3 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-09-10T13:19:18Z by jmac_EmeriCon
afroz@mq
afroz@mq
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic purging Workflow system_log

‏2008-09-09T11:10:27Z |
Hi ,
Im trying to delete/purg system_log from workflow using fmcautil , but im getting timeout error ,

Can any one tell how to delete/purg.

In our system_log table we have cores of logs records does it cause any impact on the system , like problem in login to workflow.

Regars
Zorfa
Updated on 2008-09-10T13:19:18Z at 2008-09-10T13:19:18Z by jmac_EmeriCon
  • jmac_EmeriCon
    jmac_EmeriCon
    26 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: purging Workflow system_log

‏2008-09-09T22:58:06Z  in response to afroz@mq
    It is not clear to me from your post if you are doing this already or not. But the following has always worked for me:

1. Fire up fmcautil
    2. Select option "l" System Log Commands Menu
    3. Select option "p" Purge

If you are already doing this and getting a time out, the only issue I can think of would be some type of Database connectivity issue.

Regards

John McDonald

EmeriCon, LLC
  • afroz@mq
    afroz@mq
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-09-10T03:30:50Z  in response to afroz@mq
    Hi John ,
    thnks for the reply ,

We have already performed the same steps wht u have written , but as u told we got timeout error , each time ,as we have huge no of records in our system_log table .

do we have any alternate way to purge them if yes ..please any one can suggest please.
    2. Does these logs cause any performance impact on workflow/application which are connecting to Workflow ,

Please do the needful.

Sdrager
    Zorfa
    • jmac_EmeriCon
      jmac_EmeriCon
      26 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-09-10T13:19:18Z  in response to afroz@mq
      I think you should be fine if you empty the table using SQL. The general recommendation is to never touch the database directly, but in this case it may be your only recourse.
      The following command should do the trick.... NOTE that I urge you to test this on a non production system first.
      DELETE FROM FMC.SYSTEM_LOG SYSTEM_LOG

This table should be emptied based on the Message retain period which defaults to 1 week. If the content of this table is quite large, and you have the value set to 1 week then I would think you have a problem.

Regards

John McDonald

EmeriCon, LLC