Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-09T15:29:04Z by skyron
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3234 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Blade Center USB Dongle Problem

‏2008-08-20T18:47:14Z |
I am using IBM blade servers but the problem is Unfortunately there is no parallel or USB ports and the USB ports that are available in IBM Blade Center are not/can’t be dedicated to any of the servers, and i have to run 4 servers requires USB hard lock dongle to attached. can anyone help me in this regard ??
Updated on 2012-12-09T15:29:04Z at 2012-12-09T15:29:04Z by skyron
  • pavel.alexei
    pavel.alexei
    97 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Blade Center USB Dongle Problem

‏2008-08-20T19:49:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If you’ll lock through this forum, you’ll found that this question was several times opened here.
    Unfortunately even front USB ports on chassis, which could be managed to any blade server, are no compatible with all USB devices.
    The only really working way out for USB dongles are network dongle solution. I don’t know what dongle are you using, but for example Aladdin has network dongles and I think it’s not the single case.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3234 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-09T11:00:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Can you please let me know if you have resolved issue with USB. I'm also having the same issue.

can we dedicate a usb for a particular blade,if so for many blades we can assign dedicated usb devices?

I would appreciate your help.
    Regards
    Rocky
    • skyron
      skyron
      100 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-09T15:29:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi!

Which blade are you using? The new ones (HS22/HS23) have a USB port inside the blade. Though it's meant for the hypervisor USB, you can use it for other purposes as well.