Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-04T16:50:14Z by Manikandan
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Someone with Maximo and MQ

‏2008-02-01T08:36:35Z |
Hello, Anybody has tried to use Maximo with MQ as queue manager instead JMS provided by WAS?
I founded this link, but is not enough, in Maximo there is JMS activations, but this article is so limited

Thanks in advance
Updated on 2013-04-04T16:50:14Z at 2013-04-04T16:50:14Z by Manikandan
  • Freshh
    Freshh
    12 Posts

Re: Someone with Maximo and MQ

‏2008-02-07T19:54:56Z  
    Hello,

Yes, I have extended the base handler to work in conjunction with MQ. The message gets passed from a JMS queue over to MQ.

I've also added a MQ listener in Maximo and have MQ messages coming directly into Maximo.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-09-10T19:44:27Z  
    • Freshh
    • ‏2008-02-07T19:54:56Z
    Hello,

Yes, I have extended the base handler to work in conjunction with MQ. The message gets passed from a JMS queue over to MQ.

I've also added a MQ listener in Maximo and have MQ messages coming directly into Maximo.
    Hi freshh,
    Would you be able to post some more details. We are looking to integrate Maximo with another application and
    our organization is using MQ for all integration related activities.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2008-10-09T18:24:58Z  
    • Freshh
    Hello,

I have configured Websphere MQ as a JMS in WebSphere and using JMSQueueCronTask to read the message from the Q and get the following message
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at psdi.iface.jms.MessageErrorHandler.getFileName(MessageErrorHandler.java:610)
    at psdi.iface.jms.MessageErrorHandler.isMarkedForDelete(MessageErrorHandler.java:171)
    at psdi.iface.jms.JMSQueueCronTask.getMessage(JMSQueueCronTask.java:263)
    at psdi.iface.jms.JMSQueueCronTask.cronAction(JMSQueueCronTask.java:179)
    at psdi.server.CronTaskManager$CronThread.run(CronTaskManager.java:1270)

IBM supoort told us to set a couple of properties as message header and it is not working
    Can you elaborate the steps you did to make Maximo 6.22/Oracle to read xml data from MQ including any extension of java class and Cron job settings. We will appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Bobby
  • Swiz
    Swiz
    58 Posts

‏2008-10-20T14:40:33Z  
    Hi freshh,
    Would you be able to post some more details. We are looking to integrate Maximo with another application and
    our organization is using MQ for all integration related activities.
    I am in the same boat as you VMXES.

We have Maximo 6.2.1 running on WAS trying to talk to a Broker. We have the talking part done, but what we are getting out of MAximo looks like a compresses JMS message.

I have tried a few things to get these messages to stop being translated into garbage but to no avail. I am using my interface with an HTTP handler, as mentioned I tried other handlers as well such as XML but nothing doing.

I have heard of other people getting this to work, so I believe this problem lies somewhere in WAS, for the life of me though I do not know where. Like most products it is clicking or de-selecting a feature that I am sure would fix the problem, but I do not know which.

For those interested, here is what we based our setup off of. I would appreciate ANY comments or help on this matter.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.pmc.express.doc/ref/rjc0222_.html
    Question: Does an upgrade to 6.2.2 or 6.2.3 make a difference, again the official word is yes but unofficially there is nothing in the release notes which address this type of problem.
  • Manikandan
    Manikandan
    10 Posts

‏2013-04-04T16:50:14Z  
    • Freshh
    Hello,

Hi Can you please tell me how you had achieved the Maximo MQ integration, we are working on a similar requirement. It would be helpful if you can provide details on it