I am contemplating taking this certification: IBM Certified Specialist for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases. It lists the 3 tests: Test 636, 637 & Test 839
I have three questions:
(1) Are there any recommended books for Tests 636 & 637? For Tests 638 I have ordered this book: IBM Rational Unified Process Reference and Certification Guide: Solution Designer By Ahmad K. Shuja & Jochen Krebs.
(2) I am unable to obtain the costs of these tests, or the cost of the web based training indicated (PRJ110v3 and REQ310) even after I registered on the developerworks training site.
(3) It also lists as pre-requisites:
1. REQ480: Mastering Requirements Management with Use Cases
2. REQ370: Essentials of Rational RequisitePro
3. PRJ270: Essentials of Rational Unified Process
But I cannot find online course information or cost. Also, recommended reading for these is helpful.
Any input is much appreciated!
Pinned topic Certification for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2009-07-13T09:58:05Z at 2009-07-13T09:58:05Z by SystemAdmin
Re: Certification for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases2009-04-17T22:27:52ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.I am using the following books for the preparation:
1. Kurt Bitner & Ian Spence's Use Case Modeling.
2. Managing Software Requirements by Dean Leffingwell & Don Widrig
3. The Rational Unified Process Made Easy by Per Kroll et. al.
4. The Rational Unified Process - An Introduction by Phillipe Krutchen.
I am confident that between these and the certification guide, there would be adequate information to get certified.
Hope this helps.
Re: Certification for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases2009-06-08T23:40:05ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Thanks. I currently just have the "Rational Unified Process Reference and Certification Guide" by Shuja and Krebs. They recommend taking the class by IBM for the exam as the book alone may not be suufficient. The class probably costs a bundle!
Re: Certification for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases2009-06-09T20:17:40ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
If you want to know the cost of taking the real test, go to www.prometric.com.
Re: Certification for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases2009-06-26T23:38:35ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hi,
For exam 839, the book recommended by IBM(Kerbs & Shuja) would suffice all your RUP needs. I spent a month on it and was able to pass the exam effectively (76%).
In the exam, you need to watch out for the questions which can be tricky because of the wordings..for eg: "project plan" is actually the "software development plan" and the questions might be very similar but have subtle differences.
Best of Luck !
Re: Certification for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases2009-07-13T09:58:05ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
I have all verified & latest Dump for Rational Requirements Management w/Use Cases Exam/Certification. Pls mail on firstname.lastname@example.org. Can discuss further.
Thanks & Regards