Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-01-30T14:09:23Z by mburati
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
557 Posts

Pinned topic IBM Websphere Portal Factory Designer- To upload Document

‏2008-01-09T10:25:14Z |
Generally we use 'File Upload Builder' to upload a file,But how to upload a document into Document Manager in Portlet Factory using 'File Upload Builder'.I am using Websphere Portal Server 6.0.
Updated on 2008-01-30T14:09:23Z at 2008-01-30T14:09:23Z by mburati
  • mburati
    mburati
    352 Posts

Re: IBM Websphere Portal Factory Designer- To upload Document

‏2008-01-09T15:39:41Z  
    This is the WPF web services forum - you might find more doc/content management experts in the WPF Best Practices forum.

Before reposting there, check out this sample on the WPF Wiki to see if it has the info you're looking for:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwo rks/wikis/display/PortletFactoryID/IBM+-+Creating+a+Portal+Document+Manager+Service

..mb1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    557 Posts

‏2008-01-09T19:52:28Z  
    In addition to what mb1 wrote, just a bit more information: Take a look at the help for the Portal Document Manager Access (PDMA) builder. This PDMA builder automatically detects when a File Upload builder is being used to upload a file and will handle streaming the uploaded file into the Document Manager repository.

Also, be sure to read the help in its entirety. The underlying JCR repository is particular about a few things, which are explained in the help.

Sam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    557 Posts

‏2008-01-11T05:03:29Z  
    Thanks guys. I am able to upload a doc into Document Manager now.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    557 Posts

‏2008-01-11T06:21:42Z  
    I used the sample in the link u specified, can we configure it to place the document under a particular site area?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    557 Posts

IBM Websphere Portal Factory Designer- To upload Document

‏2008-01-30T10:24:18Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2008-01-09T15:39:41Z
    This is the WPF web services forum - you might find more doc/content management experts in the WPF Best Practices forum.

Before reposting there, check out this sample on the WPF Wiki to see if it has the info you're looking for:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwo rks/wikis/display/PortletFactoryID/IBM+-+Creating+a+Portal+Document+Manager+Service

..mb1
    How to use Portal Document Manager Access builder in Portal Factory. What to be filled for Document type under Portal Document Manager Access. I clicked on "Search for Document Types", a pop up with no available data appears. How to add files to it?

Message was edited by: myquestion
    Updated on 2008-01-30T10:24:18Z at 2008-01-30T10:24:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    557 Posts

‏2008-01-30T10:31:23Z  
    How to use Portal Document Manager Access builder in Portal Factory. What to be filled for Document type under Portal Document Manager Access. I clicked on "Search for Document Types", a pop up with no available data appears. How to add files to it?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    557 Posts

‏2008-01-30T10:31:56Z  
    In addition to what mb1 wrote, just a bit more information: Take a look at the help for the Portal Document Manager Access (PDMA) builder. This PDMA builder automatically detects when a File Upload builder is being used to upload a file and will handle streaming the uploaded file into the Document Manager repository.

Also, be sure to read the help in its entirety. The underlying JCR repository is particular about a few things, which are explained in the help.

Sam
  • mburati
    mburati
    352 Posts

‏2008-01-30T14:09:23Z  
    Have you tried the PDM/Content sample on the WPF Wiki at:

..mb1
    Updated on 2008-01-30T14:09:23Z at 2008-01-30T14:09:23Z by mburati