Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2008-11-05T22:08:11Z by SystemAdmin
Ray.Wurlod
Ray.Wurlod
18 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic POST Actions

‏2008-10-05T06:12:26Z |
(Posted on behalf of a friend, since I was uncertain of the answer or where to look.)
In Pattern Action Reference manual the term "POST actions" is used, and the manual explains that POST actions must occur prior to any pattern-action sets (in the PAT file) and are preceded by the line \POST_START and followed by the line \POST_END.
My question is, what do the POST actions do, and when are they executed? For example are they executed once for each token set, or after each pattern-action set?
(Thank you for your time.)
Updated on 2008-11-05T22:08:11Z at 2008-11-05T22:08:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: POST Actions

‏2008-11-05T22:08:11Z  in response to Ray.Wurlod
    Please advise if I am over-simplifying the answer to your question

Typically the post actions generate the phonetic code. If you search for \POST_START in USNAME you will see the following. this information must be located before the main body of the rules, but is not directly related to any particular action set. Instead just before the row exits the rule, it generates the specified output fields.

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Phonetic Codes
    ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\POST_START
    NYSIIS {MatchFirstName} {MatchFirstNameNYSIIS}
    RSOUNDEX {MatchFirstName} {MatchFirstNameRVSNDX}
    NYSIIS {MatchPrimaryWord1} {MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS}
    RSOUNDEX {MatchPrimaryWord1} {MatchPrimaryWord1RVSNDX}
    NYSIIS {MatchPrimaryWord2} {MatchPrimaryWord2NYSIIS}
    RSOUNDEX {MatchPrimaryWord2} {MatchPrimaryWord2RVSNDX}
    \POST_END