Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-07T14:08:27Z by devMode
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1493 Posts

Pinned topic Navigation to different portal page from Method builder in portlet factory

‏2008-07-16T12:30:51Z |
Hi
I want to navigate from portal page "PageA" to "PageB".
This can be achived using Websphereportal link builder in Page.

Same functionality i want to achive in method or Action builder in Code.
That is after complete of some action or method, i want to navigate directly different portal page which has several portlets.

Please help ASAP..
Thanks in advance
Updated on 2012-09-07T14:08:27Z at 2012-09-07T14:08:27Z by devMode
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts

Re: Navigation to different portal page from Method builder in portlet factory

‏2008-07-16T12:44:27Z  
    I suggest looking at the Cooperative Portlet builders. It does require a UI gesture (link, button), but you can hit one of your model action prior to being sent to the target portal page.

Here's a related article
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/ibm-using-inter-portlet-communication

Tom
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts

‏2008-07-18T09:57:59Z  
    I suggest looking at the Cooperative Portlet builders. It does require a UI gesture (link, button), but you can hit one of your model action prior to being sent to the target portal page.

Here's a related article
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/ibm-using-inter-portlet-communication

Tom
    Hi Tom ,

Thanks for replay

Is there any chance to forward to different "portal page" or node, with out clicking on UI(button or link), but directly from method builder.

The issue is with different "portal pages" or nodes.
    the two portlets are in different "portal pages" or nodes. but not in same "portal page" or node.
    (if it is in 'weblogic portal' , we can call different "portal page" or node directly from method by providing 'page url' to 'forward' object).

Thanks in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts

‏2008-07-18T12:59:29Z  
    Hi Tom ,

Thanks for replay

Is there any chance to forward to different "portal page" or node, with out clicking on UI(button or link), but directly from method builder.

The issue is with different "portal pages" or nodes.
    the two portlets are in different "portal pages" or nodes. but not in same "portal page" or node.
    (if it is in 'weblogic portal' , we can call different "portal page" or node directly from method by providing 'page url' to 'forward' object).

Thanks in advance
    If you need to go to a completely different portal then you can try using the ActionResponse sendRedirect().
    You can get the ActionResponse in a Java method by doing the following:

Object response = webAppAccess.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute(Constants.PORTLET_RESPONSE);

if(response instanceof javax.portlet.ActionResponse)
    {
    javax.portlet.ActionResponse actionResponse = (javax.portlet.ActionResponse) response;
    ……
    }
    Tom
  • devMode
    devMode
    1 Post

‏2012-09-07T14:08:27Z  
    If you need to go to a completely different portal then you can try using the ActionResponse sendRedirect().
    You can get the ActionResponse in a Java method by doing the following:

Object response = webAppAccess.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute(Constants.PORTLET_RESPONSE);

if(response instanceof javax.portlet.ActionResponse)
    {
    javax.portlet.ActionResponse actionResponse = (javax.portlet.ActionResponse) response;
    ……
    }
    Tom
    Hi there,

Could you please post an example of this?
    I can't find a way to make ActionResponse sendRedirect() to work.

Thanks in advance.