I'm running into a problem similar to what ssterry saw with TDP for Dominio 5.5/TSM 5.5 Windows 2003 (post at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14073196).
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64 without Hyper-V (Intel E7310 x64 processor)
Windows SQL Server 2005 SP2 x64
TSM Server 22.214.171.124
TSM Backup-Archive Client 126.96.36.199
TSM API 188.8.131.52
Data Protection for MS SQL 5.5.1 (installed 5.5.0 from CD for licence and then 5.5.1 from download)
I get the following error:
ACO5716W An error was encountered with Tivoli Storage Manager API initialization, rc = 106.
Examine the dsierror.log for more information or determine if the TSM API is installed properly.
I get the error with both the GUI and command line. The dsierror.log is empty - no log files are updated. The BA client is working properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the BA and TDPSQL clients. I've also rerun the BA client installer and completed a repair (based on something read in another post to fix the API). Right-clicking on C:\Program Files\Common Files\Tivoli\TSM\api64\apienu.dll and choosing Properties indicates the file version is 184.108.40.206. (I'm used to the API folder being located in C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql - haven't found any documentation to confirm/deny folder location has changed - for trial and error sake, copied folder to C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql without change in behavior.) I'm unsure of another means to determine that the API is installed properly.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Pinned topic TDP for MS SQL 2005 5.5.1/TSM BA 220.127.116.11 Windows 2008
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-03-27T19:55:23Z at 2013-03-27T19:55:23Z by SystemAdmin
Re: TDP for MS SQL 2005 5.5.1/TSM BA 18.104.22.168 Windows 20082008-11-03T16:01:36ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.FYI, here's how I installed the software to avoid the error. I uninstalled everything I previously installed including the BA client which appeared to be working correctly. I opened an administrator command window (right click on command prompt shortcut and choose run as administrator). Do this even if you are logged onto a Windows Server 2008 box with an account in the administrators group. Run the installers from this command window.
Every time you want to use the TDP for SQL client, either the GUI or the command line, you will have to open them from the administrator command window.
I hope this information helps others.