Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-10-27T14:01:22Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
10114 Posts

Pinned topic Does the PS3 Cell BE support all of the Security SDK features?

‏2008-10-24T14:41:02Z |
If not, does it support any? If so, which? Thanks!
Updated on 2008-10-27T14:01:22Z at 2008-10-27T14:01:22Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10114 Posts

Re: Does the PS3 Cell BE support all of the Security SDK features?

‏2008-10-27T01:33:40Z  
    I'm not sure but I think it supports all features except for hardware PRNG. But this is a good question.

Anyway, the recent series of articles on Cell/B.E. Security SDK makes really appealing to develop on it.

Personnally I have a PS3 and made few developments on Cell BE and I would like to develop something using the encryption capabilities but the drawback is that in order to use the real encryption you have to obtain the CDA version of the Cell/B.E. Security SDK (which is different from the public SDK) and I don't where/how to get this SDK ??? :(
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10114 Posts

‏2008-10-27T13:22:28Z  
    I'm not sure but I think it supports all features except for hardware PRNG. But this is a good question.

Anyway, the recent series of articles on Cell/B.E. Security SDK makes really appealing to develop on it.

Personnally I have a PS3 and made few developments on Cell BE and I would like to develop something using the encryption capabilities but the drawback is that in order to use the real encryption you have to obtain the CDA version of the Cell/B.E. Security SDK (which is different from the public SDK) and I don't where/how to get this SDK ??? :(
    Yea... how do you go about getting the CDA version of the Security SDK?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10114 Posts

‏2008-10-27T14:00:03Z  
    Locke411 -- I sent you a private message.

All,

The Cell Security SDK is, as the name implies, a security matter. One should therefore expect that access to it is restricted to companies of a size that can accept the liability of improper or inadvertent disclosures, and who have a valid application in development. In practice, this means that purely academic work with the Security SDK is highly limited.

In terms of PS3, I cannot comment on if the Security SDK runs on it. However, given the above, one can safely assume that the companies using the Security SDK are developing on the eventual deployment platforms: commercial, not consumer, hardware.

Hope that helps!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10114 Posts

‏2008-10-27T14:01:22Z  
    don't know ! but i'm interested too.