• 15 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-03-08T19:14:42Z by maxmadman
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Creating a lookup

‏2008-03-05T15:40:57Z |
Hello,
How can I ceate a lookup on INVVENDOR table in maximo 6.2.1? I looked on the lookup.xml file and there is no table id for INVVENDOR. Is it possible to add a table id to the lookup.xml?

I want to link an attribute in the ASSET table to the INVVENDOR table to get the list of the latter.

I appreciate your help. Thank you
bmensour
Updated on 2011-03-08T19:14:42Z at 2011-03-08T19:14:42Z by maxmadman
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Creating a lookup

‏2008-03-17T14:24:17Z  
    Yes, you can add the INVVENDOR table in the lookups.xml and you can specify the fields you want to appear. But you also have to create a maxdomain and a maxtabledomain record. Then you must set the domainid of the field you want to use the lookup.
  • SlightlyCrazy
    SlightlyCrazy
    59 Posts

‏2008-03-23T22:35:45Z  
    Yes, you can add the INVVENDOR table in the lookups.xml and you can specify the fields you want to appear. But you also have to create a maxdomain and a maxtabledomain record. Then you must set the domainid of the field you want to use the lookup.
    Just for reference, to create a new lookup you potentially have to do up to three things:

1) Create a table domain\crossover domain which identifies the source table against which the lookup is to be performed - this is how MAXIMO identifies what records to be referenced when building the lookup.
    (done within the domains application)

2) Create a new entry within the System lookups.xml. You can repeat an existing entry providing you give it a unique name. You identify which columns you want to display, and the order in which they are displayed. You also get to specify column headings, whether the filter is available and whether it is open etc. Effectively this component defines what the lookup actually looks like on the screen.
    (done by exporting the lookups.xml system definition from application designer. modifying it be hand and then reimporting it back through the application designer)

3) You may also need to add one or more entries to the MAXLOOKUPMAP table in order to assist MAXIMO in determining how to copy details from the selected record. Typically you need to do this because MAXIMO can not work out which values to copy where - giving you the 'invalid customisation message'. You don't always need to do this. (done through SQL - no GUI version)

Best Regards
    Slightlycrazy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-06-19T10:52:48Z  
    Just for reference, to create a new lookup you potentially have to do up to three things:

1) Create a table domain\crossover domain which identifies the source table against which the lookup is to be performed - this is how MAXIMO identifies what records to be referenced when building the lookup.
    (done within the domains application)

2) Create a new entry within the System lookups.xml. You can repeat an existing entry providing you give it a unique name. You identify which columns you want to display, and the order in which they are displayed. You also get to specify column headings, whether the filter is available and whether it is open etc. Effectively this component defines what the lookup actually looks like on the screen.
    (done by exporting the lookups.xml system definition from application designer. modifying it be hand and then reimporting it back through the application designer)

3) You may also need to add one or more entries to the MAXLOOKUPMAP table in order to assist MAXIMO in determining how to copy details from the selected record. Typically you need to do this because MAXIMO can not work out which values to copy where - giving you the 'invalid customisation message'. You don't always need to do this. (done through SQL - no GUI version)

Best Regards
    Slightlycrazy
    Can you explain the above steps using example? Say, how domain created in step 1 is used in step 2/3??
    -Rajeev
  • rad3
    rad3
    24 Posts

‏2008-06-23T13:43:24Z  
    Can you explain the above steps using example? Say, how domain created in step 1 is used in step 2/3??
    -Rajeev
    Hi,
    After creating a table/cross over domain,
    and adding lookup (we can define here the order, look of the data to be displayed in the select box),
    please tell me how I can use maxlookupmap to select a certain column value into the target field.

Thanks,
    Radhika.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-06-23T21:09:11Z  
    • rad3
    • ‏2008-06-23T13:43:24Z
    Hi,
    After creating a table/cross over domain,
    and adding lookup (we can define here the order, look of the data to be displayed in the select box),
    please tell me how I can use maxlookupmap to select a certain column value into the target field.

Thanks,
    Radhika.
    the maxlookupmap table has a very small record (only 9 fields), so you have to insert a record into maxlookupmap when you create a new table domain. so for example, say your new tabledomain is associated with a custom table named "CCMASTER" and this custom table domain is listed on the DEPARTMENT field of the custom CCMASTER table (because you want all CCMASTER records to have valid department names that are validated against the custom DEPTMASTER table), the values you would have to insert into maxlookup map are as follows:

TARGET -> CCMASTER
    LOOKUPATTR --> DEPARTMENT
    TARGETATTR --> DEPARTMENT
    SOURCEKEY --> DEPARTMENT
    SEQNUM --> 1
    ALLOWNULL --> 0
    SOURCE --> DEPTMASTER

anyway, this is how i've gotten it to work...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-06-26T18:57:29Z  
    bmaximo,

Install new Maximo version (7.1)! This version have Field Controls native program. This very easy create lookup components.
  • YelloY
    YelloY
    28 Posts

‏2008-08-05T06:30:03Z  
    bmaximo,

Install new Maximo version (7.1)! This version have Field Controls native program. This very easy create lookup components.
    Processor, where can I find Field Control?
    Is it included in an extra package? I do have Maximo 7.1 installed, but there is no such appliaction. I've been using it some time ago with version 6.x - but then it required additional installation.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-08-21T18:34:06Z  
    the maxlookupmap table has a very small record (only 9 fields), so you have to insert a record into maxlookupmap when you create a new table domain. so for example, say your new tabledomain is associated with a custom table named "CCMASTER" and this custom table domain is listed on the DEPARTMENT field of the custom CCMASTER table (because you want all CCMASTER records to have valid department names that are validated against the custom DEPTMASTER table), the values you would have to insert into maxlookup map are as follows:

TARGET -> CCMASTER
    LOOKUPATTR --> DEPARTMENT
    TARGETATTR --> DEPARTMENT
    SOURCEKEY --> DEPARTMENT
    SEQNUM --> 1
    ALLOWNULL --> 0
    SOURCE --> DEPTMASTER

anyway, this is how i've gotten it to work...
    Hi MaximoReg,

I am followinging this steps, but my application does not show the fields´s consult. See the picture and send me other solution. Help, me please?!
  • Devikanth
    Devikanth
    14 Posts

‏2008-11-05T08:32:40Z  
    Hi MaximoReg,

I am followinging this steps, but my application does not show the fields´s consult. See the picture and send me other solution. Help, me please?!
    What is the difference between a lookup and a valuelist ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-11-10T18:56:29Z  
    • Devikanth
    • ‏2008-11-05T08:32:40Z
    What is the difference between a lookup and a valuelist ?
    A lookup is a list of values that you retrieve from a table, whether you get it from a regular table or a domain table, like ALNDOMAIN, NUMERICDOMAIN, etc.
  • Gihad Galal
    Gihad Galal
    4 Posts

‏2010-08-04T11:52:05Z  
    you need to enter the value of that domain beside the field it is supposed to be used for in the database configuration and perform a db config
  • Jeffery.Carlisle
    Jeffery.Carlisle
    1 Post

‏2010-12-21T01:15:34Z  
    LeonardoBastos wrote:

It's good for reference, Thanks for your sharing! It's helpful to me.
  • tanweer
    tanweer
    28 Posts

‏2011-03-08T10:32:27Z  
    bmaximo,

record in maxlookupmap can be created from database configuration. for every attributes edit lookup map available. while pressing this button record can be inserted in maxlookupmap table.
  • DontKnowMaximo
    DontKnowMaximo
    44 Posts

‏2011-03-08T11:04:56Z  
    Hi MaximoReg,

Hi Henrique Drumond

Create a domain and associate it to the attribute and perform dbconfig

Thanks
  • maxmadman
    maxmadman
    67 Posts

‏2011-03-08T19:14:42Z  
    Hi, maybe the attached will help.
    -W