Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-05-20T03:33:37Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
262 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Expired Password

‏2008-05-19T17:22:51Z |
This past weekend, I attempted to login to a V5R3 iSeries using iSeries Access for Linux version 1.4. My password had expired. Using the Linux version, I could find now way to change my password. I ended up finding a Windows machine with iSeries Access - After the password expired notification, it prompts for current password and a new password (double entry), changes the password then presents the iSeries sign on screen where everything proceeded normally. The Linux version simply popped up a message box declaring that the password was expired with an OK button... end of story. Is there any way strictly with the Linux version to handle the situation of an expired password??
Updated on 2008-05-20T03:33:37Z at 2008-05-20T03:33:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Expired Password

‏2008-05-19T20:18:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Zymonz, unfortunately that is not supported yet on the Linux product. I really recommend you to "Request a design change" on this web page: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/design_change.html, this way your requirement will get attention and better chances to be implemented.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      262 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Expired Password

‏2008-05-20T03:33:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you for the quick response.
      I'm very disappointed to hear that the feature truly doesn't exist in the Linux version!! I'm glad I had access to a Windows version to get around the issue. Otherwise this leaves a user COMPLETELY DEAD IN THE WATER!
      The link you provided for Request a design change results in a page not found, however from the System i Access page, I found a link that did work. I posted a request to have the feature added. Thank you for your time.
      Darryl