Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
40 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Customization of Records Manager

‏2007-12-11T20:23:21Z |
Have oraganizations utilizing records manager had to customize things? Have you needed to write outside processes that manipulate index values inside records manager? I am having a hard time finding ways to do things with the OOTB records manager implementation.

What I am thinking is to write a process that would find all the records inside RM and set a value to an index property. An example might be end of fiscal year. This java process would run yearly on a schedule (either a workflow or system scheduler), that would find all documents added during the year 1/1/2007 - 12/31/2007 and mark an index value ("End of Year") to yes. My trigger would then look for all records with a non null value in "End of Year" and start disposition.

I would like to know if we are going down the right path and customizing appliations to interact with records manager.

Thanks in advance,
Travis