Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-02-26T21:17:52Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1525 Posts

Pinned topic Unhandled event loop exception java.lang.StackOverflowError!

‏2008-02-20T20:09:39Z |
Hi again,

Still stuck with the tutorial to build a web application with eclipse, WTP, and derby :( http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0509cline/. I start the derby network server through the Database Explorer by creating a New Connection. The connection is successful, I applied the filter, and I got the Sample Contents from the Flights table. When I right click the Flights table to edit the table I see the new row and after I type a flight No, a Multiple Errors have occurred window appears:

Unhandled event loop exception java.lang.StackOverflowError and

instantly another Internal Error windows appears:

An Internal Error occurred while showing an internal error. You are recommended to exit the workbench. Subsequent errors may happen and may terminate the workbench without warning. See the .log for more details

I don't know if this error is part of my eclipse platform or I miss something again with the tutorial. I use Eclipse 3.3.1.1 with org.apache.derby.core_10.3.2 and org.apache.derby.ui_1.1.1.

I looked under .metadata to see if there is any log file and I don't see any.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you,
Irene
Updated on 2008-02-26T21:17:52Z at 2008-02-26T21:17:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1525 Posts

Re: Unhandled event loop exception java.lang.StackOverflowError!

‏2008-02-21T16:10:20Z  
    Regarding my previous post for the "unhandled event loop exception" I mentioned that I could not find the eclipse log file. Apparently I was too tired to see! :(

Anyway, I started eclipse with -clean parameter and I made a copy of the log which I attached it instead of c&p. Any idea what is going on? I tried to find information in the eclipse's forum for that error and I found a lot with overflow but none related to Derby.

Thanks,
    Irene

Attachments

• Stan
    Stan
    267 Posts

‏2008-02-21T17:34:42Z  
    Regarding my previous post for the "unhandled event loop exception" I mentioned that I could not find the eclipse log file. Apparently I was too tired to see! :(

Anyway, I started eclipse with -clean parameter and I made a copy of the log which I attached it instead of c&p. Any idea what is going on? I tried to find information in the eclipse's forum for that error and I found a lot with overflow but none related to Derby.

Thanks,
    Irene
    The problem does not seem to be with with the Derby classes. The stack which is overflowing contains all eclipse.jface and eclipse.datatools classes. Below is the call sequence that is repeating over and over until it overflows the stack. I recommend posting this sequence to the eclipse forum to see if anyone else has encountered this sort of loop.
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTableViewer.insert(AbstractTableViewer.java:601)
    at org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.data.internal.ui.editor.TableDataEditor.getOrCreateRow(TableDataEditor.java:240)
    at org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.data.internal.ui.editor.TableDataCellModifier.modify(TableDataCellModifier.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer$2.setValue(ColumnViewer.java:284)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.EditingSupport.saveCellEditorValue(EditingSupport.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewerEditor.saveEditorValue(ColumnViewerEditor.java:380)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewerEditor.applyEditorValue(ColumnViewerEditor.java:264)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.applyEditorValue(ColumnViewer.java:411)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1525 Posts

‏2008-02-25T18:11:51Z  
    Hi Stan,

Thank you for replying. I posted the error to the eclipse dtp forum and I checked also their bug reports. I found bug # 209156/209158 which referred to Dali JPA tools but it got the same error and stack overflow by trying to edit the table. It maybe a bug with the version of eclipse & derby that I use. Anyway, I posted the question.

BTW, just to be sure, I installed a clean copy of eclipse and derby in a different PC and follow the tutorial. Of course, I got the same overflow error!

Thanks again,
    Irene
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1525 Posts

‏2008-02-26T21:17:52Z  
    Just FYI: It was a bug and it is corrected on DTP 1.5.2 release.