Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
15 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-01T14:24:33Z by Daviiid
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Eclipse plugin not functioning

‏2008-02-04T19:52:20Z |
Anybody have any luck with this? The install instructions are not up to date and when I do get it installed I get a NoSuchAlgorithmException: IbmX509KeyManagerFactory not available. It assumes I'm running with IBMs version of the JRE perhaps?
Updated on 2012-06-01T14:24:33Z at 2012-06-01T14:24:33Z by Daviiid
  • agrohman
    agrohman
    60 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Eclipse plugin not functioning

‏2008-02-05T20:46:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Did you go through the process of importing the DataPower certificate (root-ca-cert.pem) into the Java Key Store used by Eclipse? This process is outlined in the EclipseManagementPlugin.pdf document available from the DataPower Documentation site (https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/swg-datapower/index.shtml)

Andy
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-02-05T21:03:31Z  in response to agrohman
      Yes, my only deviation from the install documentation was the version of java that I'm using. Also the zip file contained a features and a plugins directory. The documentation says to copy the entire folder to your eclipse home directory but I could only get the datapower perspective to work by copying the contents of the features directory into features and doing the same with plugins.

When I open the datapower perspective and attempt to connect to datapower is when I get the NoSuchAlgorithmException.
      • agrohman
        agrohman
        60 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-02-05T23:16:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hmm... Well, your installation sounds fine. I did some testing with my own setup, and here's what I found. (In each case, I had to import the SSL Public Certificate in use by the XML Management Interface into the appropriate Java Kestore in jre/lib/security/cacerts...)

1. If I ran my basic Eclipse with Sun JRE 1.4.2, 1.5.0, or 1.6.0, I experienced your problem (or a slight variation thereof).
        2. If I ran my basic Eclipse with IBM JRE 1.4.2, or 1.6.0, I had no problem.

Note that I used the -vm command line argument, pointing to the appropriate jre/bin directory, to change the JRE used to launch Eclipse.

So, I recommend you download the latest IBM SDK here: https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=idpe&S_TACT=105AGX05&S_CMP=JDK

It looks like that comes bundled with Eclipse 1.2.2. If you elect not to use that (older) version of Eclipse, then you can use the -vm option with your existing Eclipse to point to the eclipseDevelopmentPackage\ibm_sdk60\jre\bin directory of that IBM SDK package.

I'm not sure if there is an easier way to override the X509 implementation in Sun's JRE... either way, I think you'd need the IBM code somewhere. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know an easier way.

At least this should get you running.

Andy
        Updated on 2008-02-05T23:16:50Z at 2008-02-05T23:16:50Z by agrohman
        • alvaro_reguly@adp.com
          28 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-04-25T20:03:42Z  in response to agrohman
          Sure Java runs everywhere... as long as you are running the correct version of Java. I got the same issue here and cannot get this thing running. I guess the QA is not very good.

Any chance of talking to the developer and make the plugin available to people who to do not own an IBM Laptop, thus cannot install (or even better don't want to install ) the IBM JRE ?

Thanks

Message was edited by: alvaro_reguly
          Updated on 2008-04-25T20:03:42Z at 2008-04-25T20:03:42Z by alvaro_reguly@adp.com
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            6772 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-04-25T21:25:06Z  in response to alvaro_reguly@adp.com
            The dWorks forum is a an information exchange facility for help and suggestions. Please do not assume that anyone on this forum can or will raise defect issues with a developer at IBM.

From what I can tell you have identified and verified a defect in the product or it's supported components. Please use this information to open a PMR with IBM customer support on this issue. Provide all the information required to reproduce this problem. Customer support will be happy to log this potential defect and work it through to resolution for you.

Corey
            • alvaro_reguly@adp.com
              28 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-04-26T00:07:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hello...

Actually I was more making a sugestion than a trying to make anyone change code. As a lot of IBM folks read these forums, maybe someone notices things like this and remembers it next time they start a similar project.

I got to a point where I had the plugin installed, and it didn't work. Willing to change my working environment (hey I really was open to try this) I gave up after I tried to download the IBM JRE and got a notice that it would not work on non IBM computers, so it seemed to me that this is not quite there yet. It did cross my mind of opening a PMR, but I think Darwin will apply here, this will either be fixed in a more open fashion or the plugin will die. All in all I am happy with the web interface.

Have a good one.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-28T12:58:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

I have the same problem.

Neither SUN nor IBM JREs are working for me. Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks in advance
    • dp-dude
      dp-dude
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-11T10:22:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Was this problem ever resolved 'officially', or has it been left to die? I can't imagine there are many prepared (or able) to run an ancient IBM JDK, so if they won't fix it perhaps they could release the code to the community instead.
      Anway, I worked out how to fix it and got it working with a non-IBM JDK if anyone is interested. The problem was the code wrongly depended on an IBM-specific part of its crypto implementation. This was easily spotted by decompiling the .jar and fixed by recompiling with the correct X509 keymanager lookup. Well at least it works on my Sun JDK 1.6 (Windows)...
      • Jaango
        Jaango
        266 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-21T11:25:34Z  in response to dp-dude
        Hi,
        I am following this link to do the plug ins needed. However I am not finding the source location, where I can download Eclipse Management Plugin. Can anyone please tell me whether I am using the correct link.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21239700
        • DineshKumarIlangovan
          8 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-10T12:37:25Z  in response to Jaango
          Please check the following link for step by step instruction and downloading and installing the eclipse plugins.

http://thysmichels.com/2010/06/05/installing-the-eclipse-management-plugin-for-the-datapower-appliance/

Please download the IBM development package. It consists of a ready-to-run version of eclipse and IBM Java. The Datapower eclipse plugins work only with IBM Java and not with Sun JRE.
          • Daviiid
            Daviiid
            282 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-30T09:48:41Z  in response to DineshKumarIlangovan
            Hello

I don't understand why it doesn't work

I have an error message : com.ibm.jsse2.util.g:PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: unable to find certification path to requested target

Is there a different way with firmWare 4.0.2?
            • Daviiid
              Daviiid
              282 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-30T15:10:03Z  in response to Daviiid
              nobody? :-(
              • RCW
                RCW
                232 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-01T06:34:03Z  in response to Daviiid
                I have no solution to your problem, but the Eclipse Plugin was deprecated in 3.8.2. I think. This could be related to the cause here.
                • Daviiid
                  Daviiid
                  282 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-01T14:24:33Z  in response to RCW
                  :-(

Thanks
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        6772 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-17T02:31:28Z  in response to dp-dude
        I'd be keen to hear how you got it going in a modern Oracle JDK actually. I have a client wanting some flexibility around which JDK they use.