Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-05-19T16:31:01Z by SystemAdmin
Chemi
Chemi
18 Posts

Pinned topic Generating an Axis WebService

‏2008-06-18T14:03:48Z |
Hi, I am trying to create a WebService using Axis runtime and WAS 6.1 and in the middle of the wizard it fails with following error:

IWAB0489E Error when deploying Web service to Axis runtime
axis-admin failed with {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException java.net.SocketException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Cannot find the specified class com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory

Any comment? Thanks in advance,

Chemi.
Updated on 2009-05-19T16:31:01Z at 2009-05-19T16:31:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • Chemi
    Chemi
    18 Posts

Re: Generating an Axis WebService

‏2008-06-20T13:02:39Z  
    I receive exactly the same problem trying with WAS 7.0 instead of WAS 6.1
    Anybody has been successful with RC7 code?

Thanks,

Chemi.
  • Chemi
    Chemi
    18 Posts

‏2008-06-21T14:31:21Z  
    Same problem with RC0. :-(
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    443 Posts

‏2008-07-09T02:04:05Z  
    • Chemi
    • ‏2008-06-21T14:31:21Z
    Same problem with RC0. :-(
    I have a similar problem. I'm trying to expose a web service using a java proxy, but when I use the testing cliente that comes with RAD 7.5 y get the following exception:

IWAB0135E An unexpected error has occurred.
    java.net.SocketException
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Cannot find the specified class com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory

Any help? The service is very simple, it just returns a String message confirming the access to the service.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    443 Posts

‏2008-07-13T12:59:17Z  
    I have a similar problem. I'm trying to expose a web service using a java proxy, but when I use the testing cliente that comes with RAD 7.5 y get the following exception:

IWAB0135E An unexpected error has occurred.
    java.net.SocketException
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Cannot find the specified class com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory

Any help? The service is very simple, it just returns a String message confirming the access to the service.
    It is by design the JRE must be configured to accept the WAS 61 certificate (as the case in the previous releases). These additional steps are required if you want to use the Web service wizard to retrieve an https WSDL or you want to use Web Services Explorer against a secured WAS server.

This procedure is documented in:

http://wilson.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v7r5mbeta/topic/com.ibm.etools.webservice.was.creation.ui.doc/topics/twsconfigjressl.html

I've included it here for your quick reference (without some screen cap).
    To configure your JRE to accept the WAS 61 certificate:

Launch the ikeyman GUI from your AST eclipse JRE (located at AST_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse\jre\bin\ikeyman.exe).

Click on the "Open a key database file" button:
    Locate the DummyClientTrustFile.jks at your WAS 61 profiles (default might look like WAS_INSTALL_DIR\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\etc\DummyClientTrustFile.jks):
    When prompted for the password, enter "WebAS".

Choose "default_signer" from the "Signer Certificates" list and click on the "Extract..." button. You can save the certificate file on your local file system but remember the location since you need to use that again in a later step.

Click on the "Open a key database file" button and locate the eclipse JRE cacerts (located at AST_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse\jre\lib\security\cacerts)
    When prompted for the password, enter "changeit"

Click the "Add..." button and locate the certificate you extracted back in step 5, you can enter your own label for it.

Your JRE can now accept the server certificate automatically. Please note that the certificate might restrict to the same host name on the certificate (which would be the host name including domain).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    443 Posts

‏2009-05-19T16:31:01Z  
    It is by design the JRE must be configured to accept the WAS 61 certificate (as the case in the previous releases). These additional steps are required if you want to use the Web service wizard to retrieve an https WSDL or you want to use Web Services Explorer against a secured WAS server.

This procedure is documented in:

http://wilson.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v7r5mbeta/topic/com.ibm.etools.webservice.was.creation.ui.doc/topics/twsconfigjressl.html

I've included it here for your quick reference (without some screen cap).
    To configure your JRE to accept the WAS 61 certificate:

Launch the ikeyman GUI from your AST eclipse JRE (located at AST_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse\jre\bin\ikeyman.exe).

Click on the "Open a key database file" button:
    Locate the DummyClientTrustFile.jks at your WAS 61 profiles (default might look like WAS_INSTALL_DIR\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\etc\DummyClientTrustFile.jks):
    When prompted for the password, enter "WebAS".

Choose "default_signer" from the "Signer Certificates" list and click on the "Extract..." button. You can save the certificate file on your local file system but remember the location since you need to use that again in a later step.

Click on the "Open a key database file" button and locate the eclipse JRE cacerts (located at AST_INSTALL_DIR\eclipse\jre\lib\security\cacerts)
    When prompted for the password, enter "changeit"

Click the "Add..." button and locate the certificate you extracted back in step 5, you can enter your own label for it.

Your JRE can now accept the server certificate automatically. Please note that the certificate might restrict to the same host name on the certificate (which would be the host name including domain).
    Hi,
    I was also facing the same issue. However, when I tried doing the tasks as mentioned by the Lady/Gentleman with a nickname webservice, I landed into an issue, where ikeyman.bat launches the window but the UI is all blanked out with no text on it. By trial I could able to configure upto loading the dummyclient certficate. Is there anything I am missing here?
    Thanks
    Gopala...