• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-20T08:23:15Z by XYKY_Hardik_Pathak
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts

Pinned topic ITDI : Failed to find assembly line .FAIL_TO_FIND_AL_CONF

‏2008-09-12T12:14:42Z |
Hi there,

I have recently developed an adapter using ITDI JDBC connector to reconcile users. However I am having a wierd error and finding no clue on why it is happening. The reconciliation works fine in one environment. However it doesn't work in another environemnt.

I saw the following error :-
<Trace Level="MIN">
<Time Millis="1221219737799"> 2008.09.12 13:42:17.799+02:00</Time>
<Server Format="IP">alpoly01</Server>
<ProductId>CTGIM</ProductId>
<Component>com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.provider.itdiprovider</Component>
<ProductInstance>server1</ProductInstance>
<LogText><![CDATA[null com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.provider.RequestStatus (status=2></LogText>
<Source FileName="com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.provider.itdiprovider.ItdiSearchResults" Method="ItdiSearchResults"/>
<Thread>MessageListenerThreadPool : 1</Thread>
</Trace>

<Trace Level="MIN">
<Time Millis="1221219737800"> 2008.09.12 13:42:17.800+02:00</Time>
<Component>com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.ejb.mediation</Component>
<LogText><![CDATA[search status was UNSUCCESSFUL, reason 101 com.ibm.itim.itdiProvider.FAIL_TO_FIND_AL_CONF search]]></LogText>
<Source FileName="com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.ejb.mediation.ServiceProviderReconciler" Method="processReconciliationQuery"/>
</Trace>

<Trace Level="MIN">
<Time Millis="1221219739454"> 2008.09.12 13:42:19.454+02:00</Time>
<Component>com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.ejb.mediation</Component>
<LogText><![CDATArequestID 6223515859727547228 completed with errors]></LogText>
<Source FileName="com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.ejb.mediation.ServiceProviderReconciler" Method="reconcile"/>
</Trace>

Any clue on this. Why it is not getting the assembly line configuration.
Updated on 2011-01-20T03:20:05Z at 2011-01-20T03:20:05Z by Ayush_tachyon
  • yn2000
    yn2000
    1086 Posts

Re: ITDI : Failed to find assembly line .FAIL_TO_FIND_AL_CONF

‏2008-09-12T13:24:35Z  
    Hi Rajeebbaral,
    I am not sure what you meant by "The reconciliation works fine in one environment. However it doesn't work in another environment." Which other environment? Another ITIM? Another ITDI? or Another RDBMS?
    I believe when it says FAIL_TO_FIND_AL_CONF, it should mean fail to find AssemblyLine :-)
    Please check the naming convention in service.def file with the name of the AssemblyLine.
    Hopefully it helps.
    YN.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2008-09-12T20:07:59Z  
    It appears that either your service profile is missing the "search" assembly line, or the dispatcher doesn't know about it yet. Have you updated the service profile in TIM without restarting the TDI instance that is running the dispatcher?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2008-09-13T04:19:27Z  
    It appears that either your service profile is missing the "search" assembly line, or the dispatcher doesn't know about it yet. Have you updated the service profile in TIM without restarting the TDI instance that is running the dispatcher?
    Hi,

We have two environment with same versions of ITIM, ITDI, ITDS and DB2 except one is Solaris and other is Windows.
    But see a difference when run the reconciliation assembly line.

To give you a background, we have one adapter that support Add and Delete in earlier releases wWhere we used script connectors. Now in this release we have reconciliation requirement where we used a JDBC connector. So basically this modification is done on the top of existing profile. I am wondering if by anychance it's not getting appropriately imported to ITDS. That's why a question.

I understand that FAIL_TO_FIND_AL_CONF is Assembly Line not found. I know that AL configuration settings are in service.def. So nothing funny here. Just wondering if anything else could be a problem from environment perspective.
    I doubled check the service.def file on assembly line and connector configurations.

Dev- As you said I restarted the ITDI after importing the new profile.

So share your experiences.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2008-09-16T11:27:29Z  
    Hi,

We have two environment with same versions of ITIM, ITDI, ITDS and DB2 except one is Solaris and other is Windows.
    But see a difference when run the reconciliation assembly line.

To give you a background, we have one adapter that support Add and Delete in earlier releases wWhere we used script connectors. Now in this release we have reconciliation requirement where we used a JDBC connector. So basically this modification is done on the top of existing profile. I am wondering if by anychance it's not getting appropriately imported to ITDS. That's why a question.

I understand that FAIL_TO_FIND_AL_CONF is Assembly Line not found. I know that AL configuration settings are in service.def. So nothing funny here. Just wondering if anything else could be a problem from environment perspective.
    I doubled check the service.def file on assembly line and connector configurations.

Dev- As you said I restarted the ITDI after importing the new profile.

So share your experiences.
    FIXED IT
  • Ayush_tachyon
    Ayush_tachyon
    24 Posts

‏2011-01-20T03:20:05Z  
    FIXED IT
    Hi Rajeeb,

I am getting a similar error and can you please share what you did to fix the problem. To give you a background I am customizing the LDAP connector for a unsupported customized LDAP target of the client. The user provisioning and recon features are working fine but I am also required to do group management.

Now I have modified the group assembly lines in the same way (they work fine on TDI), but when I import the profile and do anything with groups it gives this error:

com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.provider.itdiprovider.ItdiProviderException: CTGIMT603E The agent was not uploaded to IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator.::type=com.ibm.itim.itdiProvider.FAIL_TO_FIND_AL_CONF, reason=CONFIGURATION_ERROR, nestedException=null
    at com.ibm.itim.remoteservices.provider.itdiprovider.ItdiServiceProvider.getConfigFromLDAP(ItdiServiceProvider.java:2431)

I can't figure out what is wrong - I have checked the service.def, schema.dsml and the assembly lines are present in ITIM Ldap tree after I import the connector profile. I am using TIM 5.1 with TDI 7.0.

Please help!

Thanks in advance...
    Ayush
  • XYKY_Hardik_Pathak
    XYKY_Hardik_Pathak
    2 Posts

‏2014-08-20T08:23:15Z  
    FIXED IT

Hi, Could you please mention what fixed your issue ?

Thank you