Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-08-15T08:19:55Z by Ray.Wurlod
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
533 Posts

Pinned topic QS 7.5 USADDR.pat inserts word HIGHWAY

‏2008-07-29T12:39:39Z |
I have replaced my rulesets with the original, clean, rulesets that installed with the client and get the same result. I am processing data presented to me as Name, address1, address2, address3, address4 and within the 4 lines of address is contained city, state, postal. In cases where there is a ' ,' space comma anywhere in the address lines, the word HIGHWAY is getting inserted and the city, state, postal is erroneously added to the address domain. I can override the pattern to put the city, state, postal in the area domain, but I still worry that there could be ' ,' in an address that will get HIGHWAY insert erroneously. I can of course replace the ' ,' in the ETL on initial load, but I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this - or if IBM has a ruleset fix available. I am pretty sure the problem lies within USADDR.PAT. Not having gone through 'advanced training' the pattern file looks mostly like gibberish to me. I do see many locations where 'HIGHWAY' is getting replaced into a pattern, but I am not confident that I can fix this myself.

Name Domain Address Domain Area Domain Unhandled Address Data
SMITH PROPULSION PO BOX 1999 JOHNS ISLAND , SC 29457
JOHNS ISLAND SC HIGHWAY 29457
SMITH BROTHERS INC 41515 LIBERTY BELL DRIVE WILLIAMSVILLE , NY 142217090
WILLIAMSVILLE NY HIGHWAY 142217090
Updated on 2008-08-15T08:19:55Z at 2008-08-15T08:19:55Z by Ray.Wurlod
  • Ray.Wurlod
    Ray.Wurlod
    18 Posts

Re: QS 7.5 USADDR.pat inserts word HIGHWAY

‏2008-08-09T01:19:03Z  
    Take a look at the Pattern Action Language manual. It's not all that difficult.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts

‏2008-08-12T13:36:27Z  
    Take a look at the Pattern Action Language manual. It's not all that difficult.
    Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. 80 pages doesn't seem TOO bad. It now seems the issue is created when area info is misidentified in the preprocessor as address info (ie, two word city names). As I handle the field patterns to get the area info into the area domain, while the issue remains, it is resolving as the data gets classified correctly.

-Beth Carey
  • Ray.Wurlod
    Ray.Wurlod
    18 Posts

‏2008-08-15T08:19:55Z  
    Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. 80 pages doesn't seem TOO bad. It now seems the issue is created when area info is misidentified in the preprocessor as address info (ie, two word city names). As I handle the field patterns to get the area info into the area domain, while the issue remains, it is resolving as the data gets classified correctly.

-Beth Carey
    More specifically, then, look at the USPREP rule set. Find out why HIGHWAY (standard form) is being identified as area domain rather than address domain. It may be enough to examine the classification table for USPREP.