• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-02-23T11:53:19Z by Steven1980
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
211 Posts

Pinned topic Difference Between Grid Computing and Cloud Computing

‏2008-02-01T18:48:26Z |
Hi Everybody

Can someone please explain me the difference between Grid Computing and Cloud Computing.
What is the reason for Grid Computing to be sidelined ? I would be glad if you can provide me with some good links to information on Cloud computing .

Thanks
Santosh
Updated on 2010-02-23T11:53:19Z at 2010-02-23T11:53:19Z by Steven1980
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    211 Posts

Re: Difference Between Grid Computing and Cloud Computing

‏2008-08-22T22:00:46Z  
    Good question. Check out my blog posting, "Intro to Cloud Computing."
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    211 Posts

Difference Between Grid Computing and Cloud Computing

‏2009-04-01T13:53:08Z  
    **Cloud Computing vs. Grid Computing**
    Grid computing has been used in environments where users make few but large allocation requests. For example, a lab may have a 1000 node cluster and users make allocations for all 1000, or 500, or 200, etc. So only a few of these allocations can be serviced at a time and others need to be scheduled for when resources are released. This results in sophisticated batch job scheduling algorithms of parallel computations.

Cloud computing really is about lots of small allocation requests. The Amazon EC2 accounts are limited to 20 servers each by default and lots and lots of users allocate up to 20 servers out of the pool of many thousands of servers at Amazon. The allocations are real-time and in fact there is no provision for queueing allocations until someone else releases resources. This is a completely different resource allocation paradigm, a completely different usage pattern, and all this results in completely different method of using compute resources.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    211 Posts

‏2010-01-07T11:20:18Z  
    Even i had a Question of what is all about a Computing Grid is. That time i have heard about [url=http://cloudslam09.com]cloudslam09[/url] who really explained me briefly about computing grid and i hope they can clear the query for the people who are indeed still in confusion of what is it really about and how does it helps us too.
  • Steven1980
    Steven1980
    1 Post

‏2010-02-23T11:53:19Z  
    Good Question. Have you heard about [url=http://cloudslam10.com]Cloud Computing Conference 2010[/url] which is the world's largest virtual and 2nd annual conference on Cloud Computing event and innovations. I have gathered complete information about the Cloud Computing,its technologies and also some additional knowledge on Computing Industry. They providing such a wonderful opportunity to meet and talk with the World's leading experts of Cloud computing. I hope this conference would helpful for you.