Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-11T17:02:37Z by SystemAdmin
shiridisai
shiridisai
64 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RFT and PDF forms

‏2008-01-15T23:55:23Z |
Does anyone know if RFT supports Adobe pdf forms?
Updated on 2012-10-11T17:02:37Z at 2012-10-11T17:02:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RFT and PDF forms

‏2008-01-16T14:53:00Z  in response to shiridisai
    Depends on what you mean by support. I can open/close/get title of pdf. Acrobat reader Versions 6 and lower versions are supported by RFT 6.xx and versions 7 and 8 are supported by RFT 7+. Versions 7 and 8 of Acrobat map as a new object type, but documentation is tough to find.

If your question about the actual data within the pdf, well i would love to know that too
    • shiridisai
      shiridisai
      64 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-01-18T16:28:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the info. Now I am able to open and save that pdf file . I am using RFT6.0.1 so downloaded adobe6.0 version and It's working fine
    • newbie_tiwari
      newbie_tiwari
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-14T09:31:44Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Oppenheimer

Could you pls tell me that how to close PDF file using coding part..
      I mean i was not able to record the step of closing PDF file but some how managed to close it using some 1 line code. After seeing ur comment here i felt may be you can help me with better solution..

• manj76
      manj76
      91 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-02T13:33:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hello,

what about pdf, like (In pdf containing form, text boxes and list boxes and validate buttons)
      is it possible test using RFT?

Thanks,
      Manju
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        16729 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-11T17:02:37Z  in response to manj76
        I was looking to do some really basic work here and ended up using tab keys to navigate the screen (in my case a PDF served up within a browser window but I reckon you can get at least that much with just the application).

I got the message 'Ignoring the click on pdf document in document mode setting' when interacting with the PDF with the mouse but giving the document focus and then tabbing through seemed to work cleanly enough. In our case we then saved these in the script & I wrote a small Java application that checked for the expected keywords as a batch (using itextpdf, no reason that couldn't have been added to the actual script) and they were manually checked for visual correctness (not something I thought was even worth trying to automate).

I couldn't get much more than this really but it saved a lot of repetitive entry into the PDF's & ensured specific text & derived values was being checked for making visual verification a lot easier (really just looking at the shape/flow of the page) so was probably worthwhile doing.

Code heavy workaround really but it got us just what we needed. What is your particular scenario?