Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2008-10-17T17:55:47Z by StanleyGambarin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9394 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic maximum number of characters in the link file (at least on WM2003) is 255

‏2008-10-16T18:48:14Z |
Hi
I am trying to read tags using java (SMDK) application on handheld device. The mobile component sends tag reads up to Premises v6 in the same manner as a fixed reader. That is, tags are published over MQtt to the Topic. I tried running java (SMDK) application on reader (MC906R) running Windows CE 4.2 .
I am runing java application using WSDD and it creates .lnk file. I started java application by click on .lnk file and It is working.

See the following link file.

214#"\Program Files\J9\PPRO10\bin\j9.exe" "-classpath" "\Java\RfidCapture.jar" "-jcl:ppro10" "-jcl:ppro10" "-Djava.library.path=\Windows" "-classpath" "\Java\symbolclasses.jar;\Java\RfidCapture.jar;\Java\wmqtt.jar" "com.ibm.rfid.symbol.handheld.TagCaptureMain"
I have added some code(additional jar file) for sending message over MQtt to the Topic on premises server.
I tried running that java application on handheld device which comes bundled with a version of IBM's J9 JVM .I am getting like below. I added some additional jar file into lnk file (used bundles jar file for micro broker) by manually editing that lnk file. I started my java application using same lnk file

See the following link file.

214#"\Program Files\J9\PPRO10\bin\j9.exe" "-classpath" "\Java\RfidCapture.jar" "-jcl:ppro10" "-jcl:ppro10" "-Djava.library.path=\Windows" "-classpath" "\Java\symbolclasses.jar;\Java\RfidCapture.jar;\Java\wmqtt.jar;\Java\org.eclipse.soda.sat.core_1.0.0.200705020020.jar;\Java\org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.1.100.v20060601.jar;\Java\com.ibm.rfid.mbaf_6.0.1.v200706052129.jar" "com.ibm.rfid.symbol.handheld.TagCaptureMain"

it is my understanding that the maximum number of characters in the link file (at least on WM2003) is 255

Any help would be appreciated. I am very curiously awaiting reciprocation!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Error message:

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
J9 - VM for the Java(TM) platform, Version 2.2
(c) Copyright IBM Corp. 1991, 2004 All Rights Reserved

Target: 20040706_1503_lEdFMq (Windows CE 4.20 build 0 arm)

IBM is a registered trademark of IBM Corp.

Java and all Java-based marks and logos are trademarks or registered

trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Usage: \Program Files\J9\PPRO10\bin\j9.exe options classname http://args...

Usage: \Program Files\J9\PPRO10\bin\j9.exe options -jxe:<jxeFile> http://args...

options

-classpath <path>

-cp <path> set classpath to <path>.

-jxe:<jxeFile> run the named jxe file.

-D<prop>=<val> set the value of a system property.

-debug:<options> enable debug, JDWP standard <options>.

-jcl:<config>:options

specify which JCL DLL to use (e.g. cdc, cldc, ...).

-verbose:class,gc,stack,sizes

enable verbose output (default=class).

-verify enable class file verification.

-X print help on non-standard options.

Thanks & Regards
Karthik
Updated on 2008-10-17T17:55:47Z at 2008-10-17T17:55:47Z by StanleyGambarin
  • StanleyGambarin
    StanleyGambarin
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: maximum number of characters in the link file (at least on WM2003) is 255

‏2008-10-17T17:55:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    • that seems to be my understanding as well (255 char limit)
    • you can try to rename .jar files to something shorter, so
    that the resulting file is < 255 characters long.
    • we (apogee.com) also provide some customized versions of J9
    which allows VM to read the arguments from the file, instead
    of command line, thus removing 255 character limit.