IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 17 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-24T07:10:15Z by finnthehuman
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5837 Posts

Pinned topic SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued.

‏2008-08-01T12:03:38Z |
Hi. I have installed express C db2 data server but i cannot create a database at control center.

The error, that occurs, is the following:

SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued.
SQLSTATE=57019

Explanation:

The start database manager command has not been processed. It must be
processed before a stop database manager, any SQL statement, or utility
can be issued.

The command cannot be processed.

User response:

Issue a start database manager command and resubmit the current command.

If using multiple logical nodes, ensure the DB2NODE environment variable
is set correctly. The DB2NODE environment variable indicates the node
the application will attempt to connect to. DB2NODE must be set to the
node number of one of the nodes defined on the same host as the
application.

sqlcode: -1032

sqlstate: 57019
The same error occurs, when i press db2start. Could you help me, please?

If a fixpack is needed, could you tell me which is proper?
Updated on 2013-03-05T06:03:40Z at 2013-03-05T06:03:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

Re: SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued.

‏2008-08-01T13:44:52Z  
    spiros, I have to make a few assumptions as you didn't supply the info.

The Default Instance of DB2 was created when DB2 was installed.
    The Operating System is Windows (not Linux/Unix).
    You are trying to create the database in the default DB2 instance.

If any of this is incorrect, then this may not make sense.

I am not sure what you mean when you say you 'press db2start' as I don't know of a db2start button.

Open a DB2 Command window and type: db2start
    (The best place to run DB2START is on the Server where the database is located.)

You should get the message: SQL1063N DB2START processing was successful.

If you can not start the database with DB2START on the server and assuming DB2 is installed correctly with the default DB2 instance, then it is probably a security issue. This is from the Command Reference manual:

"Since db2start launches a Windows service, you must meet Windows requirements for starting a service. If Extended Security is disabled, you must be a member of the Administrators, Server Operators or Power Users group. If Extended Security is enabled, you must be a member of either the Administrators group or the DB2ADMNS group to start the database."

You can also check the Windows Services and see if DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 (the default name) is listed and whether is is set to Disabled, Manual or Automatic.

PS Fixpacks are not available for DB2 Express-C.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-01T14:55:00Z  

I am not sure what you mean when you say you 'press db2start' as I don't know of a db2start button.

(The best place to run DB2START is on the Server where the database is located.)

If you can not start the database with DB2START on the server and assuming DB2 is installed correctly with the default DB2 instance, then it is probably a security issue. This is from the Command Reference manual:

"Since db2start launches a Windows service, you must meet Windows requirements for starting a service. If Extended Security is disabled, you must be a member of the Administrators, Server Operators or Power Users group. If Extended Security is enabled, you must be a member of either the Administrators group or the DB2ADMNS group to start the database."

You can also check the Windows Services and see if DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 (the default name) is listed and whether is is set to Disabled, Manual or Automatic.

Sorry for not explaining. I have already run the "db2start" command on both the command line processor and command window and the same error occurs.

Also, on your previous reply you said that db2 must be installed correctly with the default db2 instance. Is this default instance a part of db2's installation? Maybe, i didn't install db2 correctly. In this case could you explain me how to reinstall db2?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-01T15:11:32Z  
    Sorry for not explaining. I have already run the "db2start" command on both the command line processor and command window and the same error occurs.

Also, on your previous reply you said that db2 must be installed correctly with the default db2 instance. Is this default instance a part of db2's installation? Maybe, i didn't install db2 correctly. In this case could you explain me how to reinstall db2?
    The install panels are fairly strightforward and easy to use. Explaining how to install DB2 Express-C is a little beyond what I can do in this forum. Let's take another approach.

Have you checked Windows Services to see if DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 is listed? If it is what is the status?

On the server type the command DB2ILIST. This will list any instances on the server. At the least you should have have something like DB2.

If db2ilist doesn't show anything, you don't have an instance created and this may be the problem.
    If DB2 is listed, I am not sure why DB2START isn't working.

You can use db2icrt to create an Instance: db2icrt instance-name -p location

instance-name is a name you want the instance to be called.
    location is the path where you want the instance created (d: for example)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-01T15:33:57Z  
    The install panels are fairly strightforward and easy to use. Explaining how to install DB2 Express-C is a little beyond what I can do in this forum. Let's take another approach.

Have you checked Windows Services to see if DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 is listed? If it is what is the status?

On the server type the command DB2ILIST. This will list any instances on the server. At the least you should have have something like DB2.

If db2ilist doesn't show anything, you don't have an instance created and this may be the problem.
    If DB2 is listed, I am not sure why DB2START isn't working.

You can use db2icrt to create an Instance: db2icrt instance-name -p location

instance-name is a name you want the instance to be called.
    location is the path where you want the instance created (d: for example)
    I typed the command "db2ilist" on the server as you told me. This showed DB2. As for the status of db2 on the list of windows services i don't know how to see it. Anyway is there something i can do to fix the problem. Thanks for helping me!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-01T16:31:59Z  
    I typed the command "db2ilist" on the server as you told me. This showed DB2. As for the status of db2 on the list of windows services i don't know how to see it. Anyway is there something i can do to fix the problem. Thanks for helping me!
    Sorry, I should have mention to display the Services, you would look under Administrative Tools. This might be in different places on different systems. Mine is under Start->All Programs->Administrative Tools->Services.

If the display is not sort by Name, click on the column name to sort it that way. Then look for DB2* items. There should be several but the one you are looking for should be DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 (Others are DB2 Governor, DB2 License Server, DB2 Management Service, DB2 Remote Command Server and/or DB2DAS-DB2DA00).

Find DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 (default name) and look under the status column. The possible statuses are automatic (what you normally want so DB2 Starts when the computer is turned on), Manual (you have to type the DB2START command (if it worked)), or Disabled (you can't start DB2).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-02T10:39:26Z  
    Sorry, I should have mention to display the Services, you would look under Administrative Tools. This might be in different places on different systems. Mine is under Start->All Programs->Administrative Tools->Services.

If the display is not sort by Name, click on the column name to sort it that way. Then look for DB2* items. There should be several but the one you are looking for should be DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 (Others are DB2 Governor, DB2 License Server, DB2 Management Service, DB2 Remote Command Server and/or DB2DAS-DB2DA00).

Find DB2-DB2COPY1-DB2 (default name) and look under the status column. The possible statuses are automatic (what you normally want so DB2 Starts when the computer is turned on), Manual (you have to type the DB2START command (if it worked)), or Disabled (you can't start DB2).
    Hello again, i checked windows services and there are these info:

name : DB2 - DB2COPY1 - DB2-0
    start type : automatic
    connection as : .\db2admin

Also, today i opened a command window and typed db2start and a message appeared which says the following:

"02/08/2008 13:32:12 0 0 SQL8000N DB2START processing failed; a valid product license was not found. If you have licensed this product, ensure the license key is properly registered. You can register the license via the License Center or db2licm command line utility. The license key can be obtained from your licensed product CD.

SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019"

Is there something i should do for the license key or the authorities?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-02T11:36:23Z  
    Hello again, i checked windows services and there are these info:

name : DB2 - DB2COPY1 - DB2-0
    start type : automatic
    connection as : .\db2admin

Also, today i opened a command window and typed db2start and a message appeared which says the following:

"02/08/2008 13:32:12 0 0 SQL8000N DB2START processing failed; a valid product license was not found. If you have licensed this product, ensure the license key is properly registered. You can register the license via the License Center or db2licm command line utility. The license key can be obtained from your licensed product CD.

SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019"

Is there something i should do for the license key or the authorities?
    Sorry but it is wrong word the "authotities". I mean if there is a problem with security issue. I forgot to tell you that on services when i start the db2 nothing happens and a message comes out saying that i must contact with the product manufacturer with error code of the service - 8000
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-04T12:39:22Z  
    Sorry but it is wrong word the "authotities". I mean if there is a problem with security issue. I forgot to tell you that on services when i start the db2 nothing happens and a message comes out saying that i must contact with the product manufacturer with error code of the service - 8000
    spiros, that makes more sense. If you do a search of the forum for "Expired Liscense", you will find a couple of posts on the subject. There seems to be two possibilities.

1) A previous install of DB2 (even a trial version) has left 'stuff' on the system that is interferring with the Liscense check.

2) The Country code of Windows is not one that the installer recognizes.

Hopefully one of these will fix your problem.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-26T11:20:51Z  
    spiros, that makes more sense. If you do a search of the forum for "Expired Liscense", you will find a couple of posts on the subject. There seems to be two possibilities.

1) A previous install of DB2 (even a trial version) has left 'stuff' on the system that is interferring with the Liscense check.

2) The Country code of Windows is not one that the installer recognizes.

Hopefully one of these will fix your problem.
    Hi, my friend, SDas. I was on holiday, so i let the problem be till i return. I read the post you sent me and i have to tell you that i didn't install previous version of db2 express C. In this case can you help me about the country code of windows? There are many messages on the forum about "Expired license" but i didn't find what i wanted. I would like your help, please. :D
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-08-26T12:03:35Z  
    Hi, my friend, SDas. I was on holiday, so i let the problem be till i return. I read the post you sent me and i have to tell you that i didn't install previous version of db2 express C. In this case can you help me about the country code of windows? There are many messages on the forum about "Expired license" but i didn't find what i wanted. I would like your help, please. :D
    Spiros, Unfortunately, no, I don't have any specific information on dealing with country codes. All I know about them is what I have read in this forum.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2008-09-01T08:36:38Z  
    Spiros, Unfortunately, no, I don't have any specific information on dealing with country codes. All I know about them is what I have read in this forum.
    This post you gave me has realy helped me out. Thanks very much for your help and the help of everyone in this forum.

Now that i installed db2, could you help in an other issue?

Well, i want to connect java with db2 server. I have boreland Jbuilder X Enterprise edition as java editor and jdk1.6.0_05 for java compiler. Could you help me make a connection of these 2?

Thank you again for helping me.
  • rfchong
    rfchong
    484 Posts

‏2008-09-01T15:48:00Z  
    This post you gave me has realy helped me out. Thanks very much for your help and the help of everyone in this forum.

Now that i installed db2, could you help in an other issue?

Well, i want to connect java with db2 server. I have boreland Jbuilder X Enterprise edition as java editor and jdk1.6.0_05 for java compiler. Could you help me make a connection of these 2?

Thank you again for helping me.
    Hello,

Please start a new forum thread for this new topic. This way more people will know about the new question/problem and will be able to help.

Cheers,

Raul F. Chong
    DB2 on Campus Program Manager
    Email: db2x@ca.ibm.com
  • vidyasagarpatro
    vidyasagarpatro
    1 Post

‏2011-11-16T06:07:40Z  

Hi SDas, I am sagar

I am using Windows 7 as my operating system.
    I am getting the error as:

SQLSTATE=57019

Explanation:

The start database manager command has not been processed. It
    must be processed before a stop database manager, any SQL
    statement, or utility can be issued.

User Response:

Issue a start database manager command and resubmit the current
    command.

If using multiple logical nodes, ensure the DB2NODE environment
    variable is set correctly. The DB2NODE environment variable
    indicates the node the application will attempt to connect to.
    DB2NODE must be set to the node number of one of the nodes
    defined on the same host as the application.

sqlcode : -1032

sqlstate : 57019

when I type the command to start the database manager then it prompts me : Database manager already active.

what should i do now ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2013-03-05T06:03:40Z  
    Hi SDas, I am sagar

SQLSTATE=57019

Explanation:

User Response:

command.

when I type the command to start the database manager then it prompts me : Database manager already active.

what should i do now ?
    If you are working on On Local Machine(db2cmd) then getting message as
    "SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019"
    Then Please do below steps On Wondow 7 ,
    Go to Control panel -> Administrative tools -> Services -> Select DB2-DB2COPY-DB2 and double Click -> Then click start button -> Ok.
    Then connect to database. it will work.
  • talaa123
    talaa123
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-18T14:49:31Z  
    Hi SDas, I am sagar

SQLSTATE=57019

Explanation:

User Response:

command.

what should i do now ?
    Hi,
    Try these one by one
    1. Open "default db2 database client..." in db2 folder and make sure that db2copy1 is selected.
    2. open administrator command prompt and write the command [I]db2start[/I] and hit enter
    3. open run and type [I]services.msc[/I] which will will open windows services and there check for the service named db2-db2copy1-db2 and open it. Try to start it if that doesn't work go to the logon tab and check the credentials. May be you can try logging with windows account but make sure that your windows account have same user and password as you set in db2.
  • talaa123
    talaa123
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-18T14:49:53Z  
    Hi,
    Try these one by one
    1. Open "default db2 database client..." in db2 folder and make sure that db2copy1 is selected.
    2. open administrator command prompt and write the command [I]db2start[/I] and hit enter
    3. open run and type [I]services.msc[/I] which will will open windows services and there check for the service named db2-db2copy1-db2 and open it. Try to start it if that doesn't work go to the logon tab and check the credentials. May be you can try logging with windows account but make sure that your windows account have same user and password as you set in db2.
  • finnthehuman
    finnthehuman
    1 Post

‏2013-12-24T07:10:15Z  
    If you are working on On Local Machine(db2cmd) then getting message as
    "SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019"
    Then Please do below steps On Wondow 7 ,
    Go to Control panel -> Administrative tools -> Services -> Select DB2-DB2COPY-DB2 and double Click -> Then click start button -> Ok.
    Then connect to database. it will work.

thanks it's working..!! :))