4 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-07-10T15:14:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic XML <--> Binary conversion DataPower X150

‏2008-07-08T16:26:29Z |
Hi All,

From the document, I came to know DataPower support XML <--> binary text message conversion. I need to do this for my project. Can do that using XSLT. But I am not sure, XLST will support the binary conversion (using functions).

so, please show me a sample conversion configuration in datapower, that will be great.
If possible, send me releated document/URL.

Cheers,
Bala
Updated on 2008-07-10T15:14:51Z at 2008-07-10T15:14:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • Thiyag
    Thiyag
    25 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: XML &lt;--&gt; Binary conversion DataPower X150

‏2008-07-09T12:28:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You could ideally use a tool such as WebSphere Transformation Extender/Contivo Analyst to create the XSLs for you. You would map the fields to their xml message equivalents and the above tools would usually give you a map of some sort, an ffd(Flat File Descriptor) in the case of Contivo Analyst. It also has the option of generating the corresponding XSL. The XSL would internally reference the ffd for converting the binary to xml or vice versa. You would be using the binary transform action in this case.

I have used this method for converting from flat to XML, I am not sure about other representations, though the tools should support most common binary representations.

Thanks,
    Thiyag
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-07-09T16:02:10Z  in response to Thiyag
      Thanks a lot Thiyag.

I need still more clarification on this. Without this tools (WebSphere Transformation Extender/Contivo Analyst), I can create XSLT (are you thinking any drawback by doing like this)? Datapower is having an in-build XML to binary conversion Action class. The binary format what we are taking about is a preparatory format. In this case datapower don’t support?
      I am not aware of this tools (WebSphere Transformation Extender/Contivo Analyst) functionality or use. Please explain this, if possible.
      If possible throw more light on this.

Thanks,

Bala
      • DaveHubbard
        DaveHubbard
        135 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-07-09T19:00:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Bala

For info on WTX and Contivo have a look at http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=204862

I think the XML -> Binary action expects to get a map created by one of these tools. If you were tempted to use XSLT directly for this you may be able to create the binary output (I think it might get a bit hairy with xsl functions) but they key may be how you'd process the binary response back to XML - XSLT won't work for this.
        Dave
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          6772 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-07-10T15:14:51Z  in response to DaveHubbard
          Thanks Dave.

So, with datapower alone we can do this (XML to Binary to XML). Since DataPower and WTX are IBM products, better to use WTX. Suppose if we are going for WTX, then need to use type designer. Am I correct in this?

Bala