Topic
  • 15 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-29T07:47:05Z by JayeshSharma
Tivolinewbie
Tivolinewbie
81 Posts

Pinned topic Monitoring Microsoft Exchange Cluster server

‏2008-09-22T09:37:51Z |
Please anyone had installed monitoring agent for Microsoft Exchange cluster server can help me? I'd install agent on two node, and configured them for main_exchange document's guide. When i tested failover so Cluster resource didn't startup on the new server.
Updated on 2012-03-29T07:47:05Z at 2012-03-29T07:47:05Z by JayeshSharma
  • Roseberry
    Roseberry
    311 Posts

Re: Monitoring Microsoft Exchange Cluster server

‏2008-09-22T11:06:34Z  
    Have you checked the document: ITM61AgentInMSClusteredEnv.pdf (somewhere on IBM site)?
    Have you configured the Cluster Resource to start the agent on the failover server? Have you defined CTIRA_HOSTNAME and CTIRA_HIST_DIR variables?

• - - - - - -
    Luc Roseberry
    Roseberry International
    http://www.roseberry-international.com
  • Tivolinewbie
    Tivolinewbie
    81 Posts

‏2008-09-23T10:15:50Z  
    • Roseberry
    • ‏2008-09-22T11:06:34Z
    Have you checked the document: ITM61AgentInMSClusteredEnv.pdf (somewhere on IBM site)?
    Have you configured the Cluster Resource to start the agent on the failover server? Have you defined CTIRA_HOSTNAME and CTIRA_HIST_DIR variables?

• - - - - - -
    Luc Roseberry
    Roseberry International
    http://www.roseberry-international.com
    Hi, I'd resolved this error. It only needed upgrate version Tivoli agent for Exchange.
  • Tivolinewbie
    Tivolinewbie
    81 Posts

‏2008-09-30T03:58:47Z  
    Hi, I'd resolved this error. It only needed upgrate version Tivoli agent for Exchange.
    In TEP's workspace have information of Information Store and version of Exchange server, but don't occur data of IS Mailbox, IS Public.
    Who has the same problem can sharing to me? Please!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6056 Posts

‏2009-05-14T08:13:19Z  
    In TEP's workspace have information of Information Store and version of Exchange server, but don't occur data of IS Mailbox, IS Public.
    Hi, did you find the solution for your issue?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6056 Posts

‏2009-05-20T17:28:11Z  
    Hi,

I have the same issue, I have data of Information Store and Database workspaces, but don't have data of IS Mailbox, and IS Public, Can you help me?
  • Tivolinewbie
    Tivolinewbie
    81 Posts

‏2009-05-25T04:19:19Z  
    Hi,

I have the same issue, I have data of Information Store and Database workspaces, but don't have data of IS Mailbox, and IS Public, Can you help me?
    what's version Exchange?
  • YevgeniySemerikov
    YevgeniySemerikov
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-13T11:33:05Z  
    Hi, you have any solutions for this problem?

I'm have two exchange 2007 failover clusters and agents 620 and 620 on different clusters and have same problem.
  • JayeshSharma
    JayeshSharma
    9 Posts

‏2012-03-14T08:30:57Z  
    Hi, you have any solutions for this problem?

I'm have two exchange 2007 failover clusters and agents 620 and 620 on different clusters and have same problem.
    it seems that you are using the CCR environment.

Please run the following command Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus..

And provide the following parameters in the agent configuration panel on the nodes configured in the cluster environment.

1. Identity value (Returned by above command) as an Exchange Server Name (i.e. on 1st Tab)

2. Cluster Server Name (i.e. on 3rd Tab) as name given to the cluster (in customer environment)

3. Exchange Sub System ID (i.e. on 3rd Tab) as host name (i.e. Machine name on which agent is running)

Note:- In CCR environment, configured user( provided in the agent configuration panel) should have the mailbox on the clustered mailbox server and also should be a member of local administrator group of the machines configured in the cluster environment along with the exchange privileges as mentioned in the user guide. Also the same user should be used as agent service start-up.
    (For more details please refer the exchange server agent user guide).

Regards,
    Jayesh Sharma
  • YevgeniySemerikov
    YevgeniySemerikov
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-14T08:53:06Z  
    This changes not take effect. But now "IS Mailbox" navigator have situation "EX_IS_Mail_Store_State_Critical" and empty all tabs.

Cluster is not in CRR environment, here are cluster description by our exchange admins:

Exchange 2007 SP3 Single Copy Cluster on Windows Server 2008 R2
    3 Nodes – 2 Active, 1 Passive.

Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus output:
    Identity : CLMB1
    ClusteredMailboxServerName : CLMB1.TESTEXCHANGE.LOCAL
    State : Online
    OperationalMachines : {EXNODE1 <Active>, exnode2, exnode3 <Quorum O
    wner>}
    FailedResources : {}
    OperationalReplicationHostNames : {}
    FailedReplicationHostNames : {}
    InUseReplicationHostNames : {}
    IsValid : True
    ObjectState : Unchanged
  • JayeshSharma
    JayeshSharma
    9 Posts

‏2012-03-14T10:26:28Z  
    This changes not take effect. But now "IS Mailbox" navigator have situation "EX_IS_Mail_Store_State_Critical" and empty all tabs.

Cluster is not in CRR environment, here are cluster description by our exchange admins:

Exchange 2007 SP3 Single Copy Cluster on Windows Server 2008 R2
    3 Nodes – 2 Active, 1 Passive.

Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus output:
    Identity : CLMB1
    ClusteredMailboxServerName : CLMB1.TESTEXCHANGE.LOCAL
    State : Online
    OperationalMachines : {EXNODE1 <Active>, exnode2, exnode3 <Quorum O
    wner>}
    FailedResources : {}
    OperationalReplicationHostNames : {}
    FailedReplicationHostNames : {}
    InUseReplicationHostNames : {}
    IsValid : True
    ObjectState : Unchanged
    Hi,

As you are using SCC..and you have 2 active nodes and Passive node..so in that case you need to provide the mailbox server name of each active node as Exchange Server name in the agent configuration panel.

we see that the you have configured the agent as per the steps mentioned in the ITM61AgentInMSClusteredEnv.pdf.

Have you configured any script as a resource in the cluster environment? if yes,then you have to provide the cluster name and subsystem id as follows in the script:-

1. strCluster (this will be a cluster name)
    2. strSubSystemID (this will be a host name for that active node)
    3. strHistDir (location from shared disk, create ‘History’ directory in shared disk)

Regards,
    Jayesh Sharma
  • YevgeniySemerikov
    YevgeniySemerikov
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-15T06:53:32Z  
    Thx for help, now two active nodes monitored normally, but if one of them move to passive node then agent fails to start. If i configure agent on passive node to one of active, then that node monitors normally when moved, but if i moved second node then agent fail to start. How i can configure agent on passive node to work normally for two nodes on it?
  • JayeshSharma
    JayeshSharma
    9 Posts

‏2012-03-15T12:10:31Z  
    Thx for help, now two active nodes monitored normally, but if one of them move to passive node then agent fails to start. If i configure agent on passive node to one of active, then that node monitors normally when moved, but if i moved second node then agent fail to start. How i can configure agent on passive node to work normally for two nodes on it?
    Hi,

Have you configured the script as a resource for the passive node in the cluster environment?

Also the same setting should be provided in the script for the passive node which i had mentioned for the active nodes i.e.

3. strHistDir (location from shared disk, create ‘History’ directory in shared disk)

4. Also the provide the mailbox server name of the passive node in the agent configuration panel ( like you have configured for the active node)

Regards,
    Jayesh Sharma
  • YevgeniySemerikov
    YevgeniySemerikov
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-15T12:17:07Z  
    Hi,

Have you configured the script as a resource for the passive node in the cluster environment?

Also the same setting should be provided in the script for the passive node which i had mentioned for the active nodes i.e.

4. Also the provide the mailbox server name of the passive node in the agent configuration panel ( like you have configured for the active node)

Regards,
    Jayesh Sharma
    I'm only configured service in cluster environment, where i can get script file?
  • YevgeniySemerikov
    YevgeniySemerikov
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-16T12:51:21Z  
    I'm created a vbs-script which copy config files to agent directory before agent start. After agent start i see all information about moved Exchange resource except mailbox details in "IS Mailbox" navigator item. In this case "IS Private" in "IS Mailbox" navigator item shows all mailbox storages.
  • JayeshSharma
    JayeshSharma
    9 Posts

‏2012-03-29T07:47:05Z  
    I'm created a vbs-script which copy config files to agent directory before agent start. After agent start i see all information about moved Exchange resource except mailbox details in "IS Mailbox" navigator item. In this case "IS Private" in "IS Mailbox" navigator item shows all mailbox storages.
    Have you configured the Exchange agent 32 or 64 bit..please confirm

Have you configure the MAPI profile? Please confirm

Can you please send us the agent logs and mailbox_details.log generated at logs (logs should be generated with maximum trace enabled), this will help us to investigate the issue...