Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-09-14T22:01:10Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1569 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RPM Licens

‏2008-01-28T12:02:03Z |
 Hi All

RPM licenses comes as "Portfolio Manager", "PM Console" and "Time and Expense".

I can also create more roles and assign different securties to them. I am confused how exactly
does license management work in RPM. Can I simply get one Portfolio Manager license and assign
it to one user and for rest of users define different security role with similiar permission?
Can someone shed some light?

Thanks
Updated on 2009-09-14T22:01:10Z at 2009-09-14T22:01:10Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RPM Licens

‏2008-01-28T12:59:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

Remember the simple rule. Every User that you create in RPM must have an Authorized License. There is no way to enforce the licensing through some license manager. The RPM Security Documentation provides a complete checklist of entitlement against each of the three licenses.

While the administrator is free to add to the existing set of rights, the rule is as follows: You cannot give additional rights than what is entitled to the license however you can remove rights.
    Faisal!
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1569 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-01-28T13:05:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Faisal, can you send me the security document that you mentioed in your message. My email is msohaib@yahoo.com. Thanks, Sohaib
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1569 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-02-19T12:58:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Fasil,

Can you please post the security documentation you mentioned here? I cannot find it in any of our documentation either. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here please send it to my email address, bfink_1@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Bob
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1569 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-14T22:01:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi I am new to RPM. I am trying to add a new administrator as the original one left the organization. How do I add a ne administrator