Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-07-08T03:30:22Z by Ray.Wurlod
Ray.Wurlod
Ray.Wurlod
18 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Descriptions of Standardization Output Fields

‏2008-07-03T03:09:51Z |
When you use a Standardization stage (in version 8.x) there are no descriptions for the columns (business intelligence, matching and reporting) on its output link.

Is there any way (other than manually) that these can be added? There does not appear to be any material in the manuals that describes what is in each of these fields. Would it be possible, for example, to extend the comment field in the Dictionary file so that a meaningful description of each field could be supplied there? Then some mechanism for bringing these into a "table definition" as used in the job design would be the kind of thing I seek.

Consider this an enhancement request, if that helps.
Updated on 2008-07-08T03:30:22Z at 2008-07-08T03:30:22Z by Ray.Wurlod
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Descriptions of Standardization Output Fields

‏2008-07-07T12:36:45Z  in response to Ray.Wurlod
    Ray,

Are you asking for business intelligence, matching and reporting to be added to each field in the description or for a description of what NameGeneration is?

Secondly, if you creating a rule set from scratch, what additional metadata would you like to see with a dictionary field?

Regards,

Stewart
    • Ray.Wurlod
      Ray.Wurlod
      18 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Descriptions of Standardization Output Fields

‏2008-07-08T03:30:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Nothing so esoteric, Stewart.

When one imports a table definition, one can add (if they're not already there) descriptions for each of the individual columns.

However, when the table definition comes from a QS dictionary file, there is no mechanism (other than manual) for getting the descriptions of the business intelligence, matching and reporting fields, either before or after saving the table definition to the Repository.

Being a diligent documenter, I'd like the ability to be able to do that. I'm sure it would not be difficult.