• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-09-16T23:36:03Z by RKTONLINE
RKTONLINE
RKTONLINE
5 Posts

Pinned topic Multiple login to IDM Desktop

‏2008-07-24T18:03:59Z |
Hi,
We are facing problem with multiple login to get document using IDM Desktop. We are planning to publish our application, which is using IDM Desktop to access the document, in one machine and mulptiple people will login to that machine (using TSC or some other tool) to access the application.
We've observed that the user who logged in last can access the document and rest of the users are getting error.
Is there any limitation of connections in IDM Desktop?
Thanks for your help.
Updated on 2008-09-16T23:36:03Z at 2008-09-16T23:36:03Z by RKTONLINE
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    42 Posts

Re: Multiple login to IDM Desktop

‏2008-07-24T18:22:11Z  
    You are finding out the hard way that IDM desktop does not work well in a Citrix or virtual environment. From what I have seen it stems back to the way it resolvs the IP address and the login / requests to the root server and how to route them back to the initiator.

It has been done but it is not a supported configuration nor is it problem-free.

With that said I have also heard that if you utilize IDMWS (IDM Web Services) it will by it's very nature and architecture handle the IP and request resolution better (as it is designed to have multiple users connect to it and make multiple requests...)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    42 Posts

‏2008-07-26T04:22:44Z  
    You are finding out the hard way that IDM desktop does not work well in a Citrix or virtual environment. From what I have seen it stems back to the way it resolvs the IP address and the login / requests to the root server and how to route them back to the initiator.

It has been done but it is not a supported configuration nor is it problem-free.

With that said I have also heard that if you utilize IDMWS (IDM Web Services) it will by it's very nature and architecture handle the IP and request resolution better (as it is designed to have multiple users connect to it and make multiple requests...)
    Though IDM desktop is not a supported configuration on Citrix or terminal services but you might get a known issues documents from support team. This might help you in further development of application.
  • RKTONLINE
    RKTONLINE
    5 Posts

‏2008-07-30T17:32:52Z  

Thanks a lot Mark for your reply. I was also thinking in same way but didn't find the exact answer in any Filenet documentation. I checked security log and found that Filenet performs "overwrite_logoff" in case new login made from same machine. I think this is limitation of IDM Desktop.
    Thanks for your help.
  • RKTONLINE
    RKTONLINE
    5 Posts

‏2008-07-30T17:34:13Z  
    Though IDM desktop is not a supported configuration on Citrix or terminal services but you might get a known issues documents from support team. This might help you in further development of application.
    Thanks a lot Deepak for your suggestion. We've already opened ticket with IBM. Let us see when we can find answer. Thanks.
  • RKTONLINE
    RKTONLINE
    5 Posts

‏2008-09-16T23:36:03Z  
    I got confirmation from IBM that it is not possible to make multiple login (different user- using citrix or mstsc) from one machine using IDMDT.