Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-02-15T18:39:35Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
37426 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to install the infocenter help in my own WAS for using in my intranet?

‏2008-02-12T07:55:33Z |
Hi, I would like to upload to my own servers (IBM HTTP server and WAS) the IBM infocenter for WAS and other IBM infocenters for other products (Tivoli Omegamon...). I have them in cd format and when I insert the cd, the autorun executes a java script and the infocenter is opened from the browser like in the IBM web site. But I would like to upload it to my WAS for sharing it with my partners.
How could I convert the java command (script) to ear format for uploading it to my WAS.

Or does anyone have any other idea to have the infocenter in a local server?

Many thanks.
Updated on 2008-02-15T18:39:35Z at 2008-02-15T18:39:35Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    37426 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to install the infocenter help in my own WAS for using in my intran

‏2008-02-12T15:47:44Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    you may not upload it on WAS, you should upload the content of your infocenter on HTTP server. was is not made to serve static contents, and infocenter is nothing but bunch of html files
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    37426 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to install the infocenter help in my own WAS for using in my intranet?

‏2008-02-12T19:37:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I see you made reference to Tivoli Omegamon so I figure there is a good chance your running WAS on z/OS. When it comes to locally hosting any WebSphere documentation, please let everyone know if you have a problem with 'IBM Eclipse Help System plug-in: WebSphere Application Server for z/OS', zip file 'com.ibm.websphere.zseries.doc.zip' and/or 'IBM Eclipse Help System plug-in: Javadoc', zip file 'com.ibm.websphere.javadoc.doc.zip'. I unzipped both of these files to 'C:\IBM Information Center\IBM_Help_301_Win\ibm_help\eclipse\plugins' but when I start 'help_start.bat' the documentation does not appear in the Information Center. Other documentation packages work fine, but not these two. Good luck.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    37426 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-02-15T13:40:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi RJ_F1, I have gotten what you want to do. I have copied the unzipped file com.ibm.websphere.zseries.doc_6.1.0 to the \eclipse\plugins directory and running the help_cd_start.bat works. This bat file contains:
    --
    .\jre\bin\java -classpath D:\apps\was\ibm_help_win\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.help.base_3.0.1\helpbase.jar org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help -eclipsehome eclipse -plugincustomization plugins\com.ibm.help.doc\plugin_customization.ini -command displayHelp -host 127.0.0.1 -noexec
    --
    But I agree that with the com.ibm.websphere.javadoc.doc.zip it does not work.

Anyway I have seen in http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/iehs the following:
    This technology runs on Windows® and Linux®.

So that my idea of running the infocenter in my WAS on z/OS to have all the documentation available for my company is not posible for the moment. I hope IBM will solve this because there is an Infocenter for z/OS 1.9 documentation, so that probably it will be the new generation of the Bookmanager and it has to be posible to have it on a z/OS platform. Most of all because IBM is setting the manuals in this format (Tivoli Omegamon, WebSphere, z/OS...)

Also I have tried the JZOS Toolkit without success.

Alberto Glez.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      37426 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-02-15T18:39:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Alberto,

I had opened an ETR with IBM regarding problems with the content of the 'IBM Eclipse Help System plug-in: WebSphere Application Server for z/OS', (zip file 'com.ibm.websphere.zseries.doc.zip') not showing up in the Information Center product. It has been identified as a packaging issue, the problem has been corrected, and a new file has been uploaded to the server. I've already downloaded it and the new copy works fine.

I don't believe InfoCenter is in a format to be installed as an application unless there exists an EAR version of it. In the interim you should be able to run Library Server to serve both BookManager and PDF's together.