Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-19T16:23:54Z by amir_samir
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Create View in Maximo

‏2008-06-30T21:34:33Z |
I have 2 tables. I´m creating one relationship between tables. I´m create a new view using those tables. I´m expanding (the field Extends Object)the table 1 and join to the object table B.

The attributes for joining PROCINDICADOR and PROCVLINDICADOR could not be identified. You should ensure a unique index exists on each table for the columns to be used in the join.

This mensage is pop-up in my screen: I´m create a NDX, but is not sufficient. Help-me please.

Message was edited by: Processor
Updated on 2008-07-03T20:48:20Z at 2008-07-03T20:48:20Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Create View in Maximo

‏2008-07-02T21:26:21Z  
    Hi

This happened to me when i first tried to create a view and as you have found out it doesn't give the results you expect.

Below is a rough guide.

Insert new object.
    Input description.
    Select which object you want to extend - Workorder for example.
    Ensure you set the view at the correct level - System for example.
    I think the view tickbox is ticked when you select to extend an object.
    Uncheck the Automatically Select tickbox
    Enter sql into the View Where text box - (omit the Where keyword)
    Enter sql into the View Select text box - Select <Column A>,<Column B>, etc........
    Enter sql into the View From text box - from <Table A>,<Table B>, etc........
    Save
    You will then be required to shutdown the app server(s) and config the database.

Just think of the 3 text boxes where you enter the sql as being 3 parts of the same SQL statement.
    Select
    From
    Where

Hope this information helps.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-07-03T04:16:11Z  
    Hi

This happened to me when i first tried to create a view and as you have found out it doesn't give the results you expect.

Below is a rough guide.

Insert new object.
    Input description.
    Select which object you want to extend - Workorder for example.
    Ensure you set the view at the correct level - System for example.
    I think the view tickbox is ticked when you select to extend an object.
    Uncheck the Automatically Select tickbox
    Enter sql into the View Where text box - (omit the Where keyword)
    Enter sql into the View Select text box - Select <Column A>,<Column B>, etc........
    Enter sql into the View From text box - from <Table A>,<Table B>, etc........
    Save
    You will then be required to shutdown the app server(s) and config the database.

Just think of the 3 text boxes where you enter the sql as being 3 parts of the same SQL statement.
    Select
    From
    Where

Hope this information helps.
    I made these steps, but the attributes that appeared were the only table in the field Extends Object. I need a view to use in a Result Set, but the fields that appear in my attempt, were the only Extends Object. In the view database was created correctly. It would have another alternative?

Updated on 2008-07-03T04:16:11Z at 2008-07-03T04:16:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-07-03T20:42:33Z  
    I made these steps, but the attributes that appeared were the only table in the field Extends Object. I need a view to use in a Result Set, but the fields that appear in my attempt, were the only Extends Object. In the view database was created correctly. It would have another alternative?

Not sure about result set but I used my view for a lookup (using Field Control) and it works fine.

If you just want to set up a result set have you not considered just doing an SQL query?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-07-03T20:48:20Z  
    Not sure about result set but I used my view for a lookup (using Field Control) and it works fine.

If you just want to set up a result set have you not considered just doing an SQL query?
    I don´t understand... Send me other informations.
  • amir_samir
    amir_samir
    158 Posts

‏2013-08-19T16:23:54Z  

Hi there , i'm facing the same problem now , i have create the view using the steps before , and only fields in the extended table are shown in the attributes tab where the "From" clause containing mulipule tables.

I need to use the view in a custom application to show data from many tables , i have used the relationships scenario but the processing to tooooooooooo slow then i thought using views might enhance the performance.

now i have create the view but i can't reference any field outside the extended object.

any help

amir