8 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-05-22T12:37:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1084 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Welcome to the Telelogic DOORS discussion forum

‏2008-11-03T13:23:56Z |
Welcome to the Telelogic DOORS discussion forum

This forum can be used to discuss topics and share experiences related to Telelogic DOORS and for sharing information about best practices in requirements engineering.

We expect that the forum will be used for obtaining answers to specific Telelogic DOORS technical questions. IBM Tech Support will NOT be monitoring this place with a promise to answer all questions; instead the intent is to have customers help one another out by sharing wisdom, technical solutions, and lessons learned.

Best Regards,
Andy Gurd
Senior Product Marketing Manager for Requirements Management, Rational Systems Marketing
IBM Rational Software
Updated on 2009-05-22T12:37:30Z at 2009-05-22T12:37:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • dpechacek
    dpechacek
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Welcome to the Telelogic DOORS discussion forum

‏2008-11-03T14:01:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This is it? One forum? What happened to the separated forums for different topics? General Discussion, Administration, DXL, Bug Reports, etc?

You guys are going to have to do a lot better than this.
    • kbmurphy
      kbmurphy
      165 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-03T14:32:15Z  in response to dpechacek
      Completely agree with David.

Also, folks, you can expect the old forums to go away completely. There is a LOT of valuable DXL/DOORS knowledge there. And it's just going to be gone in a year.

Please use my site (http://www.baselinesinc.com) and others to store DOORS information. Since the old forums aren't going to be around forever, and in fact, you can't even reply to current discussions...in my mind, it has just been shown over and over that Telelogic cannot be completely trusted with this data.

I have a DXL repository and can post a discussion forum as well. If you're interested, please post here or email me at kevin.murphy@basleinesinc.com and let me know. I will only do it if people are genuinely interested.

My promise to you--even if I get out of this whole Requirement Management business, I will keep our data online as long as I am able to.
      • dpechacek
        dpechacek
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-03T17:58:13Z  in response to kbmurphy
        You can still make posts. Just not sure for how long since they did say it was switching to read only.
        • kbmurphy
          kbmurphy
          165 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-03T20:00:33Z  in response to dpechacek
          Ah, you can make posts. I just took Telelogic's/IBM's word for it. I also noticed that as of this morning, DOORS 8.1-9.1 are all available for download. Which, again, is not what they said would be happening.
          • pete.kowalski
            pete.kowalski
            16 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-03T23:41:07Z  in response to kbmurphy
            I agree with dpechacek. We need to increase the granularity of these forums.

I looked at DOORS 9.1 earlier today for about an hour. Not much to get excited about. I see it has a new feature; History Check. Go to Tools -> Check data against history... when you are in a module. I don't remember seeing this in previous versions.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1084 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-03T18:21:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Andy, I fully agree with the other postings. The existing forum structure needs to be maintained including the ability to post dxl, and as the existing forums provide a valuable resource they really must be moved over and not lost. Anything else would be a retrograde step.
    • msiegel
      msiegel
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-11-05T23:31:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hello all,
      I'm writing as forum thread police. This is the welcome thread that will remain stuck towards the top of the forum. I've started separate threads for two of the open topics about our online DOORS community:
      how many forums
      legacy forum info

Henceforth, please post new thoughts about those topics in those threads. Other, unrelated items should be put in a new, well-labeled thread.

Personally, I find that forums are more useful and easier to navigate if people make a real effort to confine topics to the well-named subject under which they fall. Am I being too picky or bossy here?
      Yours, Marc
      Marc Siegel
      IBM Rational developerWorks Community Manager
      408.705.0666 (personal cell), email: marcsiegel at us.ibm.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1084 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-05-22T12:37:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi! I am an 18 yr stay at home mom that returned to corporate america 3 years ago - that said, I still have a lot to learn! When I chose my screen name for this forum I didn't realize I could use my real name! So much of this tech stuff is meant to be elusive! May I change from "DOORs" to eearle? If so, how? I really like having this forum available - there are times that we work harder not smarter just because we are not aware of little things available to us in DOORs! Hope someone replies!! Elysa Earle