Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-02-12T14:29:36Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
150 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WS-Reliable Messaging vs WebSphere MQ

‏2008-02-11T18:19:28Z |
Does the WS-Reliable Messaging standard (mentioned in slide 29 on the 2/11 call) provide the same or similar kinds of features as WebSphere MQ ? All that great once & only once assured delivery?
Thanks.

-Lisa

Message was edited by: Lisa.Tansey

Message was edited by: Lisa.Tansey
Updated on 2008-02-12T14:29:36Z at 2008-02-12T14:29:36Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    150 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WS-Reliable Messaging vs WebSphere MQ

‏2008-02-11T23:00:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Lisa. I do believe that the goal of WS-RM is to provide the kind of assured delivery that architects have come to depend on MQ for. From this note in the spec, though, I'm guessing that this could actually be implemented on top of MQ, if you wanted:

This specification (WS-ReliableMessaging) describes a protocol that allows messages to be delivered reliably between distributed applications in the presence of software component, system, or network failures. The protocol is described in this specification in a transport-independent manner allowing it to be implemented using different network technologies. To support interoperable Web services, a SOAP binding is defined within this specification.

From the wikipedia entry, it looks like WS-RM supports several types of delivery assurance: AtLeastOnce, AtMostOnce, ExactlyOnce and InOrder.

Hope this helps...<hr />
    Josh Beard
    IBM Certified IT Architect
    US Federal Accounts
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    150 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WS-Reliable Messaging vs WebSphere MQ

‏2008-02-12T14:29:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I just wanted to augment Joshua's post by including a link to more information about WSRM and its implementation supported by the WebSphere Web Services Feature Pack.

Another good article to consider is Using Message-oriented Middleware for Reliable Web Services Messaging that covers most options that you may want to consider.
    Updated on 2008-02-12T14:29:36Z at 2008-02-12T14:29:36Z by SystemAdmin