITDI. Another way of loading external parameters will be just open any file system.openFileForInput in global prolog script. Maybe I just could not see any other way of doing it.
    How would you resolve the external properties in AL if you use only ADT without ITDI help? Right now ADT will overwrite this particular configuration in AL which developed in ITDI.
    I hope you understand my question. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Eli Borovikov
  • Matt12
    Matt12
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-19T21:09:04Z  in response to streetglide
    I installed the ADT but when I am trying to create a new project, I am not get to the connector definition panel. It is greyed out and just the Finish button is highlighted. Did anyone encounter this issue before.
  • flames
    flames
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-12T14:26:04Z  in response to streetglide
    All

Is the ADT for ITIM 4.6 and ITDI 6.1.1 still available ? OPAL doesn't list it and the 5.0 and 6.1.1 version doesn't like the installed java versions on a 4.6 deployment.

Thanks in advance.
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-16T12:07:58Z  in response to flames
      flames,

We no longer support the 4.6 version of ADT. That said, there is no reason you cannot use the 5.1 version of ADT to develop a custom adapter. Just don't use the 5.1 features that were added.

Dave
      • flames
        flames
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-19T15:56:05Z  in response to streetglide
        Thanks for getting back to me David.

The problem I'm facing is if I try to install ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI611.exe, no suitable JVM is found ( there is only the TDI IBM 1.4.2 JVM on the box ). So I install a Sun 1.6.x jvm, and the install is fine.

Running the ITIMAdapterDevelopmentTool.exe produces a log ( in <install dir>/configuration ) with an error being thrown:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/ibm/tdi/loader/TDIClassLoadingHook) bad major version at offset=6
        • flames
          flames
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-12-19T15:57:06Z  in response to flames
          The full log file entry:

!SESSION 2011-12-19 15:52:37.295
          eclipse.buildId=unknown
          java.fullversion=J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 build 20040610 (JIT enabled)
          BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
          Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-12-19 15:52:37.592
          !MESSAGE error loading hook: com.ibm.tdi.loader.TDIClassLoadingHook
          !STACK 0
          java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/ibm/tdi/loader/TDIClassLoadingHook) bad major version at offset=6
          at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:59)
          at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:73)
          at java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError.<init>(UnsupportedClassVersionError.java:49)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:211)
          at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:147)
          at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:474)
          at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$500(URLClassLoader.java:108)
          at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:846)
          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:218)
          at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:370)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:601)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:560)
          at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
          at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:116)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.loadConfigurators(HookRegistry.java:176)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.initialize(HookRegistry.java:100)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.<init>(BaseAdaptor.java:89)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)
          at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.createAdaptor(EclipseStarter.java:752)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:282)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:175)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-12-19 15:52:38.951
          !MESSAGE Application error
          !STACK 1
          org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in com.ibm.itim.tools.adt was unable to load class com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.Application.
          at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException.<init>(CoreException.java:43)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:178)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
          at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:191)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
          Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/ibm/itim/tools/adt/Application) bad major version at offset=6
          at java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError.<init>(UnsupportedClassVersionError.java:49)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:211)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:550)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:469)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
          at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:191)
  • abouchard
    abouchard
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-02T15:58:57Z  in response to streetglide
    All,

I just downloaded and install ADT 5.1.2.3. The install went fine, no errors or warning.

The problem I am having is that when I double click the shortcut or the exe file, it won't run. And I don't have any errors in the log. Do you have any hints where I could look to find a solution?

Here is the environment I am working with :

Windows Server 2003 R2
    TIM 5.1
    TDI 7.0

Thanks
    • JunaidJabbar
      JunaidJabbar
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-05T10:57:52Z  in response to abouchard
      Hi

change your java version, i had the same problem and i used older java version, and it resolved my issue.
      it's strange but it worked.

Junaid Jabbar
      custom adapter developer
      Royal Cyber Inc.
      • streetglide
        streetglide
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T18:29:27Z  in response to JunaidJabbar
        Greeting all,

This is Dave, the ADT developer. Just wanted everyone to know I am making some updates to ADT and I think I have found the issue that has been causing problems exporting ALs as well as other errors. The next version will require Java 1.6 be installed on the client system. Will post when I get something updated on OPAL.

Thanks,
        Dave
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          233 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T13:56:47Z  in response to streetglide
          Hi,

I'm having issues with ADT not working with ITDI 7.1.1. Is that version not supported, or am I just doing something wrong? This is on a 64-bit Windows 2008 R2.

-Jani
          • streetglide
            streetglide
            81 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T15:25:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            The current version of ADT does not support TDI 7.1.1. However, I have a new version that should support it. It is not yet on OPAL. If you are an IBM employee you can contact me at dsaucier@us.ibm.com and I will try to get you a copy. If you are not an IBM employee you will need to wait till OPAL is updated or have your IBM rep contact me.

Thanks,
            Dave
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              233 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T18:21:45Z  in response to streetglide
              Thanks for the speedy reply Dave. I'm currently working for an IBM business partner, so it worth having my IBM contact get in touch with you or is OPAL going to be updated in the very near (1-2 weeks) future?

-Jani
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-22T07:33:47Z  in response to streetglide
    Hello,
    I have a question on ADT 5.1.2.3 running on Windows XP : why jar is not created when doing an export of the project?
    I need to modify the standard tam combo profile for TIM 5.0 and I'm using ADT 5.1.2.3 for TDI 6.1.1 on Wondows XP.
    I'm using SUN java 1.6 update 37 and latest Fix Pack on TDI 6.1.1 (FP10).
    I'm not able to export the jar after I finished modifying it (I saved and validated the project before trying to export).
    It seems that ADT creates the xml files and schema files in a profile folder, but not the jar.
    I could create the jar myself, collecting all these files, but I wonder if there is an issue with ADT, as
    with ADT for TIM 4.6 the export option of the ADT created the jar.
    Has the export function changed in new ADT version?
    Also, I could only see my changes opening the Search.xml file with TDI V7, not with TDI V6.1.1, which seems strange as the ADT used is for TDI V6.1.1.
    (I couldn't find any documentation or tutorial on new version of ADT)
    Thanks
    Daniela
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-22T18:44:11Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi All,
    I am facing an issue with ADT 5.1.2.3. I have installed TDI 7.1, java(64 bit) and ADT installed on Windows 7(64 bit) machine.
    I am not able to launch ADT. When I click on ADT to start this, it never gets launched. When I observe the Task manager, I find that ADT process gets killed as soon as it is created.

Does anybody have clue for this?

Thanks & Regards
    Shyamal
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-30T02:16:15Z  in response to streetglide
    I installed Adapter Development Tool - ADT5123_ITIM51_TDI71 on windows 7. The install was successful, no error in install log. However, when I try to launch ADT the GUI does not come up. There is no error, nothing.
    Keep in mind neither TDI nor RMI dispatcher is installed on the PC (windows 7). These are installed on Sun Server (Sun OS) but during install TDI URL was asked for.

Is there a way URL to TDI on the server may be indicated or there has to be TDI installed on the PC. What about RMI Dispatcher.
    On the Sun Server where I have TIM/LDAP/TDI installed, can run ADT there.

Thanks for help.
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-30T12:52:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Which version of TDI are you using? There are issues using 5123 with TDI 7.1.x. I have uploaded a new windows version (5124) to OPAL but itis still in the review phase. Hopefully will be there soon. Another thing you can check is the JVM on the machine. I know you need at least 1.5. If you have 1.6 all the better.

I have not yet tested the 5124 Linux version so it has not been uploaded yet.

Dave
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T16:43:02Z  in response to streetglide
        Thanks Dave!

Please do let me know when ADT 5124 for windows 7 is ready. I am using java 1.6. The other thing is that I do not have TDI on my windows, is there a way to point to the TDI 7.1 that I have installed on Sun OS. If not then along with ADT 5124 I will need TDI 7.1 for windows 7 as well. Our TIM, DTI etc are installed on SUN OS, is there a way to get ADT and TDI GUI on the server itself.

Appreciate your help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T04:31:46Z  in response to streetglide
    I am using ADT on Windows with ITDI 7.1 and ITIM 5.1.
    My service form has a Multivalued attributes and I have added 5 values to this attribute on the service. I can see the 5 values added to the attribute on the service entry in LDAP. I am trying to pass this attribute to the Dispatcher. The attribute gets passed to the attribute but only single value of the attribute could be retried in the Operation Assembly Line. When I print the attribute value, I just get one value and other 4 values are lost. I have tried passing this attribute as a Dispatcher attribute and also as a Key Attribute. In both the cases only one value gets passed.

schema.dsml:

<!--******************************************-->
    <!--****** MyAttrib ******-->
    <!--******************************************-->
    <attribute-type single-value="false">
    <name>MyAttrib</name>
    <object-identifier>MyAttrib-OID</object-identifier>
    <syntax>1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15</syntax>
    </attribute-type>

In the Log files:

S_ALNAME:Reconcile Accounts

S_TCBPROPERTIES
    S_ATT:searchfilter:S_VALUE:
    S_ATT:$metamerge.taskcallblock:S_VALUE:1.0
    S_ATT:operation:S_VALUE:search
    S_ATT:requestID:S_VALUE:3658260303583224400
    S_ATT:searchbase:S_VALUE:

S_WORKENTRY_ATTR
    MyAttrib:unchanged:txn3:S_OPCODE:UNDEFINED, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----ONLY ONE VALUE Received.
    eruid:unchanged::S_OPCODE:UNDEFINED,
    Please let me know how can I pass a Multivalued attribute to the Dispatcher and work with all the values that I receive?
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T13:55:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      This issue is not an ADT question. Please open a ticket with the ITIM L2 support team.

Thanks
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T16:48:15Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi,

Please after importing the adapter into ITIM, set the defaults for the adapter first and then try to create any account, it will work 100%.

Thank you
        Junaid Jabbar
        Custom Adapter Developer
        Royal Cyber Inc.
        +92-342-2917750
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T16:51:07Z  in response to streetglide
        Hi,

As long as reconcile is concerned contact me personally.

Regards,
        Junaid Jabbar
        Royal Cyber Inc.
        +92-342-2911750
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    233 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T16:49:31Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi,

Please after importing the adapter into ITIM, set the defaults for the adapter first and then try to create any account, it will work 100%.

Thank you
    Junaid Jabbar
    Custom Adapter Developer
    Royal Cyber Inc.
    +92-342-2917750
  • ycarte@atheos.fr
    ycarte@atheos.fr
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T13:33:13Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi,

(I suppose this post is intended to David Saucier)

I've just download the last version of ADT for windows on OPAL.
    ADT5124_ITIM51_TDI71x.exe

it seems that there is a problem with the installer. It does not ask for TDI path, and thus refuses to install.

Is there a way to either provide a response file, eiter correct the package

Thank you
    Yann
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T13:42:05Z  in response to ycarte@atheos.fr
      Yann,

I am running the 5.1.2.4 installer right now and it is asking for the TDI path every time. Can you provide the path where your TDI 7.1.1 is installed? Maybe there is something wierd there.

Dave
  • ycarte@atheos.fr
    ycarte@atheos.fr
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T13:40:13Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi,

The installer package of ADT 5.1.2.4 for ITIM 5.1 and TDI 7.X on Windows (ADT5124_ITIM51_TDI71x.exe) does not work.
    It does not ask for the path where TDI is installed. As my TDI is installed in a custom directory (E:\IBM\TDI), ADT refuses to install.

Could you help me with this issue ?

Thanks
    Yann
  • ycarte@atheos.fr
    ycarte@atheos.fr
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T13:56:13Z  in response to streetglide
    Hi David,

TDI is version 7.1 Fixpack 7 and is installed in E:\IBM\TDI71\
    I don't know why I'm not asked for TDI location (environment variable, ?)

All ITIM 5.1 components are installed on the same box. Can WAS JVM cause troubles ?

I have tried this new version cause v5.1.2.3 could not export assembly lines anymore (empty xml files were produced)

Thanks
    Yann
    • streetglide
      streetglide
      81 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T14:53:37Z  in response to ycarte@atheos.fr
      I found the issue in the 5.1.2.4 installer when it cannot find TDI in any of the known locations. I sent a new version to the ISM Librarian to update it. It will probably take a few days. I will post again if I hear anything. You may contact your IBM rep if you need it before that and they can try to get a copy for you.

Thanks,
      Dave
      • ycarte@atheos.fr
        ycarte@atheos.fr
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T15:07:19Z  in response to streetglide
        Thank you Dave,

Hope this new version will be available quick!

Yann
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        233 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-21T15:15:44Z  in response to streetglide
        Hey Dave,

I downloaded 5.1.2.4 and it asks for the path just fine. But it refuses to start at all. The task just flashes in task list (64bit Win2008 R2)
        The only log is:
        2012-11-13 13:06:09,551 INFO http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer - Initializing TDI...
        2012-11-13 13:06:09,552 DEBUG http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.utils.GeneralUtils - Loading property file: C:/Program Files (x86)/IBM/TDI/V7.1\etc\global.properties
        2012-11-13 13:06:09,553 DEBUG http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.utils.GeneralUtils - Loading property file: solution.properties
        2012-11-13 13:06:09,554 ERROR http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.utils.GeneralUtils - Property file not found: solution.properties
        2012-11-13 13:06:17,637 INFO http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer - Read stash file
        2012-11-13 13:06:18,278 DEBUG http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer - Finished setting up keystore
        2012-11-13 13:06:18,394 INFO http://com.ibm.itim.tools.adt.TDIInitializer - TDI Initialization complete

Which is something ancient from last year, probably something left over from your development.

This is how I've setup log4j (only made a few changes, but it still wont write the log:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, Default

1. This is the default logger, you will see that it logs to AdapterDevelopmentTool.log
        log4j.appender.Default=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
        log4j.appender.Default.file=logs/AdapterDevelopmentTool.log
        log4j.appender.Default.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
        log4j.appender.Default.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %-5p %c - %m%n
        log4j.appender.Default.append=false

1. Uncomment the lines below to activate them

1. Here is an example on how to make a logger that logs to the console
        log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
        log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
        log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %t %-5p - %m%n0

// This is the logging setting for the ITDI specific classes
        log4j.logger.com.ibm.di.config=ERROR

// Adapter Development Tool Classes
        log4j.logger.com.ibm.itim.tools.adt=DEBUG
        log4j.logger.com.ibm.doctool=DEBUG
        Any other file contents, just ask.
        • streetglide
          streetglide
          81 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-21T15:26:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi,

1. ADT has not been tested with Windows 8, only windows 7 (I dont even have access to windows 8 yet)

2. There should be a log file under the workspace/.metadata folder. See if you can find that. If the app does not start due to an eclipse related issue there should be a log there. You should not need to modify the log4j settings. If it does not start then there will be no log4j logging
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            233 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T09:19:06Z  in response to streetglide
            Hi,

I found the log directory, but there is no log written for the install, uninstall or start attempt of ADT.

I will try at some point to install and run ADT on my laptop itself (the Win2008 is a dev VM). See if that makes a difference.
            • streetglide
              streetglide
              81 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T11:05:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              To those who had trouble installing ADT 5.1.2.4 in a non default location, I just received notice that ADT 5.1.2.4 was updated this morning. Please try again with this copy and let me know if it installs now to a non-default location.

Thanks,
              Dave
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                233 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T17:06:00Z  in response to streetglide
                Hi,

I downloaded the new version and it has made no difference to my starting problem (install location is default and TDI detection works).

Also, Win2008 R2 is not Windows8.. I don't know about the underlying engine, but the UI is Windows 7-like.. and the date of release doesn't support any "engine" side commonalities with Windows8.

I have yet to test on Windows7, I will do so in the next few days.

-Jani
  • Sigmaomega
    Sigmaomega
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T19:54:09Z  in response to streetglide

Hello,

Recently installed ADT 5.1.2.4 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with TDI 7.1.1 installed locally.  Install seemed to have completed successfully and I can open ADT.  However, when I attempt to save a project, I receive the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-04-22 15:29:18.586
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat

After thumbing through a few posts on DeveloperWorks, I noticed that some responses or solutions have been related to missing xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar.  I've also attempted to run as administrator, it seemed to do some extra processes at the beginning (connecting to TDI resources and other things), but still failed on save with the same error.

Let me know if you want more information and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

• jani73
      jani73
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-28T11:18:12Z  in response to Sigmaomega

Same here.. I try to save and I get a "Save Failed org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat" pop-up.

EDIT: Found the problem and a workaround. It seems the ADT 5.1.2.4 requires a 32-bit IBM Java 1.6. You can acquire this from any 32-bit TDI 7.11 installation. The best way for me was to copy the JRE folder from the TDI to the ADT install folder. That way the ADT works even if your ADT dev machine's TDI is 64-bit (though this means you have to get the 32-bit java from another TDI installation).

Updated on 2013-07-03T08:55:50Z at 2013-07-03T08:55:50Z by jani73
      • VarunTIM
        VarunTIM
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-29T06:09:49Z  in response to jani73

Hey Signomega,

Has this work around worked for you? Please let me know?

I am struggling with the same issue where on saving the project in ADT I am getting the below error:

Save Failed
        org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat

Please suggest what needs to be done as I dont have a 32 bit TDI 711 installed anywhere.

Thanks

Varun Saxena

• Sigmaomega
          Sigmaomega
          2 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-30T15:35:30Z  in response to VarunTIM

Unfortunately, I believe this lies with ADT specifically, though I can't say for sure.  Yet, using the jre file from a 32bit TDI 7.1.1 install makes sense.  I've tried other jre files from different JRE install packages with no success.  JRE files from Oracle seem to cause the initialization of ADT to fail.  Maybe Streetglide could shed some light on this, right now we're falling back to 6.1.1 until this has the possibility of being addressed with the ADT install package.

Thanks,

-SO

• jani73
          jani73
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-12T10:41:23Z  in response to VarunTIM

Theoretically I could zip up the 32-bit java directory and share it, but I'm not sure about the legality of such a move and don't want to get jacked by the copyright mafia.

• NilayGosalia
            NilayGosalia
            2 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-13T18:17:32Z  in response to jani73

Hi,

Anyone able to resolve this issue. I am also facing issue while trying to save changes in ITIM Adapter Development Tool.

<Error>

Save Failed
            org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat

<Error>

• vishwanath.babali@ilantus.com
              1 Post
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-28T19:42:08Z  in response to NilayGosalia

Copy the "\TDI\V7.1.1\jvm\jre"(TDI 32 bit  software) folder into "\ITIM Adapter Development Tool\" path. This should resolve the

"Save Failed org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat" issue.

Thanks,

Vishwanath Babali

• This reply was deleted by NilayGosalia 2013-08-14T13:56:30Z.
    • Ericvd
      Ericvd
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-09T13:23:59Z  in response to Sigmaomega

Hi Sigmaomega,

Thank you for this suggestion it worked Windows 7 too. just installed it do it's default location.

Eric

**Edit**  Still cant get the save function to work. I get a serialization error every time I try to do so..

Updated on 2014-10-20T14:42:16Z at 2014-10-20T14:42:16Z by Ericvd
  • daniela17
    daniela17
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

ADT5123 (ITIM51 TDI71) doesn't start on 64 bit Redhat 6.1 machine

‏2013-08-20T10:25:20Z  in response to streetglide

Hello,

I correctly installed ADT 5123 on a 64 bit Redhat 6.1 machine also running TDI 7.1 (64 bit version) + FP7 .

As I  first received the error : Cannot load 32-bit SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM , I specifyed in the PATH an IBM 32 bit Java jre :

eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.fullversion=JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Linux x86-32 jvmxi3260sr14-20130704_155156 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
    J9VM - 20130704_155156
    JIT  - r9_20130517_38390
    GC   - GA24_Java6_SR14_20130704_1138_B155156
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

But When I start ADT I see error :

!MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
            /opt/IBM/ADT51_70/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/42/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3650.so (libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            swt-pi-gtk (Not found in java.library.path)
            /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-pi-gtk-3650.so (libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            /tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-pi-gtk.so (/tmp/swtlib-32/liblibswt-pi-gtk.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I read somewhere that I should install packages gtk2.i686 and libXtst.i686 to fix the missing object issue.

unfortunately I got some pre-requisite checks trying to install them and, as this machine is running other customer business, I'd like to understand if it's possible to have a list of ADT pre-requisites and supported platform before going on with attempts to get it working...  

for example: is TDI 7.1 64 bit supported or it's better to install a 32 bit version? (even if rhel machine is 64 bit)

which java should I use?   I understand it should be 32 bit, any preference for the version? 1.6.x  ?

are there any prerequisite packages  I need to install ? (I only installed TDI documented pre-requisites).

I understand ADT is an  "as-is" product but maybe some basic prerequisites should be documented somewhere.

Thanks for your comments on this.

• MichaelCraghead
    MichaelCraghead
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-29T22:09:12Z  in response to streetglide

I'm using ADT for the first time (v5.1.2.3) and I'm running into an issue. I have a set of general directions I received from someone else (who isn't around) on creating a project and the steps that I need to do. I've created a component template for my project using an LDAP connector (I'm not sure how much of this, if any, is relevant to my problem so I'm providing background from just prior to the problem). I did some configuration by setting up a parameter for LDAP URL. I mapped it to erURL and requested that the service attribute be used as the value. I setup dispatcher parameters for my service (URL, UID, PWD, use secure) from the service object class.

The problem comes when I try to setup the processing components for each of my operations. I click the Add Template Component... button. The Select Default Component dialog box is displayed. I see the Base LDAP Connector in the box and I enter "create" as the component name. I click "OK", but nothing is added to the list of components that will be executed. What am I doing wrong or is missing to cause "create" not to be displayed in the list?

Thank you.

Updated on 2013-10-30T13:09:51Z at 2013-10-30T13:09:51Z by MichaelCraghead
  • lotim
    lotim
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-22T21:16:01Z  in response to streetglide

Custom adapter not returning failure of add operation to the itim request

Hi,

I am developing a custom itim 5.1 adapter and I have a strange problem in my add operation.
    My add operation consists of a command line connector that calls a custom application.

My application is returns a status in the command.output conn variable and if the value is != "" then I would 
    like to return a message to ITIM and I try to call process error but my add request in ITIM does not receive and status back from 
    the TDI dispatcher. The ivmdi.log indicates a timeOut situation. I can't seem to return the error message to my itim request so that it fails.
    The request is in pending state and I need to cancel the request manually.
    The success state is returned to ITIM and puts my itim request i success state, but in case of failure the process error is not returned to ITIM.

Does somebody know why the failure is not sent to tim?

The ibmdi.log:

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 INFO  [xxxxxx] - Entry properties:

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 INFO  [xxxxxx] - REASON_MESSAGE: 'com.ibm.di.adapter.ADD_FAILED'

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 INFO  [xxxxxxxxx] - REASONCODE: '100'

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 INFO  [xxxxxxxxx - REASON_MESSAGE_ARGS: '[add Error: {

"status": "fail",

"connectorname": "xxxxxxx",

"operation": "callreply",

"exception": "com.ibm.di.exception.ITDIAgentException: add Error",

"message": "add Error",

"class": "com.ibm.di.exception.ITDIAgentException"

}]'

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 INFO  [xxxxxx] - STATUSCODE: '2'

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 INFO  [xxxxx] - CTGDIS004I *** Finished dumping Entry

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 ERROR [xxxx] - Exception in ThreadMonitoring :null

2013-11-22 21:26:49,924 ERROR [xxxx] - Throwable in ThreadMonitoring null

2013-11-22 21:31:27,880 INFO  [xxxxx] - Time Out:60  request id:107451394125032775 Dispatcher Interrupts Thread due to AL TimeOut.  Service Name :my service Assembly Line Name is :Create New xxxx

2013-11-22 21:31:27,880 INFO  [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/Create New xxxx ent2_107451394125032775_fc633b3a-2a6a-11b2-0d7c-0000ac108698.2] - CTGDIS100I Printing the Connector statistics.

2013-11-22 21:31:27,880 INFO  [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/Create New xxxx ent2_107451394125032775_fc633b3a-2a6a-11b2-0d7c-0000ac108698.2] -  [newAccount] CallReply:1, Errors:1

2013-11-22 21:31:27,880 INFO  [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/Create New xxxx ent2_107451394125032775_fc633b3a-2a6a-11b2-0d7c-0000ac108698.2] - CTGDIS104I Total: CallReply:1, Errors:1.

2013-11-22 21:31:27,880 INFO  [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/Create New xxxx ent2_107451394125032775_fc633b3a-2a6a-11b2-0d7c-0000ac108698.2] - CTGDIS101I Finished printing the Connector statistics.

2013-11-22 21:31:27,880 INFO  [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/Create New xxxx ent2_107451394125032775_fc633b3a-2a6a-11b2-0d7c-0000ac108698.2] - CTGDIS080I Terminated successfully (1 errors).

• adityagtm1
    adityagtm1
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-24T12:38:50Z  in response to streetglide

Hi,

ADT is not returning schema when I query schema of HTTP Client Connector.

If I do the same in TDI, I get objects like http.body, http.bodyAsString, http.body.response etc, but not getting these in ADT.

ADT Version: 5.1.2.3

IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator Version: 7.1.1

Thanks & Regards

• frankenstein007
    frankenstein007
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-05-28T11:41:17Z  in response to streetglide

Hi Dave,

I am trying to develop a custom connector in ADT.for a application and i am facing a strange issue.

Here is what i am actually trying to do

I have created a custom connector for an application from ADT which actually connects to the applications database of the type MSSQL.
    Tried deploying the connector to ISIM and everything went fine i can see all the attributes and custom objectclasses created in the backend.

So i tried to do a test connection from ISIM for the custom adapter and i see the below error.
    java.lang.unsupportedoperationexception: JRE version 1.6 is not supported by this driver use the sqljdbc4.jar driver, which provides support for jdbc 4.0. View JVM logs for details.

I started to try from tdi as ADT also has a backend TDI based connectors, and I get the same error from TDI as well.

I found that for tdi to communicate with the latest MSSQL version db's we need to have a jar called sqljdbc4.jar instead of sqljdbc.jar . I replace the jar  file with the sqljdbc4.jar and now i am able to connect to db from tdi

So from TDI i am able to connect to the db and do all the operation like add,delete and modify the data in the table.

I installed RMI dispatcher in the same tdi machine and tried to point my ISIM to this rmi dispatcher and did a test connection from isim  and its failing again with the same error.
    i tested my rmi dispatcher and it seems to be working fine. So i tested my connector from isim by pointing it to an older version of MSSQL and its working fine and i am able to connect and do operations from ISIM.

But it is failing only for the latest version of MSSQL eventhough the sqljdbc4.jar is present in TDI jars

ADT Version: 5.1.2.4

IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator Version: 7.1.1

ISIM: 6.0

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Frank.

• EshVid
      EshVid
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-12T15:43:44Z  in response to frankenstein007

Hi Frank,

Were you able to fix this issue? I am facing a similar issue. I am trying to connect to my MS SQL Server DB 2008 R2 from ADT version 5.1.2.4

but it always throws me an error "Unable to connect to Database. The SQL server version is not supported". I have sqljdbc4.jar inside the jvm i copied on the ADT installed folder. 

I gave the same connection details and it works through jdbc connector of TDI 7.1.1 from the same machine. Please help

Thanks a lot.

Updated on 2014-09-12T15:45:22Z at 2014-09-12T15:45:22Z by EshVid