we have a DS4700 with a SATA expansion configured as RAID5 with two spares. Now following happend:
- one drive had an "impending drive failure"
- I've manually failed the drive and a hotspare drive started automaticly to reconstruct the RAID
- after the successful rebuild I've pulled the drive out of the array
- we contacted the support and got a new drive
- then we entered the new drive into the array
- right after the array recognices the new drive the copyback operation started
- everything looked good (I saw the time symbol at the volume description)
- after some time the time symbol disapeared and everything in the properties says optimal
- the new drive is marked with the "yellow replaced symbol"
- the hotspare is still in use (the drive is gry with the red hotspare symbol on the bottom)
- the Recovey Guru reports reports that there is a hot spare in use
- if I click on the Recovery Guru an then on the hot spare in use point the window loads and loads and loads but no recovery steps are shown
Now I'm pretty unsure what to do. I've waited two days but nothing happens.
I've added a screenshot to this post. Could anyone give me an advice? thx