IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-21T21:57:46Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
16727 Posts

Pinned topic RFT incompatible with Siebel Web 7.8 & Siebel Web 8.0

‏2008-10-21T13:51:02Z |
Hi to all...I have a 'little' problem: I'm using RFT 7.0.1.2 to create Automatic scripts that have to run on Siebel 8.0 . During this activity I found that RFT cannot recognize any object's property but .class and .classIndex . In particular, the object's properties are catched by RFT, but they have 'null' value( for example the '.text' property).

Siebel Web needs a component called STA to be compatible with Automation tools (such as RFT), and two parameters need to be set to TRUE in Siebel Server Configuration File: enableAutomation and allowANonUser. After doing that, is needed to append to URL the String 'SWECmd=AutoOn', in order to enable Automation on Siebel.

All of these requirements are OK, however I cannot record the scripts, because they aren't recognized as I need by RFT.

Someone can help me solving this problem?
In attachment there is a screenshot of two objects' properties catched by RFT on Siebel 8.0: the first is a '#32770' object, the second is an 'edit' object ( Html object ) .

Thanks a lot,
Alessandro
Updated on 2013-02-21T21:57:46Z at 2013-02-21T21:57:46Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re: RFT incompatible with Siebel Web 7.8 & Siebel Web 8.0

‏2008-10-24T09:38:11Z  
    Problem solved with STA libray of Siebel
    Bye
    Omar
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2008-12-17T15:33:27Z  
    Hi Omar,
    I am also facing the similar problem with RFT 7.0.1.2.
    As you have tried it with STA and it works can you please advise
    1. How do we procure STA Library?
    2. Do you know if it is licensed separately?
    3. Is there any additional cost if we have to procure STA Library?

Thanks,
    Nitu.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2008-12-17T18:03:48Z  
    Hi Omar,
    I am also facing the similar problem with RFT 7.0.1.2.
    As you have tried it with STA and it works can you please advise
    1. How do we procure STA Library?
    2. Do you know if it is licensed separately?
    3. Is there any additional cost if we have to procure STA Library?

Thanks,
    Nitu.
    Hi,
    You read that guide: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/07/0109_saracevic/

Quote:
    *Installation of the IBM Rational Functional Tester V7.0.
    *The Siebel extension is available as Rational Functional Tester add-ons (available only as a floating license). The extension enables Rational Functional Tester to recognize Siebel Standard Interactivity (SI) and High Interactivity (HI) objects in Siebel applications. The basic Rational Functional Tester installation would be able to navigate these controls only with coordinate-based clicks and would not be able to extract data from them.
    *The STA library installed on the Siebel server, along with the Siebel Web Engine component (SWE).

The Siebel extension for RFT is already included(over 7.0.1)
    I think that the license Siebel is Free. You question to Oracle.
    I used, with success, R. F.T for Automatic test in more environment(CRM Siebel 7 and last 8, Web Portal and GUI .net.

Bye
    Omar Feroci
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2013-02-15T03:42:02Z  
    Hi,
    You read that guide: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/07/0109_saracevic/

Quote:
    *Installation of the IBM Rational Functional Tester V7.0.
    *The Siebel extension is available as Rational Functional Tester add-ons (available only as a floating license). The extension enables Rational Functional Tester to recognize Siebel Standard Interactivity (SI) and High Interactivity (HI) objects in Siebel applications. The basic Rational Functional Tester installation would be able to navigate these controls only with coordinate-based clicks and would not be able to extract data from them.
    *The STA library installed on the Siebel server, along with the Siebel Web Engine component (SWE).

The Siebel extension for RFT is already included(over 7.0.1)
    I think that the license Siebel is Free. You question to Oracle.
    I used, with success, R. F.T for Automatic test in more environment(CRM Siebel 7 and last 8, Web Portal and GUI .net.

Bye
    Omar Feroci
    Hi,

I have the Siebel STA library installed.

Please see I am installing RFT 8.2 , would like to know at which stage I can add the Siebel Extention / Add-On in RFT during installation?

Rgds,
    Simmer
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2013-02-21T21:57:46Z  
    Hi Omar,

Need your help wrt 1 query.

To automate Siebel 8.0 using RFT 8.2.2 in which eviorment coding needs to be done Java or .Net?

Which lauguage you are using Java or .Net ?

Please guide.

Thanks