Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-16T17:30:02Z by swkim90049
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Adding another report icon to Work Order Tracking toolbar

‏2008-06-18T21:14:16Z |
I'd like to add another report icon link besides the Work Order Details Report on the Work Order Tracking toolbar. Could you direct me to some documentation or give me the steps on how to customize the toolbar if its possible?
Updated on 2011-12-28T15:00:00Z at 2011-12-28T15:00:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • lantic_mea
    lantic_mea
    31 Posts

Re: Adding another report icon to Work Order Tracking toolbar

‏2008-10-09T01:14:33Z  
    I have the same request and would like if someone could help!

Thank you
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-12-19T08:42:09Z  
    I have the same request and would like if someone could help!

Thank you
    Can any one help me to get out from this issue. I want to add a new report icone in the workorder application similar to the report icon availbale for woprint report.
    Thanks,
    Muke
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-01-05T05:31:38Z  
    > Maximo5.2 wrote:
    > I'd like to add another report icon link besides the Work Order Details Report on the Work Order Tracking toolbar. Could you direct me to some documentation or give me the steps on how to customize the toolbar if its possible?

Which exact Maximo version do you use?
  • thakooz
    thakooz
    14 Posts

‏2009-01-05T14:26:49Z  
    Seems pretty simple... go to Report Administration, select the report you want to add to the menu bar, and in the main window just specify 3 options - Toolbar location, image and sequence.
  • thakooz
    thakooz
    14 Posts

‏2009-01-05T14:27:55Z  
    Whoop, I missed that this was 5.2. Might not be the same, and if not, then sorry.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-01-28T13:35:06Z  
    go to Administration -> Reporting -> Report Administration
    find your report name
    In Settings section check the "¿ Direct Print ?" option.

Hope it helps
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-27T07:17:42Z  
    In maximo 7, just run the query below :
    update report r set r.toolbarsequence = 2, r.ql=1 , r.qlloc = 'ALL' where reportname = 'Your report design file name' and appname = 'application in which report is deplyed'
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-12-28T15:00:00Z  
    Hi. Please note that in Maximo 5.2, a Maximo application can only have a single detail report. So in your case of the Work Order Tracking application, since it already has a single detail report in Work Order Details -- you can not add another icon to the application to access another report.

In the Maximo 6 Version, this functionality was enhanced to enable you to add any number of detail or quick link reports from the application's toolbar.

For the latest information on this functionality in Version 7 -- which is often also referred to as Quick Link, Direct Print or Report Toolbar access - click on the link below. Then, access the 'V71 or V75 Report Toolbar Access Direct Print Guides'

http://ibm.co/pxUyp6

Finally, please remember that best practices for Maximo 7 are to define any Browser View, Direct Print or Direct Print with Attachments settings in the reports.xml file. If you define these settings in the Report Administration application or via database scripts, the settings can be over-written during future fix pack or version updates.
  • swkim90049
    swkim90049
    301 Posts

‏2013-10-14T23:11:41Z  
    Hi. Please note that in Maximo 5.2, a Maximo application can only have a single detail report. So in your case of the Work Order Tracking application, since it already has a single detail report in Work Order Details -- you can not add another icon to the application to access another report.

In the Maximo 6 Version, this functionality was enhanced to enable you to add any number of detail or quick link reports from the application's toolbar.

For the latest information on this functionality in Version 7 -- which is often also referred to as Quick Link, Direct Print or Report Toolbar access - click on the link below. Then, access the 'V71 or V75 Report Toolbar Access Direct Print Guides'

http://ibm.co/pxUyp6

Finally, please remember that best practices for Maximo 7 are to define any Browser View, Direct Print or Direct Print with Attachments settings in the reports.xml file. If you define these settings in the Report Administration application or via database scripts, the settings can be over-written during future fix pack or version updates.

Can we add CUSTOM reports this way to Work Order Tracking? We have a Crystal Report we want to include in the toolbar. Or have a toolbar that is a hyperlink that launches in context with the current work order as the unique variable.

• PamDenny
    PamDenny
    3 Posts

‏2013-10-16T14:01:40Z  

Can we add CUSTOM reports this way to Work Order Tracking? We have a Crystal Report we want to include in the toolbar. Or have a toolbar that is a hyperlink that launches in context with the current work order as the unique variable.

Hi.  In the Maximo 7 releases, only BIRT reports can utilize the report icons in an application's toolbar.   This includes Browser View  - which opens the configured report automatically in a separate browser version, along with Direct Print and Direct Print with Attachments.

If you would like custom report types to utilize the Browser View functionality, please enter an RFE (Request for Enhancement) here

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?BRAND_ID=90

Thank you!

• swkim90049
    swkim90049
    301 Posts

‏2013-10-16T17:30:02Z  
    • PamDenny
    • ‏2013-10-16T14:01:40Z

Hi.  In the Maximo 7 releases, only BIRT reports can utilize the report icons in an application's toolbar.   This includes Browser View  - which opens the configured report automatically in a separate browser version, along with Direct Print and Direct Print with Attachments.

If you would like custom report types to utilize the Browser View functionality, please enter an RFE (Request for Enhancement) here

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?BRAND_ID=90

Thank you!

Thanks Pam. I will submit the RFE and see what happens.

Can we run BIRT reports via URL and pass parameter values via URL?

In the meantime, I was able to build a toolbar using the Launch In Context option and running a Crystal Report using the URL method:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_url_reporting_opendocument_en.pdf

I am able to click on a custom Toolbar item and open a Crystal Report for one work order.

These are the instructions I followed to create the toolbar item:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21587373