Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-06-22T15:49:10Z by PedroAfonso
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
10114 Posts

Pinned topic No spuxlc found when building mapReduce

‏2008-06-02T22:44:13Z |
I am trying to build mapreduce (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mapreduce-cell). I am cross-compiling from Fedora 7 on an x86 host for the Cell simulator (SDK 3.0). I had to change a couple of the makefiles to point to the right location of make.footer. After that, I ran make, and got this from make.footer:649

Error: No spuxlc found.

I ran

locate spuxlc

which returned nothing. Does spuxlc come with SDK 3.0? How do I install spuxlc?

Thanks,
Scott
Updated on 2010-06-22T15:49:10Z at 2010-06-22T15:49:10Z by PedroAfonso
  • CellServ
    CellServ
    1346 Posts

Re: No spuxlc found when building mapReduce

‏2008-06-03T14:57:12Z  
    XLC is now a licensed product and no longer provided for free in the SDK.

See the page XL C/C++ for Multicore Acceleration for Linux for more information about XLC and how to obtain a trial version. Until then you can use GCC (unless that code requires XLC).

--
    IBM SDK Service Administrator
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10114 Posts

‏2008-06-05T18:08:14Z  
    • CellServ
    • ‏2008-06-03T14:57:12Z
    XLC is now a licensed product and no longer provided for free in the SDK.

See the page XL C/C++ for Multicore Acceleration for Linux for more information about XLC and how to obtain a trial version. Until then you can use GCC (unless that code requires XLC).

--
    IBM SDK Service Administrator
    Thanks - I changed the spu compiler to gcc in the top level makefile. There were still a bunch of errors during the build. They all seemed to be coming from compilation of the benchmarks (spu code), where some spu intrinsics were not getting recognized. I added "#include <spu_intrinsics.h>" to the *_spu.c source for each to the problematic benchmarks and the build completed.
  • PedroAfonso
    PedroAfonso
    1 Post

‏2010-06-22T15:49:10Z  
    Thanks - I changed the spu compiler to gcc in the top level makefile. There were still a bunch of errors during the build. They all seemed to be coming from compilation of the benchmarks (spu code), where some spu intrinsics were not getting recognized. I added "#include <spu_intrinsics.h>" to the *_spu.c source for each to the problematic benchmarks and the build completed.
    Hi there,

I just built the MapReduce over Cell! I'm doing a Msc thesis on MapReduce over Cell. How was the utility for you of this system? Could you please tell me if it was easy for you to apply new problems?

thank you very much!!!

best regards