Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-01-27T09:57:09Z by kevin.W
Munchun
Munchun
2 Posts

Pinned topic DataStage on AIX - Authentication Problem

‏2007-12-27T10:15:33Z |
We are having trouble logging onto DataStage Server v 8.0.1 on AIX (Version 5.3) box. The error reads as below:

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain:
A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://crashguard:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.

We were able to log onto the DS Server, but we got the above error while logging onto the DS Server.

While we tried to log onto the web console of the IBM Information Server using the user "admin" we got the following error:

Fail to get groups for user admin: Unable to begin a transaction: Error opening repository: Error initializing persistence manager module

The IP Address of the machine is 9.124.102.240
The Serial Number of the machine is 9131- 063529G IBM SYSTEM P5 52A
The Location of the server is EGL D Block First Floor, Bangalore India. Lab 4, Rack #CR28

Please help us with 2 things:
Diagnosis: Why this error occured?
Resolution: How to resolve this error?

Looking forward to hearing at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards
Alok Kumar
Updated on 2011-01-27T09:57:09Z at 2011-01-27T09:57:09Z by kevin.W
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    61 Posts

Re: DataStage on AIX - Authentication Problem

‏2008-01-05T20:04:56Z  
    When installed, WAS configures itself with a hostname that it determines from the local OS. When you provide your credentials and hostname to connect to from the client, you are providing a different hostname than WAS tacked during its install. While the initial communication with the server is succeeding, the server is returning back another URL to actually use to work against the server with. It's using this "install" hostname and that hostname is not resolvable by your client. The easiest solution is to ensure that you have an entry in your hosts file on the client for "crashguard" and set it to the IP of the server. You can contact customer support for the more complex procedure required to change the "install" hostname in WAS.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    61 Posts

‏2008-01-14T15:35:05Z  
    Got the same problem on Windows. Solved it by setting the hosts file.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    61 Posts

‏2008-10-02T15:07:36Z  
    Got the same problem on Windows. Solved it by setting the hosts file.
    I'm encountering the same problem on Windows but don't know how to set the hosts file, would it be possible to please post how to do this? Thanks in advance.
  • leonaid
    leonaid
    1 Post

‏2008-10-20T15:20:12Z  
    I am facing same problem OS is AIX.

can any one let me know how to change install host on server as this was one of the solution mentioned in previous reply.
    A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.
    javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration. Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: CONNECT_FAILURE_ON_SSL_CLIENT_SOCKET - JSSL0130E: java.io.IOException: Signals that an I/O exception of some sort has occurred. Reason: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address vmcid: 0x49421000 minor code: 70 completed: No
  • katykao
    katykao
    2 Posts

‏2009-03-09T12:35:32Z  
    • leonaid
    • ‏2008-10-20T15:20:12Z

can any one let me know how to change install host on server as this was one of the solution mentioned in previous reply.
    A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.
    javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://SVHJ0014:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration. Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: CONNECT_FAILURE_ON_SSL_CLIENT_SOCKET - JSSL0130E: java.io.IOException: Signals that an I/O exception of some sort has occurred. Reason: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address vmcid: 0x49421000 minor code: 70 completed: No
    Hi,

I encountered the same problem while client and server are not installed on the same computer!!
    Is there any solution to solve this issue?

Thanks!
  • katykao
    katykao
    2 Posts

‏2009-03-09T12:36:13Z  
    • leonaid
    • ‏2008-10-20T15:20:12Z

Hi,

I encountered the same problem while client and server are not installed on the same computer!!

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    61 Posts

‏2009-12-30T11:47:05Z  
    • katykao
    • ‏2009-03-09T12:36:13Z
    Hi,

Thanks!
    Hi everyone,

Did anyone manage to find the solution to this? I'm also getting the same error:

11:01:03.962 com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSSSLTransportConnection connect:428 Thread-0 ORBRasdefault org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: CONNECT_FAILURE_ON_SSL_CLIENT_SOCKET - JSSL0130E: java.io.IOException: Signals that an I/O exception of some sort has occurred. Reason: Connection refused vmcid: 0x49421000 minor code: 70 completed: No
    at com.ibm.ws.security.orbssl.WSSSLClientSocketFactoryImpl.createSSLSocket(WSSSLClientSocketFactoryImpl.java:756)
    at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSSSLTransportConnection.createSocket(WSSSLTransportConnection.java:227)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.transport.TransportConnectionBase.connect(TransportConnectionBase.java:374)
    at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSTransport$1.run(WSTransport.java:503)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
    at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSTransport.getConnection(WSTransport.java:500)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.transport.TransportBase.getConnection(TransportBase.java:162)
    at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.TransportManager.get(TransportManager.java:81)
    at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.createRequest(GIOPImpl.java:132)
    at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.createRequest(GIOPImpl.java:97)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate._createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1909)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1187)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1287)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1120)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1253)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate.java:1786)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate.java:1209)
    at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(ObjectImpl.java:460)
    at com.ibm.WsnOptimizedNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve_complete_info(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.cosResolve(CNContextImpl.java:4043)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1746)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1707)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookupExt(CNContextImpl.java:1412)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookup(CNContextImpl.java:1290)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:145)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)
    at com.ascential.asb.util.invocation.ejb.EJBServiceCreator.<init>(EJBServiceCreator.java:148)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.ejb.EJBAuthenticationService.<init>(EJBAuthenticationService.java:34)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.getAuthService(JAASAuthenticationService.java:370)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.logout(JAASAuthenticationService.java:153)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.logout(AuthenticationService.java:572)
    at com.ascential.acs.logging.agent.LoggingAgentImpl$ShutdownThread.run(LoggingAgentImpl.java:357)
  • kishu2456
    kishu2456
    2 Posts

‏2010-03-10T22:29:46Z  
    Hi everyone,

Did anyone manage to find the solution to this? I'm also getting the same error:

11:01:03.962 com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSSSLTransportConnection connect:428 Thread-0 ORBRasdefault org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: CONNECT_FAILURE_ON_SSL_CLIENT_SOCKET - JSSL0130E: java.io.IOException: Signals that an I/O exception of some sort has occurred. Reason: Connection refused vmcid: 0x49421000 minor code: 70 completed: No
    at com.ibm.ws.security.orbssl.WSSSLClientSocketFactoryImpl.createSSLSocket(WSSSLClientSocketFactoryImpl.java:756)
    at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSSSLTransportConnection.createSocket(WSSSLTransportConnection.java:227)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.transport.TransportConnectionBase.connect(TransportConnectionBase.java:374)
    at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSTransport$1.run(WSTransport.java:503)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
    at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSTransport.getConnection(WSTransport.java:500)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.transport.TransportBase.getConnection(TransportBase.java:162)
    at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.TransportManager.get(TransportManager.java:81)
    at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.createRequest(GIOPImpl.java:132)
    at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.createRequest(GIOPImpl.java:97)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate._createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1909)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1187)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1287)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1120)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1253)
    at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate.java:1786)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate.java:1209)
    at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(ObjectImpl.java:460)
    at com.ibm.WsnOptimizedNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve_complete_info(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.cosResolve(CNContextImpl.java:4043)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1746)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1707)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookupExt(CNContextImpl.java:1412)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookup(CNContextImpl.java:1290)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:145)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)
    at com.ascential.asb.util.invocation.ejb.EJBServiceCreator.<init>(EJBServiceCreator.java:148)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.ejb.EJBAuthenticationService.<init>(EJBAuthenticationService.java:34)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.getAuthService(JAASAuthenticationService.java:370)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.logout(JAASAuthenticationService.java:153)
    at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.logout(AuthenticationService.java:572)
    at com.ascential.acs.logging.agent.LoggingAgentImpl$ShutdownThread.run(LoggingAgentImpl.java:357)
    Hi,

We are also facing the same problem with our new Linux server. I added entries in the hosts file in the client machine. But it didn't work out.

We have two DataStage servers one on windows and another on linux. The window server had client too. I'm able to connect to linux server from the windows server machine using the client tools. It doesnt have entry in hosts file too.

However, i am unable to connect to Linux server from any other laptops.
    please advice.
  • ekarpov@ec-leasing.ru
    1 Post

‏2010-04-08T14:07:57Z  
    • kishu2456
    • ‏2010-03-10T22:29:46Z
    Hi,

We are also facing the same problem with our new Linux server. I added entries in the hosts file in the client machine. But it didn't work out.

We have two DataStage servers one on windows and another on linux. The window server had client too. I'm able to connect to linux server from the windows server machine using the client tools. It doesnt have entry in hosts file too.

However, i am unable to connect to Linux server from any other laptops.
    please advice.
    Hi, i solved the same problem by adding in hosts inforamtion about server on both (client - Windows and server - Suse Linux) sides.
  • JanusChoy
    JanusChoy
    2 Posts

‏2010-05-07T10:02:12Z  
    Hi, i solved the same problem by adding in hosts inforamtion about server on both (client - Windows and server - Suse Linux) sides.
    I got the same problems...
    How to solve it?
    please advise and provide some manual

Thanks
  • kishu2456
    kishu2456
    2 Posts

‏2010-05-07T10:10:04Z  
    • JanusChoy
    • ‏2010-05-07T10:02:12Z
    I got the same problems...
    How to solve it?
    please advise and provide some manual

Thanks
    Hi JanusChoy ,
    It's definitely issue that your client is unable to talk to server. try pinging from the server to client.

We had issue with IP Addresses. Our server is having two IP addresses. I have changed the ipaddress in /etc/hosts file to reflect the ip address, I'm able to ping from client tool.
  • JanusChoy
    JanusChoy
    2 Posts

‏2010-05-10T01:22:05Z  
    • kishu2456
    • ‏2010-05-07T10:10:04Z
    Hi JanusChoy ,
    It's definitely issue that your client is unable to talk to server. try pinging from the server to client.

We had issue with IP Addresses. Our server is having two IP addresses. I have changed the ipaddress in /etc/hosts file to reflect the ip address, I'm able to ping from client tool.
    Hi kishu,

I can ping the server & I can log on the IBM information server too.

That's very strange that I can't log on DataStage via the client tools like 'Designer' or 'Administrator'.

I'd modified the /etc/hosts, but it didn't help.
  • Chengming_IBM
    Chengming_IBM
    1 Post

‏2010-10-22T09:27:21Z  
    • JanusChoy
    • ‏2010-05-10T01:22:05Z
    Hi kishu,

I can ping the server & I can log on the IBM information server too.

That's very strange that I can't log on DataStage via the client tools like 'Designer' or 'Administrator'.

I'd modified the /etc/hosts, but it didn't help.
    I solved the problem by set the hostname in /etc/hosts, and the IP address in /etc/hosts should be the IP of the server, not 127.0.0.1 or 127.0.0.2
  • kevin.W
    kevin.W
    5 Posts

‏2011-01-27T09:57:09Z  
    Hi!

If your InfoServer on AIX and Client on windows, for the purpose of using client to connect to server, you should set the hosts on your client PC (windows), the hosts locates at "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" directory, open the hosts file and write the server IP and machine name in it. Like "kevin-PC 127.0.0.1".

hope this will help somebody.

Kevin.W