- Agent Manager
- Workbench (Client)
The Agent Manager and Agent components are included in a common installation package that can be downloaded via the following URL:
1. Install one instance of the Agent Manager component. The Agent Manager securely brokers all communications between the Workbench and individual systems running the Agent component. When installing the Agent Manager, you create certificates and passwords to secure the following connections:
- Workbench-to-Agent Manager
- Agent Manager-to-Agent
2. Install the Agent component on each system that contains IBM software products of interest, for example, WebSphere Application Server. The Agent component provides a secure connection to a single system. When installing the Agent component, you specify the host name, port, and registration password of the Agent Manager component. For further information, see the StartHere.html file that is located in the root directory of the installation package.
3. Within the Workbench, configure a connection to the Agent Manager, specifying the Agent Manager host name, port, and registration password, as well as the appropriate Workbench user name and password. For further information, see the Workbench help.
4. Using the Workbench, download any required ISA add-ons to the local repository. (Multiple Workbench installations can utilize a common, network-based local repository.) Assuming that you are planning to collect VCE-compatible configuration information from remote systems, download the Visual Configuration Explorer Topology Collector add-on. For further information, see the Workbench help.
5. Using the Workbench, install the required add-ons to the individual agent systems. For further information, see the Workbench help.
At this point, it is now possible to collect data from remote systems in much the same manner as local systems.